Do Space Aliens Have the Balls for a Full-Scale Invasion ? - Page 3

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Thanks Tree72Thanks

Thread: Do Space Aliens Have the Balls for a Full-Scale Invasion ?

Quote Originally Posted by macman1138 View Post
    I doubt that for several reasons and beside...too many of us have a high fat content!
    got my wondering too, they are only here for intergalactic brunch. huh.

Cool

Ok I'll be serious. With a little bit of silliness mixed in for good measure.

Let's say they are super technologically advanced, can fold space and or time at any point in their existence, why expend xx amount of bombs/energy/effort invading when a jump to the past-- beginning of man and just stomp the amoeba we supposedly start from orbit, (everyone knows) it's the only way to be sure. Because they can't and won't because they don't exist (because we already nuked them A long time ago in a galaxy far far away). Seems like the most logical course of action to me if they did exist and bent on invading. Maybe we are lambs led to the slaughter, dunno?

Thank God for the Prime directive.
    Last edited by Kakashi66218; 03-13-2017 at 06:37 PM.
    It's not the things I did that keep me up at night.. it's the things I didn't do, but could have done, that's what has me losing sleep. - Me

I support veteran owned businesses. They supported America. Thank you for your service.
    Joshua 24:15

Quote Originally Posted by reuzentaket View Post
    i think we will be a little more tougher than that, this the who world against alien, China, Russia, US, N/S Korea, UK, France.....
    Ummm, nope. All the kings of the world = zip when you start dealing with forces like these. I'm 35 years out of aerospace engineering but for anyone interested in doing the math, here's a fun little frog-alien thought experiment to give us apes a sense of orbital mechanics and physics versus our current capabilities.

Your a pissed off frog alien who just travelled 35 light years on a contract to rid your evil alien corporate client of an otherwise harmless race of cave dwellers who've been clogging said aliens RF frequencies of late. On the way into our gravity well, froggie does a quick search, sees limited and archaic orbital infrastructure so decides to save itself a few galstar credits and do this quick and cheap.

Froggie happens by a small asteroid that's on the ecliptic right on his way - happens to be the asteroid Ida (#243 - tiny guy that weighs in at 1,000 ^15 KG and lies 400 Million clicks from earth). Froggie stopped by the alien equivalent of ridda-critter before it left and picked up a tiny guidance and thrust package (quaint compared to what it took to power his ship across 35 lights years) and he places the package on Ida's surface. This unit pulls Ida out of its orbit and starts it tracking toward our noisy blue ball at a very conservative 0.1 G constant acceleration over the course of its 400 million km journey to earth.

My math's not that sharp anymore but upon impact, you're talking an energy release of deep into the gigaton range and perhaps petaton - basically a crust / atmosphere ripping extinction level event for the price of a cheap ( to aliens) drive / navigation unit. Lights out, no heroic Independence Day victory, no Bruce Willis late save. Just a totally different energy scale when you start talking interstellar. As an aside, Frog-aliens don't have balls, they have rocks so the ops original assertion is actually true. Kirk signing off now

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

or maybe if they can do all of those things, there might not be a reason to expend the resources and time to eradicate an entire planet. kind of the same reason why we don't go through and carpet bomb a forest filled with gorillas. not gonna say there's aliens all around, are that there aren't any at all, just that there might not be a need to do anything to us.
    "It seemed like a good idea at the time"

Quote Originally Posted by dead-eye-Willy View Post
    or maybe if they can do all of those things, there might not be a reason to expend the resources and time to eradicate an entire planet. kind of the same reason why we don't go through and carpet bomb a forest filled with gorillas. not gonna say there's aliens all around, are that there aren't any at all, just that there might not be a need to do anything to us.
    i personally think you're right dead-eye. Generally, any civilization who lasts long enough to do what I described needs to be relatively stable and probably somewhat benign - else they wouldn't have made it to that point in their evolution in the first place. But since this little thought experiment was about cohones and invasions, I went there. Who knows, somewhere in Africa, there may be a gorilla who is chatting up his primate buddies about the fact that humans don't have the balls to invade his jungle
    reuzentaket thanked this.

A civilization that can cross interstellar distances to get here could wage warfare in ways that are beyond our understanding if they wanted us gone. We wouldn't stand a chance. However, Earth isn't that special; nothing here can't be found in abundance throughout the Universe except Papa John's.
    i agree with you in some ways, our atmosphere might not be conducive for them.
    macman1138 thanked this.

they might have to tera-form the earth like general zod wanted to.

If you ever listen to the brain trust of this planet they will unanimously tell/warn us that it would NOT be in our best interest to draw the attention of "other worldly beings". Having the ability to travel intergalactically and doing so is generally considered to mean one of two things, either warrior/conqueror types or nomadic types. In either case our spinning marble is more a gas station w/C-store than anything else. Earth has valuable raw resources the likes of which are known to be spread throughout the universe there is also a plentiful "workforce" aka Humans. I for one believe SETI should exist but only in the capacity of passive reconnaissance/surveillance, similar to a moth drawn to a beacon of light what moth/s comes from the night's sky might not be all that friendly, just sayin'.... YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by reuzentaket View Post
    TBH i didn't get that food?
    I doubt that for several reasons and beside...too many of us have a high fat content!
    Μολὼν λάβε

The Universe is really, really big. There is nothing here that can't be found in abundance in countless other places.
    An advanced civilization would not need Humans for a workforce or food source.
    LESTER thanked this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links