FN Trigger - Page 4

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thanks Tree17Thanks

Thread: FN Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by marathonrunner View Post
    YIKES! I LOOKED ELITE AMMUNITION UP AND SOMEONE WROTE A VERY NASTY ARTICLE ABOUT THEM. I WAS GOING TO CONSIDER THEIR FLAT FACE TRIGGER BUT NOT AFTER READING THIS
    Ripoff Report | Elite Ammunition Complaint Review Internet
    This is their ex partner who was a pathological liar. Claimed he held various degrees, and made claims of having done things that after someone finally investigated him, discovered most of it was false. Dude's been in and out of jail multiple times since he posted that years ago.
    PursuitSS and Smurky thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by Qontry View Post
    I won't bother to copy / repeat response from Harrishmasher but sincerely respect and wish I had the privilege of enjoying his Five-seveN trigger experiences. By the way, I did not know there was ... or is ... a MKIII model as he conveys he owns.

But I have experience in not only competitive shooting for more than 20 years, and also work with the S&W Performance Center in collaboration with one of their foremost dealer / gunsmiths in the USA and also a close relationship with Kimber. While I love the Five-seveN platform, we mutually concur that the triggers on my two MKII Five-seveNs are "provocatively" terrible. Yes, I have no problem ... even with the terrible triggers ... matching the 10 yard groupings (BTW 25' isn't 10 yards). Frankly, as a practiced shooter, this is not hard to perform with many, even semi-decent commercial handguns at 10 yards (let alone 25'). My / our criticism is pursuant the unpredictable trigger performance ... particularly with sometimes multi- ... sometimes singular ... sometimes nil ... creep. With all due respect ...
    I completely agree with this post and mine is 6.23lb and not all that great. I have looked at aftermarket triggers but they require fitting and I do not trust myself or even a gunsmith to work on a single action only trigger. I have heard some owners had triggers that was as high as a 9lb trigger pull yikes! this is why I am reluctant to buy online store because you cannot try out the trigger before you buy it

What is your issue with single action triggers?

I have Colt 1911's that have 3.5 lb trigger jobs that are probably older than you are and have NEVER had an issue. Trigger jobs like many other things are only as good as the person doing the work.

There are many single action pistols that have had safe, reliable trigger jobs performed on them, one concern is when someone is trying to get a ridiculous, low trigger pull weight (sub 3 lbs.)

An Officer I worked with carried a Jerry Moran Colt Python (Moran Python's were famous for their RELIABLE 6.5 lb double action trigger and 1.5 lb single action trigger pull).

On the other hand you have Bill Springfield who was famous for his AR-15 trigger jobs.....except after awhile they tended to go full auto. The trigger on an AR-15 is surface hardened.

The most important thing is to...

1. - Find a gunsmith that KNOWS the weapon throughly and has performed quite a few trigger jobs on said weapon.

2. - The gunsmith must have a track record of performing a reliable, lasting trigger job on said weapon.

I have no concerns having Jay of Elite Ammunition doing a trigger job on my FiveseveN pistol, and my FiveseveN isn't a "range toy". I trust my life to it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

If you go by one bad review you will NEVER have any custom work done on a firearm.

The "review" as has been reported was a former partner in Elite Ammunition who had an axe to grind.

I'm sure if you dig far enough you can find bad reviews on the work of

Armand Swenson

Richard Heinie

Ron Power

If you don't know who those people are/were, they were considered the finest pistolsmiths of their day on their respective platforms!
    redwards thanked this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links