FN Herstal Firearms banner

Obama is lying again

4K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  Kramer 
#1 ·
Sooooo....... Obama wants to take away the second amendment for ANYONE who visits certain websites. WOW!!! I don't think he realizes that he just said the Government can take away the second amendment because they feel like it. Why not take away the first amendment also... along with ALL the other amendments?!?!

Gun Shop Owner Stands to Challenge Obama on Second Amendment — Listen Closely to the President’s Response
Jun. 4, 2016 5:28pm Jason Howerton

President Barack Obama did his best to convince a gun owner that it is possible to enact “common sense” firearms laws without infringing on Americans’ Second Amendment rights. His remarks came during a PBS-hosted town hall meeting in Elkhart, Indiana, on Wednesday.

Following the “NewsHour” broadcast, Obama took a “few bonus questions” from the audience. Gun shop owner Doug Rhude challenged the president’s stance on the Second Amendment.

Rhude argued people found guilty in drunken driving accidents are held accountable, but access to cars is not restricted for the “good guys.” He then asked Obama why guns should be any different

“Why then do you and Hillary want to control and restrict and limit gun manufacturers, gun owners and responsible use of guns and ammunition to the rest of us, the good guys, instead of holding the bad guys accountable for their actions?” he pressed.

Obama said claims that he and other Democrats are “hellbent” on confiscating Americans’ guns just aren’t true.

“I just came from a meeting today in the situation room in which I’ve got people who we know have been on ISIL websites living here in the United States…and we’re allowed to put them on the no-fly list when it comes to airlines, but because of the National Rifle Association, I cannot prohibit those people from buying a gun,” Obama said.

He continued: “So sir, I just have to say respectfully, there is a way for us to have common sense gun laws. There is a way for us to make sure that lawful, responsible gun owners like yourself are able to use them for sporting, hunting, protecting yourself.”

But no progress can be made on the issue if every gun control proposal is viewed as some “tyrannical destruction of the Second Amendment.”

Watch the exchange below via PBS:

Gun Shop Owner Stands to Challenge Obama on Second Amendment ? Listen Closely to the President?s Response | Video | TheBlaze.com

See less See more
#4 ·
Obama said claims that he and other Democrats are “hellbent” on confiscating Americans’ guns just aren’t true
How many times have he and hillary mentioned "common sense' examples like the U.K. and Australia????? Everytime his lips move, he is lying.....

#6 ·
The thing is that they both cite extreme cases of violence to force their foot in the door and get the attention to convince people who don't realize their true intentions. They have a plan and intend to implement it one step at a time hoping to catch us off our guard. Showboating media reporters looking for a story and doing whatever it takes to make it sell and keep their name in the limelight will stop at nothing to gain attention and a paycheck. The NRA is our only hope!!! We also must be diligent and get the Democrats out of office as soon as possible!!!

#8 ·
I got in a huge debate with a friends wife after she posted this video on Facebook yesterday and commented "Well said". She is an Obama loving, anti-gun liberal from the word go and of course all her pals chimed in agreeing. I stated my case, defended my statements and pretty much shut them all up and she removed the post. Typical lib response... talk smack, get approached with a reasonable, calm rebuttal, then give up the fight and move on to more worthless arguments that can't be backed up with reason. SMFH

#10 · (Edited)
I had two friends post this on facebook as an example of an 'excellent answer' by the President, and I've been fuming over it. It was suggested that I 'calm down' my facebook responses.

The solution to Obama's dilemma is simple: arrest these known ISIS sympathizers, and convict them. Then they cannot buy guns, because they are in jail. Easy.

And if they have not broken any laws, then he sure as hell has no business denying them their constitutional rights, let alone depriving them of due process, or the right to defend themselves, or the right to a jury. What Obama is basically proposing is that he be allowed to deny people constitutional rights based only on their beliefs. This violates the First Amendment to free speech, the Second Amendment, the Fifth Amendment, and the Fourteenth Amendment both guaranteeing due process.

And this ass clown calls himself a constitutional scholar.

He is basically advocating that you don't get guns if you don't think like him. Sure, a heartwrenching example of people we don't like who don't think like us are those nassy people from ISIS, we hates ISISSSS. So any reasonable person would agree that ISIS should not get guns, wouldn't they. If they don't they must be unreasonable like the Nassy people fron NRA. We hates the NRA...... But once he has precedent, what's next? I don't support Israel's right to build in the occupied territories. Does that make me a Hamas sympathizer, and he can take my guns? What about Trump supporters? Trump is clearly a whack job, let's add Republicans to the no fly list.

I'll take it even a step further, the 'no fly' list is a secret list, with little oversight to avoid mistakes in adding people, and a nearly impossible job to get yourself removed, because they won't even tell you you are on the list. Senator Ted Kennedy was on the no fly list because some criminal once used the name 'Ted Kennedy' as an alias, so a sitting Senator was blocked from boarding and had to undergo additional security checks. And the airlines were not allowed to tell him why, because it is a secret list. Finally, Kennedy got in touch with then Secretary Ridge, and even then it took several weeks for a member of Congress to get their name off the list. With that kind of a screwed up list, of course it should not be used to deny someone their constitutional rights.

There are other funny stories about a woman who was denied boarding because her 2 year old was on the list, and in the bureaucracy, no one had the authority to override the list because a 2 year old was clearly a mistake.

Nelson Mandela was on the list, because he was a political activist.

Cat Stevens was on the list ....

No due process to get on it, no defined path to get yourself removed. Sounds like North Korea.

#13 ·
I almost guarantee she already has something ready, and she's just waiting for the next school/mass shooting to happen.

