• 2 Post By Rizza32
  • 2 Post By Type5
  • 3 Post By FS2KSTD
  • 1 Post By M1P90

Thread: Three states OK stricter gun laws in Election Day referenda

Sponsor
    FN Supporter

Three states OK stricter gun laws in Election Day referenda

The left never rests. Neither should we! Lets enjoy the victory but keep ever vigilant in fighting for our right!

Three states voted Tuesday to expand gun control measures, while one defeated an attempt to restrict Second Amendment rights.

California, Washington and Nevada all approved stricter gun laws, from banning certain ammunition sales to requiring background checks on private gun sales. Maine shot down an attempt to require background checks on private purchases.

The California measure makes it illegal to possess ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. It also requires background checks for anyone purchasing ammunition and lays out a process by which convicted felons’ firearms are seized.

“It was a repudiation of the National Rifle Assn. and the gun lobby. They lost badly,” California Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom told the Los Angeles Times. “It’s a very important initiative because I think it’s the beginning of a national debate on relinquishment and ammunition background checks that will I think will have a very significant impact on reducing gun violence in this country.”

In Washington, voters approved a measure that allows police and family to petition a judge to restrict gun ownership of people thought to be a danger to themselves or to others, the Seattle Times reported.

Nevada voters OK’d expanding background checks for all private gun sales and transfers.

Joe Duffy, who headed the campaign in support of Nevada’s proposed new gun laws told the Las Vegas Review Journal that the newly approved law is a “common-sense measure that can save lives while respecting the rights of law-abiding gun owners.”

Maine voters rejected a measure similar to the one in Nevada. Gun rights advocates celebrated their victory, calling it a “great night for the people of Maine.”

“With their freedoms in question and liberties at stake, they embraced the rights recognized in our constitution and said no to the poorly written, unenforceable mandates of the Question 3 ballot initiative,” Chris Cox, executive director of the National Rifle Association’s Institute for Legislative Action, told the Portland Press Herald.

Three states OK stricter gun laws in Election Day referenda ? TheBlaze
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Completely embarrassed to live in NV right now.
    Macprowler and LESTER thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizza32 View Post
    Completely embarrassed to live in NV right now.
    Tell me about it - I live in Colorado...but I am close to retirement - I am out of here.
    Keep up the fight!
    Macprowler and LESTER thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Also embarrassed that I-1491 passed in WA. No due process and loss of firearm possesion rights with a lengthy period and no solid description of how to get those rights restored, all on the whim of another's "feeling"? Thanks to the same people that funded, backed and voted for I-594 and voted against I-591! Eastern WA would be a better place if we blocked the passes and seceeded from King, Pierce and Snohomomish counties. SMFH
    LESTER, Macprowler and M1P90 thanked this.
    Μολὼν λάβε

That part of the country needs to break off and float away.
    AMP PS90 trigger install:

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 FREEDOM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SONYtec View Post
    That part of the country needs to break off and float away.
    Easy there scrappy... aren't you from MA?
    Μολὼν λάβε

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    We from Massachusetts just hope Commiefornia secedes and all the Libtards here move there! Just think of a USA where all the Lefties move to Mexifornia to their "Utopia". The USA will be Free at Last!
    FS2KSTD thanked this.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

Sponsored Links