Google Search
Thanks Tree22Thanks
  • 12 Post By monsterdog
  • 2 Post By aquaticpig
  • 2 Post By mlevinson
  • 6 Post By Aging Disgracefully

Thread: Strike while the iron is hot

Strike while the iron is hot

Right now, this week, is the time for you to strategize on the future of the 2A. Particularly if you have friends and family who are upset about yesterday's election results.

Rather than rub their faces in it, be nice and sympathetic. Explain this is why real conservatives want limited government and a non-squishy reading of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. That they plan for the long game, not just the next 4 years where their guy is in office.

Your friends are scared and confused, and you need to be there for them.

Buy them a beer and listen to them cry. Then take them to the range this coming weekend. Teach them to handle a gun safely and shoot it accurately.
    Last edited by monsterdog; 11-09-2016 at 10:58 AM. Reason: I can't spell "beer"
    street doctor, BART, Big Muddy and 9 others thanked this.

Best point ever, monsterdog.

They've called you Deplorables and the like this entire election season. Forgive them. Get over it. Look at the big picture - and that big picture is a free gun-toting America!!
    OvrK0 and monsterdog thanked this.
    Esse quam videri

I agree. I think it's time to mend things in this country. The wilder the pendulum swings between right and left, the worse off we are.

It's difficult not to do unto them what they did unto us - but I'm going to try. Divided we fall.

I'm glad to have a clean slate and was impressed with what Trump said last night. I'm still very nervous about who the real Trump is - because I'm not convinced. But I'll give him a chance and pray that he can move the country in the right direction.
    monsterdog and Macprowler thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Senior Member Aging Disgracefully's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterdog View Post
    Right now, this week, is the time for you to strategize on the future of the 2A. Particularly if you have friends and family who are upset about yesterday's election results.

Rather than rub their faces in it, be nice and sympathetic. Explain this is why real conservatives want limited government and a non-squishy reading of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. That they plan for the long game, not just the next 4 years where their guy is in office.

Your friends are scared and confused, and you need to be there for them.

Buy them a bear and listen to them cry. Then take them to the range this coming weekend. Teach them to handle a gun safely and shoot it accurately.
    Could not agree more. The arrogance of victory undid Obama and his supporters. We would do well to remember that.

Let us now be guided by the better angels of our nature.
    Big Muddy, mlevinson, Spilz and 3 others thanked this.

Sponsored Links