FNP Tactical Red Dot Reflex sights

FN Forum

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: FNP Tactical Red Dot Reflex sights

  1. #1
    Senior Member s4mur41h4x0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    3,517
    Thanked
    798 times

    FNP Tactical Red Dot Reflex sights

    Hey guys,

    I am curious I have been looking around the net and found two reflex sights that can be mounted on the fnp 45 tactical.

    I think the trijicon was called the RMR?

    and the Burris is the Fast fire?

    but leupold also makes one called the delta?

    I have no knowledge about handgun red dots....care to throw me a bone?


  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15
    I've not heard about the Leopuld. There is also a Doctor sight. My money will be going towards a Burris Fastfire II. I haven't read a bad review about one. And its about 200 cheaper than the Doctor and Trijicon.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    Posts
    3,845
    Thanked
    494 times
    You have named the top four choices. The Trijicon model is the RMR.

    I tried the Docter, and it worked great; I was just concerned about durability; handguns take a lot of abuse, and can be dropped easier....

    I went with the Trijicon in the end because it was sturdier, and if you get the dual illuminated RMR, it doesn't need batteries (fiber optics and tritium).

    You want to stay low in the dot size (low MOA).

    A 9 MOA RMR, at distance, covers up the side window on a car entirely -- I aimed at one down the street in a parking lot outside the gun store window (if people only knew what happens through gun store windows) ...

    You would not have been able to see who was driving. I didn't care, since at that distance you would be beyond range anyway, but you get the point.

    I met the Engineering VP at FNM who was the principal designer on the FNP-45, and he told me that FN and Trijicon collaborated on the design. So I went with the Trijicon...really happy with these.

  4. #4
    Senior Member s4mur41h4x0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    3,517
    Thanked
    798 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde
    You have named the top four choices. The Trijicon model is the RMR.

    I tried the Docter, and it worked great; I was just concerned about durability; handguns take a lot of abuse, and can be dropped easier....

    I went with the Trijicon in the end because it was sturdier, and if you get the dual illuminated RMR, it doesn't need batteries (fiber optics and tritium).

    You want to stay low in the dot size (low MOA).

    A 9 MOA RMR, at distance, covers up the side window on a car entirely -- I aimed at one down the street in a parking lot outside the gun store window (if people only knew what happens through gun store windows) ...

    You would not have been able to see who was driving. I didn't care, since at that distance you would be beyond range anyway, but you get the point.

    I met the Engineering VP at FNM who was the principal designer on the FNP-45, and he told me that FN and Trijicon collaborated on the design. So I went with the Trijicon...really happy with these.
    When I get the excess cash I probably will go for the trijicon RMR then with a low MOA.

    Here is the info I found:

    Dual Illum:
    7 MOA
    9 MOA
    13 MOA

    Standard RMR:
    4 MOA
    8 MOA

    Is that right?

    and the burris Fast Fire is half the price and has a 4 MOA dot....any bad comments on this one?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    38
    For the money the Burris FFII is the ish!

    I love mine and it holds a zero when taking on or off and is dead on accurate for me. At 20 yards (not feet) I can drive tacs with this combination. I have the 4moa dot and like it much more than the larger dots for a HUGE advantage in accuracy especially at distance.

    I also bought a 7moa Leopold deltapoint and I like it ok but the dot is way to huge for my liking so I use the Burris on my .45 Tac. The delta also has to be mounted directly to the slide as the mounting plates do not line up peoperly with the mounting holes.

    The Burris is also completely water proof and not just water resistant and has a manual on/off switch to save battery life. I do not worry about battery life in this as it will last 5 years easily constant on because the power draw is so slight.

    Just my .02

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

    Your Source For Pro 2A / Patriotic Gear!
    Keep America FREE!!

  6. #6
    Senior Member s4mur41h4x0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    3,517
    Thanked
    798 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Trijicon
    For the money the Burris FFII is the ish!

    I love mine and it holds a zero when taking on or off and is dead on accurate for me. At 20 yards (not feet) I can drive tacs with this combination. I have the 4moa dot and like it much more than the larger dots for a HUGE advantage in accuracy especially at distance.

    I also bought a 7moa Leopold deltapoint and I like it ok but the dot is way to huge for my liking so I use the Burris on my .45 Tac. The delta also has to be mounted directly to the slide as the mounting plates do not line up peoperly with the mounting holes.

    The Burris is also completely water proof and not just water resistant and has a manual on/off switch to save battery life. I do not worry about battery life in this as it will last 5 years easily constant on because the power draw is so slight.

    Just my .02
    I think I may buy the burris Fastfire as I have yet to hear anybody say anything bad about it and at half the cost it is worth it. Then I can upgrade to the RMR if I ever want to

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18
    I had a Burris on mine and removed it. After using it for a bit, I decided 4 MOA was to small for me for fast, close quarters follow up shots. I'm not looking for precision at long range with this. I also didn't like the location of the set screws as you have to take the sight off to lock and unlock the screws. Mine did drift a little too (and I did have the set screws to lock). My plan is try a Trijicon RMR next.

  8. #8
    Senior Member KIRK'S AWAY TEAM (GOLD SHIRT) toyslr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cypress, Texas
    Posts
    400
    Thanked
    3 times

    Burris

    If you do the Burris make sure its the II. Casing is more durable and water tight
    Marcus Wells

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

    813.495.7911

  9. #9
    Member Hits The Target
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    90
    I was out looking for an RMR after work today and ended up picking up a Burris Fastfire II. I just installed it on my FNP 45 Tactical while watching some TV tonight. It actually co-witnesses with the sights perfectly with no adjustments. As soon as I can get out to the range with it I'll give a report. So far, in my living room, I really like it. Especially for half of the price of the RMR.

  10. #10
    Senior Member s4mur41h4x0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    3,517
    Thanked
    798 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RC57
    I was out looking for an RMR after work today and ended up picking up a Burris Fastfire II. I just installed it on my FNP 45 Tactical while watching some TV tonight. It actually co-witnesses with the sights perfectly with no adjustments. As soon as I can get out to the range with it I'll give a report. So far, in my living room, I really like it. Especially for half of the price of the RMR.
    That's good to hear, I may be buying a burris hear next week for my FNP .45 tactical
    ~Samurai

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

best holographic sight fnx-45 tactical
,
best red dot reflex sights
,

can i mount doctor reflex sight 2 on my fn 45 tactical

,

doctor reflex sight 2 plus with fn 45 tac

,

eotech reflex site for fnx .45

,

fn reflex sight

,
fnh fns reflex sight
,
fnp45 holographic sight review
,

fnx 45 reflex sights

,

fnx 45 tactical reflex sight

,
fnx red dot electronic sight
,

fnx reflex sight

,
how to attach a red dot sight to a fn handgun
,
insight tactical lights with infared for fnx 40
,
micro dot on fnp-9
,

mounting reflex sight on fnx-9

,

red dot sight for fnx 45 tactical

,

reflex sight for fnx

,
rflex sight for fnx 45
,

trijicon rmr blue tint

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» FNForum Sponsors


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1