FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Thanks Tree62Thanks

Thread: Trump on 2nd amendment. Merica!

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

Trump on 2nd amendment. Merica!

One common criticism of billionaire businessman and presidential candidate Donald Trump is that he far too often speaks in vague generalities and rarely offers specifics about where he stands on the issues.
    That is no longer the case, at least regarding his stance on gun rights and the Second Amendment, as Trump just released his official policy position on his campaign website.

“The Second Amendment to our Constitution is clear. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. Period,” the position paper began.
    Trump went on to explain that the right to keep and bear arms is a right that pre-exists both the government and the Constitution, noting that government didn’t create the right, nor can it take it away.
    He also rightly denoted the Second Amendment as “America’s first freedom,” pointing out that it helps protect all of the other rights we hold dear.
    In order to protect and defend that right, Trump proposed tougher enforcement of laws that are already on the books, rather than adding new gun control laws.
    Citing a successful program in Richmond, Virginia, that sentenced gun criminals to mandatory minimum five-year sentences in federal prison, Trump noted that crime rates will fall dramatically when criminals are taken off the streets for lengthy periods of time.
    Trump also proposed strengthening and expanding laws allowing law-abiding gun owners to defend themselves from criminals using their own guns, without fear of repercussion from the government.
    Noting that many of the recent high-profile shooters had clear mental problems that should have been addressed, Trump proposed fixing our nation’s broken mental health system by increasing treatment opportunities for the non-violent mentally ill, but removing from the streets those people who pose a danger to themselves and others.
    Trump would do away with pointless and ineffective gun and magazine bans and suggested fixing the current background check system already in place, rather than expanding a broken system.
    Furthermore, Trump proposed a national right to carry, a national concealed carry reciprocity law that would compel states to recognize the concealed carry permits of any other state, exactly as drivers licenses from anywhere are accepted by all states today.
    Finally, Trump would lift the prohibition on military members carrying weapons on military bases and in recruiting centers, allowing trained military members to carry weapons to protect themselves from attacks by terrorists, criminals and the mentally unstable, as we have seen recently.
    This is great, and those who cherish our right to keep and bear arms should be pleased by Trump’s stated position on the Second Amendment.
    Of course, liberal anti-gunners will hate this, but their opinion on the matter is of little concern to us “people of the gun,” of which Donald Trump is apparently one.
    Please share this on Facebook and Twitter to help spread Donald Trump’s official policy position on the Second Amendment and our right to keep and bear arms.

F Yes! I'm sick and tired of the ignorant left attacking our rights all the time. This guy gets it.
    Type5, Patric, mjk1 and 11 others thanked this.
    "Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't let him do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policeman, bureaucrats, and politicians."

-Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith, Hope, 2001

What worries me is Guliani if he gets Atty. Gen. he has always been anti 2nd and then there is that fat slop from New Jersey Cristie who is 100% anti 2nd!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    Here lies Lester Moore. Four slugs from a .44. No Les. No More.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Man! that would be wonderful if he can lift these firearms and magazine bans in our communist States! The SCOTUS would have to reverse it's current ruling that States have the right to impose their own limitations on Guns. If he can pack the SCOTUS with pro-2nd judges and rule that the 2nd is a nationally protected right like all the other amendments... and the CC is national like a drivers license!!!!! WOW!!! What a wonderful world that would be!!!
    SONYtec, Troublesx10, mjk1 and 3 others thanked this.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    "If you wish for peace, prepare for war"

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    3rd rock from the sun - occasionally Florida
    Hopefully the HPA will get passed, and we start buying suppressors like normal countries.
    Troublesx10, mjk1, Ripcord_03 and 7 others thanked this.
    Lifetime NRA member

~Travel broadens the mind.~

A short drive from the center of the universe
    I have also read where he wants to remove suppressors from NFA regulation. I don't know if that can be done by executive order or require congress to amend the existing law. Probably the latter. If a change in the law is required, the Demtards in the Senate would likely filibuster it unless it was attached as a rider to other legislation they would approve.

Demons run when a good man goes to war

Kam, I'm surprised you can type bro. Figured you chewed your finger nails down to the bone.

IMO
    Having Hillary not elected is like a mile wide tornado missing your house at the last possible second. I think we should take it as "We" can get it, small win after small win.

He has been looking for constitutionalists for cabinet members.
    TX OMFS, KameronTKelly and LESTER thanked this.
    It's not the things I did that keep me up at night.. it's the things I didn't do, but could have done, that's what has me losing sleep. - Me

I support veteran owned businesses. They supported America. Thank you for your service.
    Joshua 24:15

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I doubt we see anything done about nfa that $200 tax makes them good money. But maybe a much needed change in the process so we don't have to wait so damn long and go through so much dumb jargon to get it

either way have to always keep a watchful eye. Several states voted to restrict 2 amendment a few days ago. So if there is no federal threat still have to keep an eye out locally. Even Reagan was the one who passed gun control so still have to watch on federal level also with trump being a former democrat and my republican

we are i. A more comfortable place now then before but still be optimistically cautious
    LESTER, Macprowler and dank thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I am inclined to believe the man. His narrative on 2A hasn't changed a smidgeon since he started running this race. He knows who voted him in. He is not a career politician hell far from it. He pledged he wouldn't even accept pay. Our country is a rotting cesspool of old rotting corpses running congress and the senate and he aims to change that. I understand being cautious but the dude is now our elected official and I would like to remain confident that he can "clean out the swamp" as promised. Money isn't as big a motivator for him as it has been his predecessors. I'm sure he still wants to make more because who doesn't? But I am confident he won't be bought off by Saudi like Hitlary was confirmed to be. The fact that he took the time to make a statement about the 2nd amendment right now speaks volumes to me. I used to be a blithering ignorant moron when it came to politics until sandy happened. Then I started to study and pay close attention because it was at that point that it effected me personally (or threatened to). I was too young for the Clinton assault ban so I didn't really go through that like I am sure some of you had to. Point is I got educated and made a positive change. It's looking like he did too.

So I am putting my confidence in the man. Hell his opponent's cry baby, millennial, safe space supporters are throwing a temper tantrum and staging massive protests! Awesome! If those are the type of people that vote for Killary it's more icing on the cake that she didn't get into office. We dodged a cannon ball fellas. Celebrate a little.

By the way the cry babies are calling for harm to trump. They want his blood. Be vigilant. These people are violent. There is a viral video going around of a man being dragged out of his car and beaten half to death for sporting a trump sticker. Watch yourselves and continue to carry. This man was tag teamed by 3 men.
    Last edited by KameronTKelly; 11-10-2016 at 08:36 AM.
    M1P90, Kakashi66218 and Troublesx10 thanked this.
    "Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't let him do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policeman, bureaucrats, and politicians."

-Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith, Hope, 2001

What happens if the government seizes her CF account and she can't return it.

Be so silly she ends up just like her whistle blowers, geez, after all that covering up.

Almost hijacked the thread... Go 2a! Can't wait to purchase some cans from Jeremy if this comes to fruition.
    Last edited by Kakashi66218; 11-10-2016 at 09:00 AM. Reason: sorry for the derailment in support of more info.
    Troublesx10 and mjk1 thanked this.
    It's not the things I did that keep me up at night.. it's the things I didn't do, but could have done, that's what has me losing sleep. - Me

I support veteran owned businesses. They supported America. Thank you for your service.
    Joshua 24:15

We can only hope that he is able to have congress do what he wants, with respect to the 2A.
    Kakashi66218 and Troublesx10 thanked this.
    AMP PS90 trigger install:

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 FREEDOM!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links