28 Total Sheriff Announcements - as of 1/19 - Any More?

FN Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thanks Tree8Thanks

Thread: 28 Total Sheriff Announcements - as of 1/19 - Any More?

28 Total Sheriff Announcements - as of 1/19 - Any More?

28 Total Sheriff Announcements - as of 1/19 - Any More? Open Thread | Peace . Gold . Liberty

**Waiting for my sheriff in Horry County to follow lead~

Recent Sheriff announcements:
    1) Charleston County (South Carolina) Sheriff Al Cannon
    Those demanding harsher gun laws are “taking advantage of broken hearts” to push their agenda and restrict “a vital right” in the wake of the shooting massacre in Newtown, Conn.
    2) Linn County (Oregon) Sheriff Tim Mueller
    Will Not Enforce Unconstitutional Gun Laws.
    3) Larimer County (Colorado) Sheriff Justin Smith
    Won't enforce gun laws he considers unconstitutional.
    4) Crook County (Oregon) Sheriff Jim Hensley said Tuesday he sent the same letter to Vice President Joe Biden that was sent Monday by Linn County Sheriff Tim Mueller.
    MUST read letter: http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Letter+to+VP+Biden+01151...
    5) DOUGLAS COUNTY (Oregon) Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin:
    "I will NOT violate my constitutional oath!"
    6) Pine County (Minnesota) Sheriff Robin Cole
    Will Not Enforce Further Federal Gun Regulations.
    7) Madison County (Alabama) Sheriff Blake Dorning
    Gun Control Laws That Violate Constitution Won’t Be Enforced.
    Smith County (Texas) Sheriff Larry Smith "Will not enforce an unconstitutional law that takes away firearms from law abiding citizens."
    9) Martin County (Florida) Sheriff Bill Snyder
    "...can't support Federal gun rules."
    10) Fresno County (California) Sheriff Margaret Mims
    Will not enforce any gun control that she sees as unconstitutional, and won't infringe upon the right to bear arms:
    11) Jackson County (Kentucky) Sheriff Denny Peyman
    Won't enforce new gun laws he considers unconstitutional.
    12) Madison County, (Idaho) Sheriff Roy Klingler
    "I personally am sick and tired of the government putting regulations in place that affect our personal rights, our property rights and the Constitution," said Klingler.
    13) Livingston County, (Missouri) Sheriff Steve Cox
    "I personally and professionally believe there are many other useful ways to better help in educating and protecting our population then by dismantling the Constitution of the United States of America."
    14) Morgan County, Alabama Sheriff Ana Franklin
    15) Houston County, Alabama Sheriff Andy Hughes
    16) Gilmer County, Georgia Sheriff Stacy Nicholson
    17) Grant County, Oregon, Sheriff Glenn Palmer
    1 Coos County, Oregon Sheriff Craig Zanni
    19) Johnson County, Missouri Sheriff Charles Heiss
    20) Siskiyou County, Califorhia Sheriff Jon Lopey
    21) Humboldt County, Nevada Sheriff Ed Kilgpore
    22) Stanislaus County, California Sheriff Adam Christianson
    23) Grant County, Oregon Sheriff Glenn Palmer
    24) Lawrence County, Missouri Sheriff Brad DeLay
    If folks want to provide links I'll get em up.
    25) Scott Masher Yavapai County:
    "As Sheriff, I refuse to participate or cooperate with any unconstitutional order that will infringe upon our 2nd amendment rights."
    http://www.lvrangers.org/Home.html
    http://www.dailypaul.com/270998/yavapai-county-arizona-sheri...
    26 & 27) Sheriff Berry and Sheriff Bruce Hinsdale County
    http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/01/co-sheriff-i-will-protect-...
    2 Kieran Donahue, Chief Deputy Canyon County Sheriff
    Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2013/01/17/2416281/canyon-coun...
    http://www.idahostatesman.com/2013/01/17/2416281/canyon-coun...
    REMOVED) Curry County, (Oregon) Sheriff John Bishop
    “I’m not picking and choosing what laws to follow,” Bishop said. “I took an oath to uphold the Constitution. If any of the executive orders are approved by Congress, I will follow them.”
    REMOVED) Josephine County (Oregon) Sheriff Gil Gilbertson
    “A lot of sheriffs are now standing up and saying, ‘Follow the Constitution,’ ” said Josephine County Sheriff Gil Gilbertson
    wharfrat1940 thanked this.

