Elite Ammunition?

FN Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Thanks Tree8Thanks

Thread: Elite Ammunition?

Elite Ammunition?

What are your opinions on Elite Ammunition's products? Specifically their ammo. Looks interesting.

There's already quite a few threads on here in regards to their ammunition. They're about the only ones around who offer trigger work for the FSN, not to mention a 5.7x28mm case gauge.

On the ammunition side, you'll get varying opinions on that matter. Obviously since it's not factory FN ammunition, if you have an issue, FN, will most likely void your warranty..

With that being said, I've shot quite a bit of their ammunition, and documented a lot of it as non-scientific testing. I haven't had a single issue. I really like their Protector loading, along with the S4M, and their T6 round.
    Last edited by Buffman; 05-07-2012 at 01:06 AM.

ut-oh!

I use EA Ammunition for my self-defensse ammo, and only use the197 for practice.
    I like their Protector and Penetrator.
    2ndAMVa

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by shatnerglass View Post
    What are your opinions on Elite Ammunition's products? Specifically their ammo. Looks interesting.
    Here we go again.

HK SD9 Tactical thanked this.

Banned CAN KILL GOATS WITH HIS MIND
    Search for Elite Ammunition and read all the threads. After that you'll understand the "Here we go again" replies to your post.

That said, to answer your question, we're quite happy with Elite's product. We've cycled over 1K rounds of EA 5.7x28 ammo with no failures. Checking the barrel and extractor for signs of wear or stress using a comparison microscope has revealed nothing different than the same round count using SS197 and SS192 in another pistol. Aside from wear and tear, obviously the performance between EA's line and SS197 are drastically different. EA has two varmit rounds in addition to self defense rounds. Any round is better than no round. Qualifier stated, the self defense lines produced by EA offer much better ballistics than SS197. In addition, in our testing, the EA lines have been more consistent with respect to fps than SS197.

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    I have never had a problem with the ss197 ammo so I will stick with it. With that said, a few others have used EA and have been happy with it also. I am a cheap bastard and will continue to use ss197 I do wish more companies would make the ss197 as competition would help get prices down(as long as it is quality stuff)
    x
    x
    x
    x
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its learning how to dance in the rain.
    x
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig?

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    You can do a quick search and get more than 2, 3 or 4 pages of threads concerning them depending on your search criteria.

Some people swear by it and some prefer to stay with the "standard" offerings from FN sanctioned ammo manufacturers. As indicated, FN will most likely void your warranty if you use Elite Ammo. Stiff penalty to pay for an extra couple of hundred FPS let alone the pre-mature wear and tear of the firearm itself.

Like MP, I prefer the factory sanctioned ammunition or my own loads. Using my own loads resulted in the warranty being voided on my firearm according to the FN owners manual.

Search, read, and make your own decision as there are too many variables in the use/non use of this ammunition that can not be answered in a single thread.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

Senior Member WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN BADGES Visceral_Malice's Avatar
    It's hotter ammo, so as with any gun, you will get some accelerated wear. How much has been the subject of a lot of debate around here. Also some people don't feel comfortable shooting it since you are reaching higher pressure in what is already a very high pressure cartridge. Do what you feel comfortable with. I don't have any EA because its just too pricey and I could load my own ammo that hot if I wanted to, but I don't. I'm fine with 1700-1800 fps out of my FiveSeven personally. I'd rather get a few thousand extra rounds out of my gun than a couple hundred extra fps. I do own their 5.7 plate for my trim pro and it is good quality and I got it in a reasonable amount of time.

Yep, I should have searched first. Did quite a bit of reading and it seems to be a love 'em or hate 'em ideology. I ended up ordering a box of this and that. I use ss197 for practice, but the EA might be ok for HD/SD.

Every time I go to the range, I run a few mags worth of my SD ammo. Winchester Ranger T-series +P+. In my XDm and Sig 1911.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links