Fal Parts kit. Not sure of what type - Page 2

FN Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redleg
    The FN STANAG scope mounts have vision ports in each post of the base and allows enployment of the iron sights up to 600 meters.
    Cool
    -Dan

"I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker."
    Voltaire

Very nice redleg. My first was a G1 from Tapco. $89 for the kit & IIRC $179 for the DCI/FAC type 1 upper. FSE HTS, Century plastic G1 style handguards & Ironwood buttstock & PG for compliance. Only needed 6 US parts since the G1s came with a bare muzzle. I think I had around $350 invested in the whole rifle. Those days are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by TNBandit
    Very nice redleg. My first was a G1 from Tapco. $89 for the kit & IIRC $179 for the DCI/FAC type 1 upper. FSE HTS, Century plastic G1 style handguards & Ironwood buttstock & PG for compliance. Only needed 6 US parts since the G1s came with a bare muzzle. I think I had around $350 invested in the whole rifle. Those days are gone.
    I believe TAPCO also made gas pistons. In this G1 the receiver, gas piston, pistol grip, carry handle, cocking slide, HTS group, magazine follower, spring and mag base are US made.
    "My only fear is that the Zulu will not fight"
    - Lieutenant-General Lord Chelmsford.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Yep I have Tapco pistons in a couple I built. Carry handle & mag springs don't count since they're not on the "evil parts" list but you still have plenty. Sadly quite a few of the companies that made compliance parts don't anymore. FSE isn't making HTS sets, Tapco is selling Tupperware parts for AR15s & AKs, Penguin dosn't make furniture anymore etc. Mag followers aren't being made by Falcon anymore (floorplates still are I believe) but since DSA is selling US made mags maybe they will sell US mag parts seperately ? As the last of the FAL kits dry up it will be increasingly more difficult to buy US parts unless you get them from DSA and their stuff lately has had QC issues.

kck
    DSA has receivers on sale now for $310. I am building a G1 with a receiver I got during the sale. No problems with barrel timing. But the locking shoulders on the new DSA receivers seem to all be on the small side. Mine needs a .251 shoulder. But it is fun to build.

Banned FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS
    Anyone check out Ironwood Customs regarding American wood furniture?

Quote Originally Posted by kck
    DSA has receivers on sale now for $310. I am building a G1 with a receiver I got during the sale. No problems with barrel timing. But the locking shoulders on the new DSA receivers seem to all be on the small side. Mine needs a .251 shoulder. But it is fun to build.
    They are also offering a special deal where you can send them your bolt and if you buy the reciever & barrel from them they will install the barrel & do the headspacing for you for an additional charge. It's a good option for guys who don't have the knowledge or the proper tools to do these procedures. Ironwood makes nice wood furniture. There's also a guy named Blue Monster on the falfiles that makes wood furniture to order. It's more money but each piece is made by hand & you have your choice of wood, style of buttstock, etc. He even makes type A buttstocks for those guys building German BGS kits. He dosn't offer handguards though as far as I can remember.

I wouldn't be surprised if DSA has the .251 locking shoulder inventory cornered on the market.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by MedicalShooter
    Anyone check out Ironwood Customs regarding American wood furniture?
    Ironwood Design and Old South both make metric and inch wood which is most likely the closest to FN metric and SLR inch specifications I have seen in years. I have purchased & employed handguards from both companies.
    May I add Blue Monster makes custom buttstocks & pistol grips from real European walnut and Beech.
    I haven't purchased any stocks as I like my own handywork.

Happy Holidays...

Where are you finding the $310 price at? I see one for around 400 on there site.

Now also with the locking shoulders whats the OEM thickness? Please define what you mean when you say locking shoulder? I really dont much about the FAL. Trying to learn more Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links