Eastern States Sports and Outdoor Show Boycott

FN Forum

Eastern States Sports and Outdoor Show Boycott

The promoters of The Eastern States Sports and Outdoor Show in Harrisburg PA. decided to cave in to the anti 2nd Amendment crowd, and banned all vendors from selling 'assault rifles' and high capacity magazines at the February show, even though these products are still legal for sale in Pennsylvania. So far over 150 vendors have pulled out of the show in boycott including big names like Sturm Ruger, Smith & Wesson, Benelli, and Federal. I plan on showing my support of these companies and vendors by NOT attending this show (which is the largest in the Eastern U.S.) I hope all you folks that were planning to attend this show will rethink your plans to do so....let's send 'a message' ourselves!

Senior Member Bullseye Shooter
    couldn't agree more. I am originally from lancaster,pa
    when we don't spend money in large volumes it will send a message. good post

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    FS2000 Gen 1
    PS90-SBR Gen 2
    FiveseveN
    FN HP SFS
    FN Model 1905/1906
    (MM's #3860084010, #3860084030, #3810084020, #3480084020)

Senior Member Bullseye Shooter Airman's Avatar
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Im sure management is going to be thrilled sitting on the empty revenue from this "show" but then take comfort in their "principles."

What a bunch of ill-advised asshats.
    Yeah - go ahead a ban the most sought-after item on the firearms market from your show - that will show them.......
    MOLON LABE
    "come and take it"

There are enough Hunters in that area that if even 1% of them show up at the event, there will be a line out the door. I grew up hunting in central PA, and there are a ton of people there that are into shooting sports that do not see the need for semi-automatic guns. I have a dozen of them in my immediate family. The decision to not have "assault weapons" at the show will not impact their decision to go at all.

I agree with Cabelas that as a retailer that is paying for the space to be at the event, they need to maximize their sales to make it worth the cost to be there. By the promoter ignoring a fairly large part of the market is going to hurt the retailers more than it will hurt the attendance by normal folks. With the demand for "assault weapons" so high recently, I am sure that Cabelas and every other person/retailer that has a booth at the event will not have a problem selling them elsewhere. The problem is that if a high percentage of their sales was going to be those types of guns, it would make more business sense to not pay the cost per table for something you can sell without that additional expense.

Quote Originally Posted by kmiles View Post
    There are enough Hunters in that area that if even 1% of them show up at the event, there will be a line out the door. I grew up hunting in central PA, and there are a ton of people there that are into shooting sports that do not see the need for semi-automatic guns. I have a dozen of them in my immediate family. The decision to not have "assault weapons" at the show will not impact their decision to go at all.

I agree with Cabelas that as a retailer that is paying for the space to be at the event, they need to maximize their sales to make it worth the cost to be there. By the promoter ignoring a fairly large part of the market is going to hurt the retailers more than it will hurt the attendance by normal folks. With the demand for "assault weapons" so high recently, I am sure that Cabelas and every other person/retailer that has a booth at the event will not have a problem selling them elsewhere. The problem is that if a high percentage of their sales was going to be those types of guns, it would make more business sense to not pay the cost per table for something you can sell without that additional expense.
    As of today, every vendor from Lancaster County (gun shops, Taxidermists, hunting outfitters, etc.) that was supposed to be at the show has pulled out. Maybe the hunters are starting to come around to the fact that their interests are just as vulnerable as everyone's in this political climate.....

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    Duplicate thread.

Closed.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

Links