Gun Dealers doing the " Right " thing !

FN Forum

Thanks Tree6Thanks
  • 3 Post By mjk1
  • 2 Post By SeahawkDriver-R
  • 1 Post By OddlyEnough

Thread: Gun Dealers doing the " Right " thing !

Sponsor
    FN Supporter

I just wanted to post this to announce a couple of dealers doing the " RIGHT " thing ! In my travels I have been all over and have ran across 2 places that at the least commanded my respect. I don't know about anyone else but I'm sick of seeing prices inflated 300%-400% and price gouging masked as " capitalism ". Even sick of the marketplace here with all of a "sudden" members ( lurkers ) asking crazy prices . Yes a reasonable profit OK , inspite of the current frenzy.... Well it is what it is. But when you take an United States flag lay it on the ground and display your weapons on it for sale ???? They need to go away( at least from this forum ).

1st is Larry's gun & Pawn in Huntsville Alabama. It was a mad-house in there every time I have stopped since Thanksgiving , BUT they have 5.7 ammo at 29.99 a box and a limit of 1 per day per customer. I will be honest, it bothered me but when I bought my 1 box yesterday... I talked to Larry at the counter, he was offered $44.00 a box for the stuff and refused. ( the entire lot ).... That would be a substancial profit, instead he opted to limit the purchase quantity ... probably for several reasons.

2nd is Big Dog Outfitters ( aka A & A Arsenal ), they had a 5.7 for sale , yes it was a little high as comparred to the 1150 it was going for but they did sell it at a reasonable price considering market conditions. In other words they did not jack it up to 2k and put it on gunbroker or some other " glorious " web bidding sale place.

I my self would rather support our forum sponsors and small business owners, especially when they keep their prices beneficial. My intent was to help my brother find a 5.7. YES... I am my brothers keeper. We will remember these businesses in the future for our purchases, and above all ..... I like hearing about small business owners NOT gouging the public or at least the intermediate level enthusiasts.

Sponsor
    FN Supporter

Another...

3rd Stryker Industries, I havent seen the E.A.C.H. astronomically climb in price . In fact the sarge has been selling what FN items he acquires for a modest profit also for several months now ...
    Barring the 10K limited edition SCAR.... he posted up as a spoof....

My lgs in IL is selling 195 for 90 a box I can say I will never buy anything from them

Member Hits The Target gatewayad's Avatar
    If I saw that type of gigging at a local LGS I would never go there again.

@mjk1 You should see a few of our gun dealers here in our town. Prices soaring through the roof as if there was no tomorrow! One dealer told me a week ago that he wasn't going to be raising prices and acting a fool like the other dealers. Well... went in last night and what did I see? ARs that were selling for $1,200 in the past now selling for $2,400 and up. Ammo even worst. Mags $40 a pop for pmags when he used to sell them for $15-$20.

One thing I have noticed is that the P90 mag (50) rounds are not moving and they have tons of them for the original pricing. So found that a little strange. I did pick up a few more FN 5.7 mags just to be on the safe side.

Believe it or not, there is Karma to these situations. First of all, stop complaining about people trying to capitalize on this garbage. They own it, they can put whatever price tag on it they want to, that's freedom, and its part of the price we pay to live in a free society. Fixing markets and price controls are part of a communist society, so choose wisely where you stand on the issue, one day it might be YOU who has the goods that everyone wants. Just because you're on the other side of the sales counter this time around doesn't mean you change your principals. And what if a ban does come? What will their sales be like in five or ten years.... I'll tell you what, they'll be UNEMPLOYED, looking for a way to feed their kids. It would be hard to sell guns and ammo if just about everything worth a damn was banned, and ammo was taxed at $1/round. A lot of peoples' livelihoods depend on the sale of guns and ammunition.

