Canadian anti-gun bill dies in their senate.

FN Forum

Google Search
Thanks Tree9Thanks
  • 1 Post By Macprowler
  • 2 Post By monsterdog
  • 3 Post By Smurky
  • 3 Post By russc2542

Thread: Canadian anti-gun bill dies in their senate.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    3rd rock from the sun - occasionally Florida

Canadian anti-gun bill dies in their senate.

Our Canadian friends lucked out, this draconian bill died in senate after the sponsor retired. Bill was up for reading and debate, but this anti-gun whacko retired, and thus the bill is dropped.

The private member’s bill, titled “Strengthening Canadians’ Security and Promoting Hunting and Recreational Shooting Act” and known as S-223, that sought to introduce sweeping changes to the Criminal Code and Firearms Act that would almost entirely eliminate lawful firearm ownership in Canada has been dropped from the Senate Order Papers on Thursday.

According to the bill’s text the Firearms Act would undergo a massive overhaul to include incredibly draconian restrictions. Such changes include the reclassification of all restricted firearms and non-restricted semi-automatic, centre-fire guns as “circumscribed firearms”; the prohibition of all firearms in Canada except hunting rifles, guns used at shooting clubs, and collectors’ firearms; making only hunting firearms legal to possess anywhere but at a shooting range; limit the transport of “circumscribed firearms” to sanctioned transportation companies; replace registration certificates with “inscription certificates; repeal most of the Common Sense Firearms Licensing Act; and prohibit the storage of circumscribed firearms int he homes of licensed gun owners.

Full article
    M1P90 thanked this.
    Lifetime NRA member
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

~Travel broadens the mind.~

A short drive from the center of the universe
    Another libtard will just pick it up and run with it in his stead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Demons run when a good man goes to war

Good for them. But I'm sure they will keep trying, just like here in the U.S.
    AMP PS90 trigger install:

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 FREEDOM!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

It's funny how the title of these kinds of bills are always the exact opposite of what's in the actual bill.

When you have to lie and rely on peoples' ignorance, you know what you're proposing is unpopular.
    Macprowler and Smurky thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    People's Republik of Dane county, Wisconsin
    So True, ie: Affordable Care Act

Quote Originally Posted by monsterdog View Post
    It's funny how the title of these kinds of bills are always the exact opposite of what's in the actual bill.

When you have to lie and rely on peoples' ignorance, you know what you're proposing is unpopular.
    LESTER, Macprowler and monsterdog thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by monsterdog View Post

Don't forget taking on 6000 unrelated rules to rub the backs of other politicians and get their vote while obfuscating the rest of the 900 page bill. The next bill oughta be that all new bills need to fit on one letter size page in 12pt font.
    Macprowler, Smurky and monsterdog thanked this.
    -Russ
    "You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"

Sponsored Links