Range Report! New FNS-9 owner - Page 3

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Thanks Tree21Thanks

Thread: Range Report! New FNS-9 owner

Problem after problem after problem... I'm trying my best not to give up on the FNH brand... now I have an issue that just popped up tonight where the trigger will not spring forward with my finger on the trigger after pulling it when I rack the slide. It only goes forward when you rack the slide without your finger on the trigger. Has something broke in my trigger assembly? I've never taken the gun apart more than basic cleaning of it...

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CBAG View Post
    Problem after problem after problem... I'm trying my best not to give up on the FNH brand... now I have an issue that just popped up tonight where the trigger will not spring forward with my finger on the trigger after pulling it when I rack the slide. It only goes forward when you rack the slide without your finger on the trigger. Has something broke in my trigger assembly? I've never taken the gun apart more than basic cleaning of it...
    Do not know if it is related, but you might want to check this thread: FNS-9 Fire Control Assembly: NEED HELP, PLEASE!
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

Already looked at that thread, the guy never specified what was actually wrong with his gun. I'll make a video and post it here showing what is wrong with my gun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    None of mine do this! I would contact FN Service & Repairs and upload your video to them
    CBAG, HK SD9 Tactical and dank thanked this.

I got one of the Reps I'm friends with on Facebook on it right now! He said it's definitely not right!!!
    LESTER thanked this.

Try cleaning everything in the frame really well with synthetic safe gun scrubber. Then lightly lube all the critical areas per the owners manual. Also I'd pull the striker out and make sure there is no debris in the striker channel. I read every trigger thread there is and cleaning the striker channel was by far the biggest improvement I felt. I was actually shocked about how filthy it was in there after 1,500 rounds.

I'm now at 2,000 rounds and I am very happy with my trigger. But I do remember a time in that first 1,500 where my trigger was very gritty in both directions and although it never stayed back it would return very slowly and gritty.

The way your trigger returns when you hit the bottom of the grip leads me to believe it's just hanging up due to debris/dirt somewhere or maybe lack of oil in a specific location.

This is just what worked for me. I hope you can get it figured out so you can start enjoying your fns!

Has this yet come up like a dead horse. Your friend Mo will bend over backwards for you. Really it is just as stated in all those pages in the old thread. Keep your finger off the trigger. Do you really think a plastic trigger can over power your ability to press down on it? There is no error in design, not constantly something wrong with your pistol, except that maybe you are just going to be happier with your old gluuck and you just have to accept it. Just stop gripping it like a gorilla and give it, like all plastic nerf guns, an instant to reset......

I don't quite understand your post, however, it is not doing something that it is designed to do. There is no spring tension on the trigger now when you pull it even before the trigger breaks. I don't care what you say, it is not functioning correctly. And gripping my gun like a gorilla? How can you assume that? And for the record, the FNS is my first ever hand gun

Administrator
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CBAG View Post
    Definitely a defective firearm. Contact the service department as Lester has said.

FN will make it good for you. Send them the video as well.
    LESTER, CBAG and dank thanked this.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links