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    Bay County Florida.

Frank McKeithen - Bay County Sheriff

In light of recent events and questions concerning gun ownership, I would like to let you know where I stand on this issue. Let me first say that I do not take guns away from law abiding citizens, nor would I support any action that proposes to limit our rights to gun ownership. As a hunter, sport shooter and gun owner, I firmly believe in the rights guaranteed to us by the Constitution. As the Sheriff of Bay County, I would strongly and actively oppose any legislation that infringes on our Second Amendment rights, as I have done on numerous issues in the past. I have taken an oath as Sheriff to support, protect and defend the Constitution, and fully intend to honor that commitment.
    theburren and Island thanked this.
    FS2000 Gen 1
    PS90-SBR Gen 2
    FiveseveN
    FN HP SFS
    FN Model 1905/1906
    (MM's #3860084010, #3860084030, #3810084020, #3480084020)

I hadn't realize the list had grown that large. Glad to hear it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

The Latest and Greatest in TactiCool gear won't save you, but what's wrong with Surviving in Style?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    My FFL is a deputy sher. here in Ohio. I asked him and he said they will walk off the job is forced to do it. No written statement has been made, but he was dead serious about it.
    Island thanked this.
    x
    x
    x
    x
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its learning how to dance in the rain.
    x
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig?

63 NO-HEDGE Sheriff Statements Regarding Your Rights - as of 1/21 - Any More? Open Thread

Submitted by vinceableworld on Fri, 01/18/2013 - 22:45in

Get your Sheriff to Support The Liberty Amendment!
    Reality Check: Most of these sheriffs support the "war on drugs" and are already beholden to the federal government. Why not lead in on the 2nd amendment question and then ask them where they get the powers to do drug raids? Where does it grant that in the constitution?
    1) Houston County (Alabama) Sheriff Andy Hughes
    "As Sheriff of Houston County it is my job to protect the constitutional rights of our citizens. The second amendment is a right, not a privilege and shall not be infringed upon. As long as I am Sheriff of Houston County, I will not allow anyone to seize any firearms from law abiding citizens within this county."
    2) Madison County (Alabama) Sheriff Blake Dorning
    Gun Control Laws That Violate Constitution Won’t Be Enforced.
    3) Scott Masher (Arizona) Yavapai County:
    "As Sheriff, I refuse to participate or cooperate with any unconstitutional order that will infringe upon our 2nd amendment rights."
    4) Fresno County (California) Sheriff Margaret Mims
    "We don't need any more laws. Laws only work on people who obey the law."
    5) Siskiyou County (California) Sheriff Jon Lopey
    Declared that he was "... sworn to defend America against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and it seems we have more enemies that are domestic these days... "
    6) Stanislaus County (California) Sheriff Adam Christianson
    "I refuse to take firearms from law abiding citizens and will not turn law abiding citizens into criminals by enforcing useless gun control legislation."
    7) El Dorado County (California) John D’Agostini
    “The purpose of this letter is to go on record of re-affirming my oath of office and making it clear that I and my staff will never violate [our oath of office] by being pressured into enforcing any unconstitutional provision, law or executive order.”
    Shasta County (California) Sheriff Tom Bosenko

9) Del Norte County (California) Sheriff Dean Wilson
    “I had spent a good part of my life enforcing the penal code, but not understanding my oath of office,” he told the audience. “I was ignorant and na´ve, but now I know of the assault against our people by the federal government.”
    10) Modoc County California) Sheriff Mike Poindexter

