Ammo Shortage 2013, When will it end!!!?? - Page 2

FN Forum

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree62Thanks

Thread: Ammo Shortage 2013, When will it end!!!??

Senior Member KAC-SR-25-EMCARBINE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xslice View Post
    BTW it's "saltine" not "salteen" maybe a Freudian slip?
    Salteens are the generic brand of Saltines, for when the going gets really REALLY rough .
    Make no mistake my friend. It isn't the revenge I'm after, it's the reckoning.

Homo Qui Spectat Mortem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Youtube/Conspiritus 1-13, by: Xendrius. Full version available here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NWO, Secret Societies, and Biblical Prophecy Vol. 1., by Leonard Ulrich

The answer to your question is Tuesday.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeahawkDriver-R View Post
    This is getting OLD

I'm sick of everything being out of stock... STILL. I've been biding my time, patiently, waiting for stocks to replenish. Quite frankly I have a very hard time believing that "factories are running at 100% capacity".

BULL

That's a line that somebody heard, from someone else, from somebody else, that is completely qualitative. I'm sure that the normal ammo factories are running at their usual pace, or maybe plus 10% or something. But the idea that somewhere, someone "flipped a switch" and the country went into some sort of WW-II style production is a total myth, and there's nothing to back that idea up.

The idiots out there buying up crap at $1/round should have exhausted their supply of idiot money by now, and the idiots out there selling at $1/round should just about have enough cash to move out of their single-wide and into a nice 4-bedroom foreclosure that will house the rest of their blood-kin traveling gun show carnival crew that formerly worked the tea-cup ride.

Its MARCH and I can't find a decent box of plinker 5.56 to save my life, because every mall ninja, Rufio, and old retired bored 1911-toting paranoid guy on the planet is mortgaging their house in order to stash 50,000 rounds in their basement, because they have a Freudian fixation and childhood trauma that never got resolved, and a fantasy that either "zombies", or enough ammo that a dozen front-end loaders couldn't move, is actually going to save them when their two cartons of salteen crackers and a bottle of catsup runs out during the SHTF.

I agree with you. But, just think...in 9-12 months...we will all be able to buy this for pennies on the pennies. I really do believe that! Once these people realize that there is no legislation, no zombie invasion, no nothing...things will get a whole lot cheaper.

Senior Member Bullseye Shooter TheFlyingZephyr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeahawkDriver-R View Post
    This is getting OLD

I'm sick of everything being out of stock... STILL. I've been biding my time, patiently, waiting for stocks to replenish. Quite frankly I have a very hard time believing that "factories are running at 100% capacity".

BULL

That's a line that somebody heard, from someone else, from somebody else, that is completely qualitative. I'm sure that the normal ammo factories are running at their usual pace, or maybe plus 10% or something. But the idea that somewhere, someone "flipped a switch" and the country went into some sort of WW-II style production is a total myth, and there's nothing to back that idea up.

The idiots out there buying up crap at $1/round should have exhausted their supply of idiot money by now, and the idiots out there selling at $1/round should just about have enough cash to move out of their single-wide and into a nice 4-bedroom foreclosure that will house the rest of their blood-kin traveling gun show carnival crew that formerly worked the tea-cup ride.

Its MARCH and I can't find a decent box of plinker 5.56 to save my life, because every mall ninja, Rufio, and old retired bored 1911-toting paranoid guy on the planet is mortgaging their house in order to stash 50,000 rounds in their basement, because they have a Freudian fixation and childhood trauma that never got resolved, and a fantasy that either "zombies", or enough ammo that a dozen front-end loaders couldn't move, is actually going to save them when their two cartons of salteen crackers and a bottle of catsup runs out during the SHTF.
    i

Oh, come on Seahawk, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.
    "The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand

Senior Member FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS CDburner's Avatar

Ammo Shortage 2013, When will it end!!!??

Gonna be a long time

Ammo Shortage 2013, When will it end!!!??

All I want for Christmas is ...

