FNP 40 or FNS 40???? That is the question

FN Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: FNP 40 or FNS 40???? That is the question

FNP 40 or FNS 40???? That is the question

Well was out window shopping a few months ago and wandered upon the FNP 40. Immediately noticed several features that I like. Decided to put it on layaway and I have paid it down to where I will be getting it out this week. Well my buddy went and purchased the FNS 40. I looked over his and immediately noticed several things that I liked about it. I like the fact that the FNS 40 has a safety, whereas the FNP 40 does not. So I placed the FNS 40 on layaway and I am ready to get it off of layaway. Thinking that I will probably sell the FNP and keep the FNS. Would love to keep both, but not reasonable under current financial conditions. What should I do and why? What are the major differences between the two handguns? Just looking for your opinions.
    Orca1 thanked this.

I think the biggest difference is the FNP uses a hammer and the FNS uses a striker. Other than that, I think they're very similar.

The FNP is a little shorter in the grip which might make a little difference if you plan to conceal carry it. It's also been discontinued so parts down the road may be an issue. Other than that, boils down to whether you like DA/SA or striker fired (same trigger pull for each shot) best?

Believe that I will go with the FNS, because of those reasons stated above. Have never owned a DA/SA pistol before and that is one of the contributing factors. Will stick with striker fired pistols for now.

Banned Bullseye Shooter
    I would get an FNX-40, that's what I've got. Has a safety and decocker. I hate to say it, but I like the way it shoots better than my Sig 229. I've never owned a DAO pistol before and probably never will. I carry my FNX IWB everyday and love it. Just my opinion

Banned Bullseye Shooter
    Just to be clear, I've shot several DAO guns before, even Glocks/XD's with trigger jobs. Still prefer DA/SA

AzB
    Striker fired vs hammer. It's simply personal preference.

Az

Decided to go ahead and get both. Will hold on to both and eventually sell one after a few trips to the range. Thanks for the advice.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gaeducator View Post
    Decided to go ahead and get both. Will hold on to both and eventually sell one after a few trips to the range. Thanks for the advice.

Both...I find that to be the sweetest choice of all.
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.” - Richard Adams, Watership Down

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by gaeducator View Post
    That a boy.
    Kydex and Leather Holster maker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links