Surefire FAL Socom Flash Hider

FN Forum

Google Search
Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By Jeremy M.

Thread: Surefire FAL Socom Flash Hider

Surefire FAL Socom Flash Hider

Been searching for these for a while with no luck but recently got notice that a year old Optics Planet order was in stock. About same time several showed up on GB and I got one not confident given the back and forth w/ OP. So naturally ended up w/ four of them and not a one will thread on any FAL barrel I've got. Anyone else get some recently and have problems? Aren't they supposed to be 9/12x24 LH?

These flash suppressors have caught my interest also. Sorry to hear you are having trouble. The FAL muzzle with the combination device is threaded 9/16X24 LH. Have you contacted the company ?

Returned 3 from Optics Planet but still have one w/ boogered up threads I'm hoping to salvage. Hate calling mfgs because it usually ends up a big waste of time. Was hoping someone here might have some insight as I haven't been on the FALfiles for many years. Looks like there's a couple on GB now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I think I have tap & die for FAL threads if anyone needs to borrow them.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    I have 10 of the Surefire FAL Flash hiders in stock. If any of my FN brethren need them give me a call.
    macman1138 thanked this.
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    /
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    /

512-931-4556

I've got a 9/16x24L tap but haven't had time to try to clean up threads on FH. The four I got came from two different sources but they surely had to all be from a recent production run. All barrels I tried had clean threads and no problem screwing on other devices w/ 9/16x24L threads. Jeremy - I know yours are new stock but it shouldn't harm anything to try threading a couple on. Might save you some headaches down the road.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    These are New Old Stock. So I don't know. I bet I have had them here for 3+ years.
    Silencer Shop
    Stocking distributor for AAC, Bowers, Gemtech, Griffin Armament, Knight's Armament, Rugged Suppressors, SIG SAUER Silencers, SureFire, Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Thunder Beast Arms, Yankee Hill Machine

/
    /

512-931-4556

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy M. View Post
    These are New Old Stock. So I don't know. I bet I have had them here for 3+ years.
    Thanks, I'll probably try one of your older ones.

Sponsored Links