Here's another point...We know its all hype, and the lemming hoards of stupid people out there scrambling to buy crap are the same ones who don't prep, who don't stock other necessities like food, water, or fuel, much less intrinsic commodities like gold and silver. The same idiots who are paying $1/round for cheap 5.56, and paying $2000 for an AR15, aren't going to go "change their ways" because of this panic-state before a POSSIBLE ban of some kind. They're going to continue their lifestyles until one day its too damn late, and their stupid POS AR-15 that they broke the bank buying won't do them any good. The smart people out there, who already own their share of weapons capable of hedging most threats, aren't the ones scrambling for overpriced junk. We're sitting back watching the feline rodeo, and slightly agitated that our usual routines of buying ammo and other accessories has been temporarily disrupted. Eventually, when all this is over, the idiots who rushed-out and spent megabucks on all this junk aren't going to have ANY MONEY LEFT, and I'll have plenty sitting around waiting to buy reasonably-priced ammo and guns, considering the influx of people out already went out and bought something, the demand will DIP proportionately. It might take a few months, it might even take a few years, but eventually as long as the House of Representin' doesn't turn to the dark side, it will happen. If the economy does turn south... AGAIN... then a lot of these guns and ammo might go up for sale, as people won't have a way to pay for other things, like food and their mortgage.

Everything has a Ying and a Yang... everything.
    BigPoppa and Savior4116 thanked this.
    FNP-45 Tactical FDE
    FNP-45 Competition
    FNAR Heavy Barrel
    FN SCAR17 FDE
    Next FN: (Probably something "they" want to Ban)

Sponsor
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SeahawkDriver-R View Post
    Believe it or not, there is Karma to these situations. First of all, stop complaining about people trying to capitalize on this garbage. They own it, they can put whatever price tag on it they want to, that's freedom, and its part of the price we pay to live in a free society. Fixing markets and price controls are part of a communist society, so choose wisely where you stand on the issue, one day it might be YOU who has the goods that everyone wants. Just because you're on the other side of the sales counter this time around doesn't mean you change your principals. And what if a ban does come? What will their sales be like in five or ten years.... I'll tell you what, they'll be UNEMPLOYED, looking for a way to feed their kids. It would be hard to sell guns and ammo if just about everything worth a damn was banned, and ammo was taxed at $1/round. A lot of peoples' livelihoods depend on the sale of guns and ammunition.

Here's another point...We know its all hype, and the lemming hoards of stupid people out there scrambling to buy crap are the same ones who don't prep, who don't stock other necessities like food, water, or fuel, much less intrinsic commodities like gold and silver. The same idiots who are paying $1/round for cheap 5.56, and paying $2000 for an AR15, aren't going to go "change their ways" because of this panic-state before a POSSIBLE ban of some kind. They're going to continue their lifestyles until one day its too damn late, and their stupid POS AR-15 that they broke the bank buying won't do them any good. The smart people out there, who already own their share of weapons capable of hedging most threats, aren't the ones scrambling for overpriced junk. We're sitting back watching the feline rodeo, and slightly agitated that our usual routines of buying ammo and other accessories has been temporarily disrupted. Eventually, when all this is over, the idiots who rushed-out and spent megabucks on all this junk aren't going to have ANY MONEY LEFT, and I'll have plenty sitting around waiting to buy reasonably-priced ammo and guns, considering the influx of people out already went out and bought something, the demand will DIP proportionately. It might take a few months, it might even take a few years, but eventually as long as the House of Representin' doesn't turn to the dark side, it will happen. If the economy does turn south... AGAIN... then a lot of these guns and ammo might go up for sale, as people won't have a way to pay for other things, like food and their mortgage.

Everything has a Ying and a Yang... everything.
    I hope your not directing your comments " stop complaining " towards me. It seems like you may be. This is a free speech forum with respect to the rules.
    I think everyone within reason is entitled to " vent " their frustration . I my self .... am kind of miffed by the gluttony.... sooner or later, I can only hope that the over-zealous consumers will have to sell off all the stuff they bought. This thread was posted in an attempt to present some positive aspects of the current situation.

On a more positive note ...
    #4 Knob Creek Range ( Kentucky ), just was in there , they still had some AR's left, the prices were somewhat normal, they also had a FS2K , FNAR, and LWRC REPR, Armalite AR-10, The AR's left were a no name brand ( JP Enterprises ) I believe. The FN stuff seemed priced about right, FS2K was about 1799 , I think the FNAR was 1300 ???
    Just passing this along.

Member Hits The Target OddlyEnough's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjk1 View Post
    The AR's left were a no name brand ( JP Enterprises )
    Hardly a "no name" brand. Though they are seemingly directed at the 3 gun niche more so than the mil-spec crowd.

Good to hear that there is still inventory SOMEWHERE out there in this crazed time.
    cintidude04 thanked this.

Links