FN Herstal Firearms banner

Gun-control votes in the Senate today

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  SONYtec 
#1 ·
Gun-control votes are scheduled for this week, most likely later today.

Please call (be polite and courteous) both your US Senators to register your opposition, and also send messages with the links below:

GOA: Keep the Pressure on Your Senators
NRA: Your Action is Needed Now!

Make sure you invoke your concerns about due process and the 5th Amendment, not just 2nd Amendment rights.

#2 ·

Feinstein Made Her Gun Control Bill Even Worse

The Senate, reacting to last week's massacre at an Orlando nightclub, will soon consider three different proposals aimed at preventing suspected terrorists from buying guns. The most constitutionally offensive is an amendment from Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), while the least problematic is a bill sponsored by Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), which would require that the Justice Department have enough evidence to support a terrorism charge if it wanted to block a firearm purchase longer than three days. The third proposal, from Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), tries to split the difference between the Feinstein and Cornyn bills.

#8 ·
Toomey has offices in a bunch of places in PA, you can call any of those if you can't get to his office in DC.

Also call Casey. You know how he'll vote, but all the calls, letters, emails, etc. will be recorded. If he thinks a majority of his constituents are against this he will have a sense of how his next election may go. Maybe it will affect some of his votes for the remainder of his term.

#9 ·
I took MDs suggestion and modified the NRA message, here is what I sent:

As a voter and your constituent, I am writing to urge you to oppose any new gun control laws. Specifically, I would ask that you oppose the Feinstein and Murphy amendments that will be voted on tonight, and any other gun control proposals that might be considered in the wake of the terrorist attack in Orlando.

While the tragedy in Orlando is horrific​, this terrorist attack is being used as an excuse to pass and promote the gun control agenda. Nobody wants terrorists to get guns but this knee-jerk reaction will only infringe on the ability of law-abiding citizens to exercise their right to self-defense.

As strong as I believe this legislation is an infringement on the Second Amendment the eroding of Fifth Amendment protections from the Federal Government is as much of a concern.

Once again, please vote against the Feinstein and Murphy amendments and any other gun control proposals that may be considered.

Thanks for listening and I await your response on this important issue. ​​

#15 ·
Did both. :?

Reactions: monsterdog
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.