Recommended servie intervals for FNS 9 - Page 3

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 28 of 28
Thanks Tree13Thanks

Thread: Recommended servie intervals for FNS 9

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Englewood, Fl.
    Posts
    252
    Thanked
    92 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FNX_Wiz01 View Post
    They are busy with production. There are experiencing high demand for many of their products. We all have to be patient.
    A company that is unable to keep up with production along with its other requirements like providing an inventory of consumable parts! I hardly think so. If so that is proof that like someone said above....once they sell the initial product they are done with you. FN has a predisposed and frankly arrogant opinion of themselves. They think they make the worlds toughest firearms. So confident it that belief that they don't provide an accessable inventory of parts to their consumer even when requiring replacement of said parts at a low round count. They knowingly require replacement at that low round count and then don't provide access to the part for several....several months.....who knows how many months are yet ahead in backorder! Even that communist plastic lawn chair maker gluuuck doesnt have this type of lapse in judgement......


  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    39
    Thanked
    7 times
    The demand for their handguns isn't a drop in the bucket compared to Glock, M&P or the XD line, and after market support is not lacking for any of those. That is why FN will always be in the shadows, unless they decide the customer is worth taking care of after the initial sale.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Posts
    625
    Thanked
    307 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FNX_Wiz01
    They are busy with production. There are experiencing high demand for many of their products. We all have to be patient.
    Is this an article of faith for you, or do you have some actual production figures to cite?

    I believe that FNH USA is (and has been) producing a number of small-arms (carbines, machine guns, etc.) for the U.S. military, and those weapons have to be built in the U.S. to get Congressional approval. What other weapons have a high demand? Certainly none of their handguns, which seem to be a well-kept secret.
    Last edited by WaltSherrill; 03-19-2017 at 01:37 PM.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Junior Member FNX_Wiz01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    27
    Thanked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by James Jamison View Post
    The demand for their handguns isn't a drop in the bucket compared to Glock, M&P or the XD line, and after market support is not lacking for any of those. That is why FN will always be in the shadows, unless they decide the customer is worth taking care of after the initial sale.
    Nor you or I know their production cycle. But what we do know is people like yourself enjoy their firearms, else you would not have purchased one or more. Personally, I can't get a Glock 17L, so I have to wait, but that does not mean Glock is bad company. The same can be said for FNH. We have to wait for items to be replenished. No big deal, neither of us is being deployed in the next 30 days.
    NRA - Endowment Member
    NRA - Pistol/Rifle/Chief RSO
    - SCAR 17s / LWRC - R.E.P.R 16 inch
    - LWRC - Trikon M6 / LWRC IC Enhanced / LWRC M6 DI
    - Keltec - KSG Shotgun (BLK)
    - FNX .45 Tactical w/RMR in FDE
    - FN FiveSeven -BLK
    - FNS9 (NMS) / FNS-9C (FDE)

  6. #25
    Junior Member FNX_Wiz01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    27
    Thanked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltSherrill View Post
    Is this an article of faith for you, or do you have some actual production figures to cite?

    I believe that FNH USA is (and has been) producing a number of small-arms (carbines, machine guns, etc.) for the U.S. military, and those weapons have to be built in the U.S. to get Congressional approval. What other weapons have a high demand? Certainly none of their handguns, which seem to be a well-kept secret.
    Here is what I do know. When I contacted FNH USA and spoke to a representative, he indicated many items are on back order. That is all the evidence I need.
    NRA - Endowment Member
    NRA - Pistol/Rifle/Chief RSO
    - SCAR 17s / LWRC - R.E.P.R 16 inch
    - LWRC - Trikon M6 / LWRC IC Enhanced / LWRC M6 DI
    - Keltec - KSG Shotgun (BLK)
    - FNX .45 Tactical w/RMR in FDE
    - FN FiveSeven -BLK
    - FNS9 (NMS) / FNS-9C (FDE)

