Tonights Incident FNP 9 - Page 2

FN Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Thanks Tree13Thanks

Thread: Tonights Incident FNP 9

thanks for the welcome and response

My FNP 9 is holstered on my hip at all times even at home. Unless i cant carry by law, it is there. At night its on my Nightstand 1ft away. I think you did well, If you wouldve looked first before getting the firearm and there was an intruder, well you then just pretty much said " Hey how are you tonight? Can you hold on one sec so I can go get my gun?" to the intruder.
    ChrisHall22 thanked this.

ha exactly! Thats what i told them and they automatically assume we live in a great area that home invasions won't happen. In this economy people are doing crazy things and i wasn't going to be caught with my guard down.

Those great 'safe' area's are where people will go because they'll have a better chance of getting more money than in a shady neighborhood.

I would do the same thing and I also carry whenever legally able to do so (my FNP is always on my side when I'm home, or next to my bed)
    -Dan

"I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker."
    Voltaire

It also doesnt help that after around 11 pm the street lights dim down to barely any light whatsoever so theres almost total darkness

Yes you were correct for acting that way. If you didn't you wouldnt be here asking us this question.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie29 View Post
    Yes you were correct for acting that way. If you didn't you wouldnt be here asking us this question.
    "rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6" haha you hit the hammer on the nail with that one

then light up your front area with dusk to dawn solar lights if your HOA lets you (i don't have an HOA and abhor them), i use a photoelectric beam, you break it the lights go on and a chime goes off in the house like a gas station used to have.
    also get a dog if you can or are so inclined. they will wake you up way prior to someone kicking the door. have someone call 911 first, ensure the popo know where you are, are armed, what you are wearing, so they don't make a 'mistake' and put a cap in your arse, prior to you leaving the bedroom where you can at least get some cover behind the bed and wait for someone to walk in the BR door, identify as an intruder then blast away, be prepared for total ear shutdown though, trust me! if i'm asleep and am awakened by the dogs barking i will inspect the area, if cool i'm back to bed but in a condition yellow sort of way.
    if they are still barking that means the 'reason' has not left yet, could be a coyote/fox/bobcat in my area. should i go out there in my drawers and inspect my property....NO, could be a gang waiting around the corner that i could not fend off.
    best to do what the other poster said and be prepared on your side of the door. yell that you have a gun and will use deadly force if necessary, that may be all that is needed for them to leave, either way, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away!

You did exactly the right thing...My dad was a Marine who fought out in the Pacific and when I was your age he taught me to shoot and told me that "an unloaded weapon is just a rock"........
    FNP-9 USG FDE, FNP .45 USG FDE

FIRST BE SURE YOU'RE RIGHT, THEN GO AHEAD.
    Davey Crockett...

Quote Originally Posted by bingbing View Post
    You did exactly the right thing...My dad was a Marine who fought out in the Pacific and when I was your age he taught me to shoot and told me that "an unloaded weapon is just a rock"........
    Couldn't have said it any better! Thank You to your father for serving!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links