#12 · (Edited)
That's another one of my hot buttons.

Long rifles cause about 300 deaths per year, lets assume assault rifles are maybe 2/3 of all long rifles, or 200 per year? Regrettable? Sure. But not significant.

If we were really concerned about safety, rather than political ratings, we should be more concerned with:

Toasters - cause about 50% more deaths than assault rifles. 300 per year
Space heaters, cause about 2x more deaths than assault rifles. 400 per year
Swimming pools, cause about 2x to 4x more deaths than assault rifles. Statistics are not clear about pools versus non-boating drownings. 400 to 800 per year.
Baseball bats and hammers, cause about 3x more deaths than assault rifles, about 600 per year according to FBI statistics.
Bicycles, cause about 4x more deaths than assault rifles, about 700 per year.
Knives, cause about 8x more deaths than assault rifles, about 1,600 per year. Have you removed all knives from your home?
Texting and Driving, causes about 15x more deaths per year than assault weapons, about 3,000. And that nonsense isn't even illegal.
Drunk driving, about 50x more deaths than assault rifles. Over 10,000 per year according to the NHTSA in 2012.
Obesity, causes 1,500x more deaths than assault rifles, about 300,000 per year.
Tobacco, causes about 2,500x more deaths than assault rifles, about 500,000 per year. And who is working to outlaw tobacco? 2,500x as many. A school bus holds 50, so for every victim of Sandy Hook, there are 50 school busses of victims who died due to tobacco. 50 bus loads per person, and we are concerned with assault rifles? What a joke.

Bottom line: if it were really about safety of the population, there are lots more important subjects to work on. But if it is really about getting re-elected, then you need to focus on the hot button issues instead of the real issues. And that is why there was an assault weapons ban, not because any politician actually gave a damn about helping the public.

#14 ·
If we were really concerned about safety, rather than political ratings, we should be more concerned with:

Toasters - 300 per year
Space heaters, 400 per year
Swimming pools, 400 to 800 per year.
Baseball bats and hammers, about 600 .
Bicycles, 700 per year.
Knives, about 1,600 per year.
about 3,000.
Drunk driving, Over 10,000 .
Obesity, about 300,000 per year.
Tobacco, about 500,000 per year.

Tsk tsk tsk, there you go, trying to confuse liberals with FACTS!!

Unfortunately, when little Johnny stabs and kills a classmate, it is because little Johnny has emotional issues, not because the knife has an evil black plastic handle. And this will only get a couple hours on the 24 hr news. When little johnny gets killed by a drunk driver, only the local news will cover it in depth. The 24hr channels MIGHT give it 1 minute; more if it was a hollywood kid......

A few years ago, I remember one kid in the US stabbed a bunch of classmates. Does anyone remember the name of that school, or do they only remember Sandy Hook, because that is the only thing these lib-tards ever mention.
Those 2 girls that tried to stab and kill their friend because of some online horror story - again, emotionally damaged kids, not a bad evil knife.
China has had several instances of mentally unstable adults walking into village schools and killing children with knives. Other than online BBC.com, you won't read about it in the states; not worth endless commentaries and hours of high ratings/commercial spots.....

As usual with the liberal media its always the person's fault, unless a gun was involved....

#16 ·
A President of this country doesn't have the power to make law. The NRA doesn't have the power to prevent laws from being written or passed. Congress write laws, they pass laws, and the President signs them into effect or vetoes them. And in fact it is his job to veto any law that conflicts with the Constitution. If he fails at this, there is a vast multi-tier judicial system, with juries consisting of regular citizens to keep this in check.

The fact that people cannot grasp these very simply rules is mind boggling, but it apparently leads to utilitarian arguments for why a law should or shouldn't be passed to accomplish something. Instead this kind of talk should simply be met with an instant demand for amending the Constitution through the proper process. This country has done it before, it was even necessary in order to outlaw alcohol.

The only legal way to do any of what is being talked about here, is to propose, pass, and ratify a new amendment which puts severe restrictions on a handful of the existing amendments in the Bill of Rights. Not just on the 2nd, but also the 5th, 6th, and possibly the 1st and 4th as well.

So tell anyone proposing any of this to nut up or shut up. Don't lend credibility to their ideas by arguing with them in good faith :)

#22 ·
Obama has not said anything that was not a lie. He doesn't know how to not lie.

#24 ·
^^^ for the Facebook debates that a lot of us have seen, here's my method: especially when they suggest taking away all guns would make world peace or some hippie bullcrap,
I tell them, "okay when the king or queen (whoever is in office that day) sends down the order to 'turn them all in'-how many gangsters, rapists, criminals and aspiring mass-murderers are going to turn them in?"
"And when they come to pick up the ones that most of America won't turn in--are YOU going to volunteer to help with the door-kicking club? YOU better if you believe so strongly in this! (You won't be needing any guns to accomplish this task, obviously)
Then post a video of someone being attacked in a home invasion with no guns with the comment: yes if there were no guns you'd be all safe and there would be world peace; all good in Your safe place.
That usually shuts them up pretty good. In conversations I've prepared myself so well, I sound like friggin' Ted Cruz, laying philosophical and moral waste to their ridiculous utopian ideal.

I'd encourage all of you, though I'm sure most of us have experienced the same thing and do, to prepare for all these conversations, this literally is, the Good word of the Gospel, and yes there is a ton of scripture to support our position, and we must preach and preach until we open the eyes of every family member and friend and stranger-that is willing to listen. Our argument falls upon deaf ears sometimes...many times... But as the Lord said: "let him who has ears listen..."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.