  7. #26
    Junior Member FNX_Wiz01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    27
    Thanked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 0119 View Post
    A company that is unable to keep up with production along with its other requirements like providing an inventory of consumable parts! I hardly think so. If so that is proof that like someone said above....once they sell the initial product they are done with you. FN has a predisposed and frankly arrogant opinion of themselves. They think they make the worlds toughest firearms. So confident it that belief that they don't provide an accessable inventory of parts to their consumer even when requiring replacement of said parts at a low round count. They knowingly require replacement at that low round count and then don't provide access to the part for several....several months.....who knows how many months are yet ahead in backorder! Even that communist plastic lawn chair maker gluuuck doesnt have this type of lapse in judgement......
    Lighten up. I have an idea. Why don't you start your own firearm production company and produce the firearms you enjoy and sell them to yourself. Yes you are entitled to your opinions, but that does not make your opinions accurate or correct. I have spoken to a representative and they were very nice and helpful from my experience.
    NRA - Endowment Member
    NRA - Pistol/Rifle/Chief RSO
    - SCAR 17s / LWRC - R.E.P.R 16 inch
    - LWRC - Trikon M6 / LWRC IC Enhanced / LWRC M6 DI
    - Keltec - KSG Shotgun (BLK)
    - FNX .45 Tactical w/RMR in FDE
    - FN FiveSeven -BLK
    - FNS9 (NMS) / FNS-9C (FDE)

  8. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Posts
    625
    Thanked
    307 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FNX_Wiz01
    Lighten up. I have an idea. Why don't you start your own firearm production company and produce the firearms you enjoy and sell them to yourself.
    That's a very helpful and well-thought-out suggestion.

    Quote Originally Posted by FNX_Wiz01
    Here is what I do know. When I contacted FNH USA and spoke to a representative, he indicated many items are on back order. That is all the evidence I need.
    I apparently doesn't take much evidence to satisfy you.

    The evidence I've seen, based on many different comments (from a range of owners) posted on the FN forum is that users here have been complaining about their inability to get parts from FNH or from after-market sources since BEFORE I joined the forum, in mid-2015. Little seems to have changed during that almost 2-year period.

    If you have a warranty situation, where the gun won't work, and you send it to FNH (in SC), you'll probably get it worked on pretty quickly. You will, in that case, be without your weapon for a week or two, maybe longer.

    But if you want spare parts, don't hold your breath. Little things like magazines for the new FNS-9C, often seem to be made of unobtainium. It's a fact, too, that many gun owners, when they use weapons regularly or do concealed carry, want more than just the mags that came with the gun. (S&W had similar problems with mags for their S&W M&P line for a while -- but they eventually got it right.)

    As I noted earlier, similar problems pop up with other gun makers, too. But these problems are generally limited to guns no longer in production, or for guns made in Europe (like CZs), when parts come over in batches every few months. It's almost NEVER a problem when the guns are made here in the US by SIG or Glock or Beretta. I think most of the newer FNH weapons sold in the U.S. or sold to the U.S. Department of Defense.

    The "it's on back-order" response from customer service is a safe reply that shifts the "blame" away from the CS rep gives him or her something to say when there's nothing better to say. I wonder where THOSE back-ordered parts are made? We might want to ask THAT question, in the future: "back-ordered? From where?"

    FNH has two great products in the FNX and FNS lines. I hope FNH-USA gets its act together -- as something is certainly missing (in addition to spare parts.)
    Last edited by WaltSherrill; 03-19-2017 at 02:29 PM.

  9. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Englewood, Fl.
    Posts
    252
    Thanked
    92 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FNX_Wiz01 View Post
    Lighten up.

    Yes you are entitled to your opinions, but that does not make your opinions accurate or correct.

    I have spoken to a representative and they were very nice and helpful from my experience.
    How special, you have found Mo like all of us have...... I went straight to FN. Yeah it took me a few days to get their gears moving, yes I paid more than MGW sells for, yes the people on the phone wanted to help even though they knew they were shooting blanks......... Let me guess, your a millenial right?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Recommended zero for PS90
    By Huntindoc in forum FN PS90
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 02:30 PM
  2. Which mount would you recommended?
    By SeaMac in forum SCAR Accessories, Scopes & Mods
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 06-10-2014, 10:03 AM
  3. Recommended zero for my situation...
    By MadMonkey572 in forum FN PS90
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-04-2012, 08:33 PM
  4. recommended as best ammo
    By robertvitale in forum FN SCAR 17S
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 09:37 PM
  5. Recommended MREs?
    By gravelrash in forum Freestyle Room
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-05-2009, 11:07 PM