Tonights Incident FNP 9

FN Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Thanks Tree13Thanks

Thread: Tonights Incident FNP 9

Tonights Incident FNP 9

Hey fellow gunners this is my first post and I need some feedback. The story line goes like this, I was sitting in my living room with my brother and sister ages 11&13 when there was a loud crack noise followed by glass smashing in the far end of the house where the garage is. First reaction was my brother and sister ran upstairs to my parents master bedroom and locked the door behind them ready to dial 911 if needed. I instinctively ran to my lock box and grabbed my FNP 9 seeing that the previous week my dad's truck was broken into. Parents were out at this time of the night and i was babysitting, turned out the left the garage door open and somehow one of the wooden storage shelves collapsed that was holding my mothers flower pots. Explained this to some of my friends and parents and everyone seemed to tell me i had no business automatically turning to my firearm. I was told i should have looked first before jumping to a conclusion about an intruder. I would rather be prepared than become victim.

So what do y'all think? Did i jump the gun too quick or was I correct in being prepared for the worst?

Member Hits The Target
    You were definitely correct in your actions. Would you rather be in the garage without your firearm and need it, or in the garage with your firearm and not need it? Was the pistol really that hard to put away after everything was verified safe?

My only critisism was that your pistol was locked up but I, of course, don't know your home/living situation. I don't want to be unlocking anything under stress (if I don't need to) if someone it breaking in to my home and threatening me.
    ChrisHall22 and LeadFarmer thanked this.

Thank you for your response, and thats what i talked to my dad about. My siblings are old enough and educated with firearms enough to no that they are not a joke. So he suggested that I do what he does, keep my gun in my night stand next to my bed and the loaded magazines in the draw underneath it just in case. I guess opening 2 draws is alot easier than fumbling open a lock box.

if they were a little older i would say condition one at your bedside, but an 11 or 13 y/o boy is sometimes a little too inquisitive about guns even though they grew up around them and are trained not to touch. i had no issues with my daughter when she was little, but when her friends came over it was automatically locked up. i hate lock boxes for at night, i have an end table with a drawer next to my recliner that has a sig in it, let's put it this way, their is either a handgun/AR or shotgun within 5 steps of anywhere in my house and it is 3560 sq ft. i like the coated gun magnets, you can put a handgun anywhere, i mean anywhere and only you will know about it, 2 of them will hold my FN TPS with 2 full sidesaddles, WML, etc, so they are strong.
    might want to give that a try, they are cheap, i think i got 2 for like 15 bux at a gun show. .357 mag right over the front door for the pizza guy!
    ChrisHall22 thanked this.

Wow that sounds awesome ill have to look into that ASAP. Its still at my bedside, my lock box fits in the bottom draw of my nightstand which is about 10in deep and you are right its a lock more difficult un locking it under pressure than just for a practice drill. thanks for the education and info

Senior Member Bullseye Shooter ajl79's Avatar
    In my state, if someone breaks in, the second they cross the door frame its "bag and tag" time.

Glad everyone is ok. I have been in 3 situation just as you describe and I had my gun ready to go in seconds. They just didn’t cross the line therefore did not justify a "clean shoot" so nothing happened thankfully. But I had someone break through my storm door and start kicking. What they did not know was I had a small army behind that door waiting. (FNP 45 with 45 rounds of ammo, my SBR ar15 with 60 rnds and a 12 gauge ready to rock and roll.) This went on for 10 minutes as I waited for him to get through the door but he gave up because he was making a lot of noise.

I recommend getting a HIB (Home Invasion Bag) is what I call mine. It is a maxpedition jumbo LEO version that holds my FNP 45 tactical, magazines for AR and FNP, flashlights, and other related gear. This is by my bedside at all times and if I hear something I just have to grab this one bag and im ready to rock and roll.
    ChrisHall22 and Knightewolfe thanked this.
    "You know, the enemy's always been terrified of noise, especially FNs With these big boy FNs spitting out 250+ rounds a minutes, you tell me who's tolerating that. Absolutely zero." Terry Crews (FN Modified version)

FN Family
    - SCAR 17s Black, Trijicon ACOG TA11 E
    - FNP-45 Tact. FDE, Trijicon RMR, SureFire X300
    - FiveseveN OD, Viridian X5L
    - FS2000 Tactical Black

haha i love it you sound just like my dads friend he's a war vet and i went to his new house to check it out he had a 38 on his night stand, 45 on a shelve above his bed, his SKS behind the bedroom door and tactical 12 gauge on his wives side of the bed (she's a great shot). I said thats a good amount of firepower what are you afraid of? chuckling he replied "NOT A DAMN THING." i was laughing all day....Thank you for the response

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    I keep a pistol in my pocket all the time, even at the house. You never know who will be at the door and I'm not going to take time to go looking for a gun. At night I have several options near me.

Thanks everyone, Im trying to get my carry permit now but in Rhode Island its very difficult. Ill keep you posted

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHall22 View Post
    Hey fellow gunners this is my first post and I need some feedback. The story line goes like this, I was sitting in my living room with my brother and sister ages 11&13 when there was a loud crack noise followed by glass smashing in the far end of the house where the garage is. First reaction was my brother and sister ran upstairs to my parents master bedroom and locked the door behind them ready to dial 911 if needed. I instinctively ran to my lock box and grabbed my FNP 9 seeing that the previous week my dad's truck was broken into. Parents were out at this time of the night and i was babysitting, turned out the left the garage door open and somehow one of the wooden storage shelves collapsed that was holding my mothers flower pots. Explained this to some of my friends and parents and everyone seemed to tell me i had no business automatically turning to my firearm. I was told i should have looked first before jumping to a conclusion about an intruder. I would rather be prepared than become victim.

So what do y'all think? Did i jump the gun too quick or was I correct in being prepared for the worst?

Welcome to FNForum.

You did not over react. You showed good judgement in preparing for what could have been a nasty encounter.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links