Your daily gun-related news in one thread - Page 109

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 109 of 111 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1107
Thanks Tree1875Thanks

Thread: Your daily gun-related news in one thread

Black Lives Matter Protestor Killed After Showing Up at Cop’s House Over Facebook Argument

http://tribunist.com/police/cop-kills-black-lives-matter-protestor-who-broke-into-his-home-to-continue-facebook-fight/?utm_source=MA

When Gebhard arrived at the officer’s house, he hurled a 50-pound concrete flower pot through the window and then forced his way into the house. The officer’s wife, mother-in-law and two kids managed to escape through a back window. Then the cop shot and killed Gebhard.
    Support Gunner and Macprowler thanked this.
    SCAR 17S FDE
    FS2000 OD Tactical
    FiveseveN IOM
    Desert Eagle MKI .357Mag
    DWM P08 Luger
    Beretta 21A
    SPAS-12

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    3rd rock from the sun - occasionally Florida
    Head of ATF on interview with CBS

I didn't see the interview, but this article from ammoland highlights a point.

Thomas Brandon, tells CBS SUNDAY MORNING that the agency’s job isn’t to take away firearms from people and that the agency is hampered by not having necessary technology

“It’s not to take people’s guns. It’s to, you know, regulate firearms that can be misused,” Brandon says of the ATF’s mission in an interview with Richard Schlesinger, to be broadcast
    Sunday, July 31 (9:00 AM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. “We’re a small agency with a big job.”

“I think we ought to get rid of the ATF,” says Wisconsin Congressman James Sensenbrenner. Sensenbrenner opposes the AFT having a searchable database of gun manufacturing and gun sales because it amounts to “de facto gun registration.”

Yet, Brandon says, not having the database hurts

“There’s a lot of things that don’t make sense in this town,” Brandon tells Schlesinger. “You know? And, so, yeah, would it be efficient and effective? Absolutely. Would the taxpayers benefit with public safety? Absolutely. Are we allowed to do it? No.”

Online article

The head of a government agency, who was himself connected to the Fast-Furious Fiasco, wants a database of all gun owners?? Why am I not surprised by this...

Last edited by Macprowler; 08-02-2016 at 05:54 AM.
    Lifetime NRA member
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

~Travel broadens the mind.~

Abracadabra! Gun Owners Reappear Like Magic!

I guess you can't always rely on people telling the truth about something personal to a stranger.

People who tell pollsters that they own guns: Now you see them, now you don’t. A new poll from Pew Research has found that 44 percent of American households own guns, up a whopping 29 percent from the figure reported in a poll conducted for the same organization two years ago.

Impressed by the incredible trend, the Washington Examiner reported, “more homes are reporting having a weapon inside,” while Bearing Arms said that the poll showed that there is “an increasing number of gun-owning households in the United States.”
    Big Muddy and Kakashi66218 thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ndment-rights/

Binderup and Suarez both challenged the federal ban on their possessing guns, and they just won this morning in the 3rd Circuit (Binderup v. Attorney General). But they won by the barest of margins (the vote was 8 to 7), and the majority opinion supporting their claims was itself split. Here’s a quick summary (necessarily an oversimplification, since the opinions are 174 pages long put together).
    Big Muddy thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    3rd rock from the sun - occasionally Florida
    Peoples Democratic Republic of New Jersey punishes high school student for 'Anti-gun-control' project.

According to the student, he left his USB drive in library, someone found it and poked through it. They found a project he had done AS A SCHOOL ASSIGNMENT against gun control, the previous year. Conveniently, that teacher doesn't remember giving the assignment. He was suspended from school and not allowed back unless he went through a psychiatric evaluation. Child services went to his house also. His mom has pulled him from school.

Unless he also had a list of 'People I want to kill' on his drive, this is @#%! outrageous.

Ammoland article

News interview with his mom
    M1P90 and Kakashi66218 thanked this.
    Lifetime NRA member
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

~Travel broadens the mind.~

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    akitainu, Smurky, Kakashi66218 and 2 others thanked this.

AMP PS90 trigger install:

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 FREEDOM!!!

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

UPS delivers assault rifle instead of toy airplane - CBS News

OCEANSIDE, N.Y. -- A New York couple was horrified when a UPS delivery they thought was a Christmas present turned out to be something else: an assault rifle.
    The husband of the family said they even drove around with the firearm after having the UPS deliveryman place the box in the trunk of their car, thinking it was the gift they ordered, CBS New York reports.
    Newsday reported that the husband, identified by the newspaper as Joel Berman, opened the keyboard-sized case in front of his wife and 6-year-old granddaughter Wednesday night in Oceanside, on Long Island. Instead of a toy plane they were buying for their friend’s son, they found a semi-automatic rifle, scope, stand, ammo clip and copies of an Arizona man’s driver’s license and concealed-weapons permit.
    They hustled their granddaughter out of the room and called police, who picked up the weapon.
    A spokesperson for UPS said in a statement that this was “a highly unusual incident” and that they are investigating,CBS New York reports.
    “UPS does accept shipment of certain firearms in our domestic U.S. system as long as the shipments comply with applicable law and are shipped in accordance with company policies,” the statement said. “These shipments must be between licensed manufacturers, dealers, distributors, collectors and exclude consumer shipments. UPS puts responsibility with the shippers of regulated goods to follow the requirements for labeling and specific packaging.”
    UPS said it is working with the couple to ensure the toy they ordered gets delivered in time for the holidays.

akitainu, LESTER, FS2KSTD and 2 others thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    akitainu, LESTER, Big Muddy and 1 others thanked this.

I swear it looks like a .50cal... Barrett perhaps? With all that included info, it was clearly an individual transfer to an FFL. One more reason I hate using UPS as I have had more problems with that shipping carrier than all others combined.
    akitainu, dank and Big Muddy thanked this.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Page 109 of 111 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 LastLast

Sponsored Links