Collapsible/Folding Front Sight? - Page 4

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thanks Tree43Thanks

Thread: Collapsible/Folding Front Sight?

Quote Originally Posted by SeaMac View Post
    Not trying or wanting to sound arrogant or rude but considering your initial inquiry followed by the above reply you have never been in a gun (pistol) battle. I can speak for myself and believe I can for JHS although uncertain regarding HK, we have used pistols when it mattered most and life was on the line be it ours or others, I in combat and JHS as a LEO and you received valid responses to your OP but you do what you feel suits you best. Conventional wisdom has changed over the years in doing so many good guys and gals lives have been saved. Case in point it has since been proven the old tried and true Weaver stance cannot compare to the ISO in combat or high stress scenarios in either mobility, flexibility, accuracy and follow-up shot. Similarly carrying on/in a vest or under the shoulder has since been replaced with a 3 or 9 O'clock carry -dominant hand dependent of course- either OWB/IWB or tactical/thigh carry. Things in life that change relating to combat are not done without cost, study and sacrifice prior to but again do what's best for you.
    Considering, that tenths (or even hundredths) of a second can matter in a gunfight you don't want to have to deploy a front sight. In the same vein, that's why I never would consider an Eotech on my patrol rifle, they shut off after four hours. Every since the Aimpoint T-1 came out I've ran it and NEVER shut it off. The battery is good for five years, I replace it every New Years Day.

A properly designed holster will not be an issue with the standard FiveseveN front sight. If nothing else, Elite Ammunition offers a shorter front sight.

Oh, BTW. I shoot Chapman Modified Weaver. Why? After shooting the same stance for several decades you don't change because under stress you are going to revert to your training. (And even for an old fart, I'm pretty damn fast)
    CharlieW thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuitSS View Post
    Considering, that tenths (or even hundredths) of a second can matter in a gunfight you don't want to have to deploy a front sight. In the same vein, that's why I never would consider an Eotech on my patrol rifle, they shut off after four hours. Every since the Aimpoint T-1 came out I've ran it and NEVER shut it off. The battery is good for five years, I replace it every New Years Day.

A properly designed holster will not be an issue with the standard FiveseveN front sight. If nothing else, Elite Ammunition offers a shorter front sight.

Oh, BTW. I shoot Chapman Modified Weaver. Why? After shooting the same stance for several decades you don't change because under stress you are going to revert to your training. (And even for an old fart, I'm pretty damn fast)
    Thanks for adding your perspective. As I've written a bunch of times in this thread, I have made no decisions. I am genuinely interested in the various perspectives. Yeah, I know, it's the Internet and we're supposed to yell at each other, but we are all gunners and we are on the same side. People are giving me a whole lot to think about, and I thank everyone who's been posting. In the end, I am a free American and I am the captain of my own ship. I will decide for myself, as is my right. But I asked, and people are answering, and I am listening.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links