Senior Member Mongo only pawn in game of life. MRBALLGAME's Avatar
    When Obama leaves office... if that ever happens... they will remove the llimit for presidency terms and maybe people will finally realize this **** is fixed! Does everyone know that the Obama administration let another country count out votes? The big picture is horrifying. So ya... leave me and my XX,000 rounds the hell alone! haha!

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

It’s interesting to watch the myriad of responses to the current economic stress that the firearms industry is experiencing.

Some seem to have to pass through the Kubler-Ross 5 Stages of Grief:

Denial – “Oh, this is just a blip on the radar and will pass once the immediate effects of the election pass”;
    Anger – “Damn low-IQ gougers and panic hoarders are just screwing things up for everyone else. If you’re paying a dollar a round for ammo I used to pay 40-cents for, then you’re just an idiot.”;
    Bargaining – “If I can just find someone who’s not exactly gouging and is willing to sell me ammo for close to pre-SHTF prices then I’ll be all over that!”
    Depression – “Why did I buy a firearm that I can’t even shoot? The damn thing is nothing but an expensive paperweight. This is never going to get better, I’m just going to sell the damn thing and be done with it.”
    And finally Acceptance…

There are those who either prepared by anticipating a downturn in the firearms economy and stocked up when the market was looser or are a bit more self reliant and have stocked up on bullets, primers, brass, and powder and have the flexibility to turn toward, or away from the whims of the commercial ammunition marketplace as it suits them.

Then there are those who have either a more diverse armory or a more diverse set of interests. Some have turned to taking pleasure from bows or crossbows. Some find the current blade industry quite exciting right now. Others are honing tactical skills that aren’t so heavily reliant on consumable or disposable components to facilitate training. Some have chosen to become more politically active, spreading the message and petitioning our leaders. While others are just spending more time with family, friends and/or loved ones, working harder at their jobs, helping out in their communities, or just trying to make their little corner of the world a little more honest, a little more clean, a little more responsible, or a little more free.

No matter what business you are in, excessive inventory equates to less profit margin. Raw materials or unsold finished goods both fit into this category.
    Each business owner plays a guessing game each week/month/year to decide how much of their finished goods they can sell... and order raw materials to produce the estimated amount of goods to fill all orders.

If they order too much raw material, then they are stuck with it until they can produce their products, ship out the product, then recoup $ to continue the cycle. In a hugely volatile market, fortunes can be lost by guessing incorrectly on the amount of future orders they will receive.

Imagine ordering a record high amount of raw materials for your company, then some new stupid law is passed, and you're stuck with the raw materials and can't make your product to get your investment back from sales.

The ammo manufacturers can ramp up production with newly hired employees, but they have to be ultra careful that the newby employees don't make a crappy product...which can destroy their reputation in their particular market.

IMHO-Ammo manufacturers are incrementally ramping up production while keeping a third eye on the goofy laws being passed.

From what I've heard, some huge orders were made at the recent producer/retailer shows. If a gun or ammo producer has orders in hand, then they can order raw materials and hire new employees with confidence.

Give it two months. No savy business executives are gonna leave record orders for guns and ammo unfilled for long.
    Powers and GULL thanked this.

Senior Member KIRK'S AWAY TEAM (blue shirt)
    Bottom line is that ammo will be short/expensive for at least 2 years. I last read that there are 12 billion rounds/week being produced and even with that production rate all ammo is spoken-for at least 9 months out...anytime a new state anti-gun bill gets introduced you can add to that time. Not to mention some states are facing ammo background checks and ammo tax laws so those people are buying now. The shortage in '08 is nothing compared to what's happening now. And just wait until Obama goes to the U.N. Small Arms Treaty this month to inquire into how he can ban all imported firearms, mags, and ammo into our country...and how he could cripple USA gun manufacturers by possibly not allowing them to export which many do.

If we want relief anytime soon we are going to have to vote with our gun rights being top priority at next year's mid-terms...then the market (and all of us) would relax a little if Republicans make gains.
    Blackrifles, Bama8x and GULL thanked this.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links