Saw one yesterday at local gun store. Picked it up - $425. Put my money on the table and went home.
Please consider that this is a personal opinion - however - after 30 years of handling guns, I think I have a pretty good opinion on what is/is not good quality.
I own a PPK/S .380 made by S&W - and that gun is perfect. All SS, machined, sharp edges - just they way I like a PPK.
1. Almost non-existent trigger reset. Better than a stock 1911.
2. Comes threaded.
3. Nice German eagle laser etching.
4. Made in Germany.
Now The bad:
1. It has nothing to do with SS. The whole gun and parts are MIM.
2. The finish is some sort of baked on paint at worst - cheap imitation hard chrome at best.
3. Double action trigger is about 100lb
4. Slide to frame fit is - as you would expect from cast/mim parts - gross.
5. Plastic front sight.
6. Almost as cheaply made as an airsoft replica.
7. Slide milling marks (as pictured on Walther web site) are just for looks. It's all MIM.
1. DO take every gun apart before purchase - no matter what the salesman says. I'm never buying another gun without first doing due diligence - even when new.
2. DO NOT believe manufacturers literature verbatim. This gun may be SS - but poured/cast - cheap SS.
3. At $425.00 - I was expecting German milled precision. I bought a new PPK/S at that coin - I expected this gun to be the same. WRONG!
4. Germans are capable of manufacturing junk - much like China, so if you are expecting a SS PPK/S in .22 just like your .380 - you may be disappointed.
This gun is worth maybe $200.00. At that price point, I would be willing to overlook the cheesy materials/fit & finish.
And finally - gun store took the gun back the same day without any $$$ loss to me - save for the gas and time.