11) Larimer County (Colorado) Sheriff Justin Smith posted on CIAbook that he wouldn't allow unconstitutional proposals to stand.
    "The Colorado Sheriff occupies this independent office which is not a subservient department of county, state or federal government."
    12) Hinsdale County (Colorado) Sheriff Ronald Bruce
    “I Will Protect Constitutional Rights…With My Dying Breath”
    13) Martin County (Florida) Sheriff Bill Snyder
    "...can't support Federal gun rules."
    14) Oconee County (Georgia) Sheriff Scott Berry
    "I am 100 percent totally opposed to any type of knee jerk reaction where yet again this country tries to solve a problem by 'banning' inanimate objects because they may be used by the mentally ill for the purpose of harm."
    15) Gilmer County (Georgia) Sheriff Stacy Nicholson
    "I, along with a large number (which is growing daily) of Sheriffs across the state of Georgia as well as the entire United States, have no intention of following any orders of the federal government to perform any act which would be considered to be unlawful or a VIOLATION OF ANY PART OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OR THE CONSTITUTION OF THE STATE OF GEORGIA, nor will we permit it to be done if within our power to prevent it."
    16) Paulding County (Georgia) Sheriff Gary Gulledge
    “This sheriff will have no part in unarming law abiding citizens.”
    17) Cherokee County (Georgia) Sheriff Roger Garrison
    "will defend the 2nd Amendment against any infringements by the federal government and the Obama administration."
    1 Madison County (Idaho) Sheriff Roy Klingler
    "I personally am sick and tired of the government putting regulations in place that affect our personal rights, our property rights and the Constitution," said Klingler.
    19) Johnson County (Kansas) Sheriff Frank Denning
    The militia mentioned in the Second Amendment pertains to all able-bodied citizens capable of bearing arms. That is US! “to Keep and Bear arms” means, “to OWN and CARRY arms.”
    20) Jackson County (Kentucky) Sheriff Denny Peyman
    "American citizens already have given up too much power over guns..."
    21) Pine County (Minnesota) Sheriff Robin Cole
    Will Not Enforce Further Federal Gun Regulations.
    22) Livingston County (Missouri) Sheriff Steve Cox
    "I personally and professionally believe there are many other useful ways to better help in educating and protecting our population then by dismantling the Constitution of the United States of America."
    23) Lawrence County (Missouri) Sheriff Brad DeLay
    "I will most certainly urge my fellow Sheriffs in the State of Missouri and across this great nation to rise to the defense and aid of all Americans should the federal government attempt to enact any legislation, or executive order that impedes, erodes, or otherwise diminishes their constitutional right to keep and bear arms."
    24) Johnson County (Missouri) Sheriff Charles Heiss
    "I am absolutely 100 percent pro-Second Amendment. I will not and cannot tolerate an assault on the Second Amendment..."
    25) Grant County (Oregon) Sheriff Glenn Palmer
    “I will not tolerate nor will I tolerate any federal incursion within the external boundaries of Grant County, Oregon, where any type of gun control legislation aimed at disarming law-abiding citizens is the goal or objective,”
    26) Coos County (Oregon) Sheriff Craig Zanni
    "I have and will continue to uphold my Oath of Office including supporting the Second Amendment Rights of our citizens,"
    27) Crook County (Oregon) Sheriff Jim Hensley said Tuesday he sent the same letter to Vice President Joe Biden that was sent Monday by Linn County Sheriff Tim Mueller.
    2 Douglas County (Oregon) Sheriff John Hanlin
    "I will NOT violate my constitutional oath!"
    29) Linn County (Oregon) Sheriff Tim Mueller
    "We must not allow, nor shall we tolerate, the actions of criminals, no matter how heinous the crimes, to prompt politicians to enact laws that will infringe upon the liberties of responsible citizens who have broken no laws..."
    30) Malheur County (Oregon) Sheriff Brian Wolfe
    “I believe that the Constitution stands above all laws and executive orders of this Country. I want to be very clear that no one employed on our team at the Malheur County Sheriff’s Office will enforce or support any laws or executive orders that are not consistent with the Constitution of this great land.”
    31) Charleston County (South Carolina) Sheriff Al Cannon
    Those demanding harsher gun laws are “taking advantage of broken hearts” to push their agenda and restrict “a vital right” in the wake of the shooting massacre in Newtown, Conn.
    32) Spartanburg County (South Carolina) Sheriff Chuck Wright
    "I'm not going to confiscate weapons from people that are law-abiding citizens. I'm not doing it and I don't care what kind of orders come down."
    33) Berkeley County (South Carolina) Sheriff Wayne DeWitt
    “Quite simply, I am a firm supporter of the Second Amendment (the right to bear arms). In addition, I took the oath of office to support and comply with the Constitution of the United States of America of which the Second Amendment is attached.”
    34) Smith County (Texas) Sheriff Larry Smith "Will not enforce an unconstitutional law that takes away firearms from law abiding citizens."
    35 - 63) Utah Sheriff's Association
    We, like you, swore a solemn oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, and we are prepared to trade our lives for the preservation of its traditional interpretation.
    Following sheriffs FAILED the constitution test:
    FAIL!) Mendocino County (California) Sheriff Thomas Allman
    Rikess: Does that mean, you judge who has the right to carry a concealed weapon or not? Sheriff: Yeah.
    FAIL!) Morgan County (Alabama) Sheriff Ana Franklin
    Too bad SWAT shot a dog in december.
    FAIL!) Curry County, (Oregon) Sheriff John Bishop
    “I’m not picking and choosing what laws to follow,” Bishop said. “I took an oath to uphold the Constitution. If any of the executive orders are approved by Congress, I will follow them.”
    FAIL!) Josephine County (Oregon) Sheriff Gil Gilbertson
    “A lot of sheriffs are now standing up and saying, ‘Follow the Constitution,’ ” said Josephine County Sheriff Gil Gilbertson Give us MORE than that sheriff!
    FAIL!) Canyon County (Idaho) Sheriff Kieran Donahue,
    "I swore an oath to uphold the Constitution, enforce the law, and protect my community, and that’s what I’ll do."
    From Article: "The National Sheriffs’ Association has supported administration efforts to combat gun violence." <<< Sue these guys and this sheriff is sitting on the fence. Speaking up for political pressure only.
    FAIL!) Multnomah County (Washington) Sheriff Dan Stanton:
    "I support the rights of citizens granted by the Constitution, and have worked hard to ensure those rights are protected." Constitution DOES NOT grant rights!
    wharfrat1940 thanked this.

