FN Herstal Firearms banner

Will FNX-45 mags fit in the FNP-45?

17K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  QUATRO CINCO 
#1 ·
Will FNX-45 mags fit in the FNP-45?

Just watched a video and the FNX-45 mag holds 17. Sweet. Will that mag work in the FNP-45?

#7 ·
I have an FNX45Tac coming soon (thanks to SS) and will do a thorough comparison to my FNP45 and FNP45Tac. I have several FNP45s, the first being about four years old, and have had the opportunity a couple years ago to converse with FNH Engineers in Columbia, SC over product improvements. I'll let you know what's changed.

#10 ·
She is correct, they are different mags. The X mag is 13thous" longer front to back, shaped differently at the front top, different follower/spring/catch plate. X mag has 12 witness holes 4-15/ P mag has three 5/10/15.
The P mag fits loosly in the X frame and does lock up. The X mag fits tightly in the P frame, will lock up, but I had to tug it to get it out. The X frame is slightly larger front to back to accomodate the new mag. Will they fire ok this way, can't say! I'm not going to try!

#11 ·
I have both. I measure slightly less than .013 difference. Both mags fit equally loose in both the X and P frames. I have only had the X for a week and have fired several mags of each type in both guns. Keith type sec that refused to feed in the P fed fine with the X mags. The front to back dimension on the mag well on the X is .013 more than the P. There seems to be enough clearance at least in these two guns that the X mag slips right in and out of the P.

#12 ·
so has anyone ever had any mag issues using fnp mags in the fnx and vice versa?? from what i have read, besides fnx mags being a tight fit in the fnp there arent any issues....what about hollow point make/mfg compared to ball ammo...any feed/ftf issues...thanks in advance and if i missed it somewhere else i apologize....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.