FN Herstal Firearms banner

Do Space Aliens Have the Balls for a Full-Scale Invasion ?

5K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  Smurky 
#1 ·
Given that they've been abducting people, chopping up livestock, turning off our most advanced weaponry, and giving out Elerium 115 enemas for decades, the lack of full scale invasion shows, to me anyway, they aren't willing to put their money where their tentacles are.

So, while humans are intent on building better weapons, along with more advanced interplanetary craft, the Space Aliens seem content just playing the role of intergalactic butt-probers.

What say you?

#4 ·
The abductions are not Aliens.... They're hot tiny naked ladies... And nipples... With wings... fairies

#10 ·
I suspect many of us are Science Fiction Buffs so we are enjoying this topic. I personally believe that it is unlikely this 3rd rock from the Sun is the only planet in all of the universes out there that hold life forms - "aliens." I also believe any "aliens" capable of true space travel would be more advanced than we humans. Therefore, any such group of "Aliens" would probably not have a great fear of attacking earth. Just saying!

#11 ·
Not sure I can address alien butt hole surfers or tiny naked ladies with wings but the 411 on relative technological advantage should tell anyone with a 5th grade education or a single season of Star Trek under their belts that any blood sucking frog-like being that can pull off interstellar travel is smart enough to sit in the high orbitals and drop dumb rocks on the hairy ape-like locals (us) until we (a) surrender and begin sending our nubile vestal virgins up to them for sacrifice or more probing or (b) perish from this earth fast and hard despite the fact we possess an obviously modern, kick-ass chemical reaction slug hurler also known as the SCAR. Just keepin it real - um, never mind.

#12 ·
I'll side with the two previous posts, with what is known about intergalactic space travel, we "advanced" earthlings are mere knuckle draggin' neanderthals to those who would occupy such a craft. While I most certainly believe we are not alone in this ever expanding universe, I also have to conclude that those who may visit our planetary marble are looking for.....food.

#14 ·
A civilization that can cross interstellar distances to get here could wage warfare in ways that are beyond our understanding if they wanted us gone. We wouldn't stand a chance. However, Earth isn't that special; nothing here can't be found in abundance throughout the Universe except Papa John's.

#18 ·
what in the literal hell did I just read through, o well, reminds me of a joke.

Two Aliens land in Detroit, next to a Gas station. The Aliens waddle out of their ship and look around. The first thing they see that resembles a being is the Gas pump. The two Aliens approach.
The first one says "Earthling take me to your leader!"
He gets no response.
The first Alien looks at his buddy then addresses the pump again. "Earthling, I said Take me to your leader!"
Still no response.
The first Alien then turns to the second and says, "If this Earthling doesn't show me some respect I'm going to blast him!"
The second Alien replies "O.K. but, I'm just going to stand down on the next block."
The first Alien looks a little puzzled, but waits for the other to waddle to the next block. He then addresses pump a third time.
"Earthling take me to your leader!"
No response.
The Alien then pulls out his ray-gun and shoots the pump. After the explosion the Alien gets up, dusts himself off then goes down the block to his buddy.
He then says to the second Alien "If you knew that was going to happen why didn't you warn me?"
The second replies "I didn't know what was going to happen, but I'm not going to mess with anyone who can hang his penis to the ground, wrap it around his body twice, and can still stick it in his ear!"

#22 · (Edited)
Ok I'll be serious. With a little bit of silliness mixed in for good measure.

Let's say they are super technologically advanced, can fold space and or time at any point in their existence, why expend xx amount of bombs/energy/effort invading when a jump to the past-- beginning of man and just stomp the amoeba we supposedly start from orbit, (everyone knows) it's the only way to be sure. Because they can't and won't because they don't exist (because we already nuked them A long time ago in a galaxy far far away). Seems like the most logical course of action to me if they did exist and bent on invading. Maybe we are lambs led to the slaughter, dunno?

Thank God for the Prime directive.

#24 ·
or maybe if they can do all of those things, there might not be a reason to expend the resources and time to eradicate an entire planet. kind of the same reason why we don't go through and carpet bomb a forest filled with gorillas. not gonna say there's aliens all around, are that there aren't any at all, just that there might not be a need to do anything to us.

#25 ·
i personally think you're right dead-eye. Generally, any civilization who lasts long enough to do what I described needs to be relatively stable and probably somewhat benign - else they wouldn't have made it to that point in their evolution in the first place. But since this little thought experiment was about cohones and invasions, I went there. Who knows, somewhere in Africa, there may be a gorilla who is chatting up his primate buddies about the fact that humans don't have the balls to invade his jungle ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.