FN Herstal Firearms banner

Time to contact our Senators again

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Big Muddy 
#1 ·
From a GOA email I received:
Whatever you think about Barack Obama, he is endlessly clever and aggressive in pursuing his political agenda, particularly the elimination of the private ownership of guns.
So we have been watching, with increased concern, Obama’s plan to give up U.S. stewardship over the Internet at the end of the fiscal year –- on September 30.
At stake in the internet controversy is responsibility for an organization called the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN). This corporation oversees internet domain names –- who gets them and what they consist of.
After September 30, if the UN assumed effective control over ICANN, it could use its position to ban pro-gun speech on the Internet.
Send a Message

#3 ·
Done.

#6 ·
Done

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Troublesx10
#7 ·
At least one of the politicians from Mo. is listening. An email i got from congressman Graves.
Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the United States government’s plans to give up oversight over the Internet Corporation for Assigning Names and Numbers (ICANN). I appreciate hearing from you on this matter.

ICANN is a non-profit corporation that was founded in 1998 to coordinate the Internet’s system of identifiers (domain names and numbers). For over a decade, ICANN has managed the Internet’s global naming system under direct and unilateral oversight of the U.S. Department of Commerce. The U.S. has always played an important role in overseeing the management of ICANN until the Obama Administration announced its intentions to end the nation’s contract with ICANN in September, 2015.

I am firmly against giving up our oversight on Internet governance. Doing so would be a direct threat to free speech and will open the door for countries like Russia or China to take control of the Internet. Please know I will continue to monitor this situation and keep your views in mind if legislation concerning this issue comes before the House floor for a vote.

Again, thank you for contacting me regarding this important issue. Please feel free to call my office at (202) 225-7041 should you have any further questions or concerns about this or any other issue, or visit my website at www.graves.house.gov for more information.

Sincerely,

Sam Graves
Member of Congress

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.