Barrel compatibility between models and availability.

FN Forum

Google Search
Thanks Tree4Thanks
  • 2 Post By jhs27275
  • 2 Post By Buffman

Thread: Barrel compatibility between models and availability.

Barrel compatibility between models and availability.

New to FN 5.7. Just purchased my first 5.7 handgun last week it is a IOM model with the circle trigger guard. Will shoot up pics after I get her back from gunsmith who is going over it. While I do plan to grab a MKII in the future when one becomes available and funds allow it I would like to replace barrel in my IOM as it has seem some use and the previous one owner did not take care of it, I don't think it had ever been cleaned until I got it.

Will all barrels, actually will all or most parts period from the USG and MKII work in the IOM? And where can I even find a barrel threaded or standard? I've looked everywhere and I can't even backorder one. I have read older posts on here saying, or assuming more manufacturers would be making these barrels and they should be somewhat plentiful by now but here we are in 2014 and I can't find one anywhere, other than some JA selling a EFK threaded for almost 700. While mags and most internals are easy to find the barrel is not. Is this something I should expect to continue to see or is there hope? Thanks.
    Last edited by unsub; 05-16-2014 at 11:21 AM.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    I doubt the barrel needs to be replaced. I have never seen one wore out and as for cleaning they just don't get that dirty.
    Trentofdestiny and Performify thanked this.
    FS2000 Gen 1
    PS90-SBR Gen 2
    FiveseveN
    FN HP SFS
    FN Model 1905/1906
    (MM's #3860084010, #3860084030, #3810084020, #3480084020)

I'm pretty sure the MKII barrel will work with the previous Gen's but the older model barrels will not work in the MKII. The USG barrel should work in the IOM no problem.
    Trentofdestiny and Cpt Nemox thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

The IOM and USG barrels are functionally the same, and can't be used in a MKII since the spring notch isn't there in the back and the spring would hit the frame. It is best to use the correct type of barrel; that being said, my personal opinion is that the MKII barrel will work fine in an IOM/USG but I have "not tested this". Also about threaded barrels: you should be able to backorder right now from EFK. Jarvis you can't back order until they have stuff in stock to build 'em with. Tornado Tech will thread your existing barrel but it's not reversible and not recommended on a "collectible• IOM.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Get on the email list here for a factory barrel.

FNH Five Seven Barrel Assembly
    FS2000 Gen 1
    PS90-SBR Gen 2
    FiveseveN
    FN HP SFS
    FN Model 1905/1906
    (MM's #3860084010, #3860084030, #3810084020, #3480084020)

20,000 rounds is the "theoretical" life of the FSN barrel before accuracy starts to drop. Unless the person was firing super max loads out of it all the time?

Wow. First off I have to say out of all the gun forums I've belonged to this group of replies has been the fastest and most helpful responses I've even gotten. Thanks.

jhs, good to know as the particular barrel is filthy. And I already did the backorder notification at FN, I left voice at Jarvis and email to EFK. I see EFK does take backorders thanks to Trent's comment so I may do just that.

Thanks everyone.

Being I am in MN and no suppressors here yet are there any flash hiders or attachments worth throwing on the threaded barrels or just leave them as is with or without thread protector?

Quote Originally Posted by Buffman View Post
    20,000 rounds is the "theoretical" life of the FSN barrel before accuracy starts to drop. Unless the person was firing super max loads out of it all the time?
    Ya no clue on what he was shooting or the actual number but I'm anal when it comes to used firearms and tend to replace some parts or at least have a backup barrel.

Sponsored Links