Delete Duplicate
    Last edited by theburren; 01-21-2013 at 07:28 PM.

What none from the Northeast?? What a shock....not

Hig
    Senior Member Bullseye Shooter Hig's Avatar
    Our Sheriff's didn't post up for the 2A....the whole state did.
    Don't mess with my Constitution. See, I swore an oath to protect it from all sorts of dishonest people and I'm real good at what I do. What's ironic is the people that are determined to undermine that document are the people who decided that I should have such a skillset to protect it....

Banned
    FN Supporter

Collin County, TX which borders Dallas CO. to the North. Sheriff Box released this statement yesterday.

In light of recent events I feel I need to make a public statement of my views on this subject. As the Sheriff of Collin County, Texas, I have for the past 28 years served to protect and keep safe all citizens of our county, recognizing the trust placed in me with this profoundly important responsibility.
    Unfortunately, the recent surge in the numbers of innocent victims who have died at the hands of unstable criminals has prompted politicians in Washington to seek to pass laws that would seriously erode the constitutional rights of innocent and law abiding citizens.
    Neither I, nor any of my deputies, will participate in the enforcement of laws that violate our precious constitutional rights, including our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.
    As long as I remain Sheriff of Collin County, I will not participate in the actions of misguided politicians who seek to impede our citizen’s right to all of the privileges afforded by our Constitution.
    Respectfully,
    Terry G. Box
    Sheriff, Collin County Texas

Here are (3) sheriffs in North Carolina - Wake Co. NC sheriff Donnie Harrison; Franklin Co. NC sheriff Jerry W. Jones; and Lee Co. NC sheriff Tacey L. Carter
    All have publicly stated they will support the 2nd Amendment and NC Constitution.

From WRAL.com website.. Wake sheriff: Responsible gun owners shouldn't worry :: WRAL.com

"As your sheriff, I took an oath to uphold the United States Constitution and the North Carolina State Constitution, meaning, as sheriff, I will stand by the Second Amendment that our forefathers made certain was a part of our Constitution," Sheriff Donnie Harrison.

"I, Sheriff Tracy L. Carter, will never by use of force or any other means confiscate any firearms possessed by law-abiding citizens of Lee County." Sheriff Trace L. Carter.

From the Franklin County Sheriff's Office of North Carolina Facebook page.. https://www.facebook.com/FranklinCou...04380459655247

“As the Sheriff of Franklin County North Carolina I, Jerry W Jones, will not participate in, nor enforce, any Unconstitutional Edicts, Orders or Laws handed down by any Government Body. As the highest ranking law enforcement officer within my jurisdiction I feel as though it is my duty to make this statement clear. No Law Abiding Citizen of Franklin County shall have their Constitutional Rights infringed upon. I have sworn an oath attesting to this statement and it will be honored at all times. I thank each and every one of you for your time and continued support of the Office of Sheriff.” Sheriff Jerry W Jones
    -Del
    THE Unrequited Shooter

Do you know the difference between justice and punishment......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links