FN Herstal Firearms banner

Daniel Defense fires Academy Sports for Moral Cowardice

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  SONYtec 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
My hats off to Marty Daniel for making such a bold decision. This sends the message to retailers that cower to public opinion. Reputable manufacturers that stand behind their products will not tolerate indecision,they make an awesome product and are proud Americans that show their pride in all that they do! This will have an temporary effect on DD's bottom line but who cares. Buyers will purchase from a seller that is not a coward that is not afraid to publicly display the products they sell!

#6 ·
That's pretty badass, and I'm proud of them for throwing the finger towards Academy. This is quite unfortunate as I used to enjoy shopping there, but I will no longer support a business that conducts this type of attitude. If I was in the market for a new rifle I would definitely support DD.

#7 ·
No,no,no.
--The best way to make a point to Academy is go there now that they abandoned sales of "Assault rifles" and product request those rifles, bottom line is the see the sale they lost while holding their Moral cowardice. Well, that's how I troll.

#9 ·
That's how to make these gun stores realize that we are in this fight together and them backing down to be p-c is giving fuel to their fire. Kudo's to DD and if I'm in the market for this style rifle you can bet I'll look at the DD for sure. More manufacturers need to step up and do the same.

#12 ·
Must remember to support this fine company.

Not sure how much this will cost DD. I hope all the good press and word of mouth they get will more than make up for it.

When I was looking for a Factory SBR, I almost went with DD. I wish I was still in the market for one!

#13 ·
Good for them.

They won't lose much. If the store is not displaying your product for everyone to see, some folks won't know it exists. People wouldn't be able to impulse buy.

Why should I have to ask for anything/everything I might be interested in???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.