-- suggestions/help -- increase performance of fns9c --

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
Thanks Tree67Thanks

Thread: -- suggestions/help -- increase performance of fns9c --

  1. #1
    Senior Member Troublesx10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miami, fl
    Posts
    7,271
    Thanked
    8150 times

    -- suggestions/help -- increase performance of fns9c --

    Last week picked up a fns-9c for my birthday. now I'm in the process of trying to increase performance of this new noise maker. Looking for guidance on what people like or don't like with their carry/ or fns/ or fns9c and some suggestions to correct.

    I'm planning to switch the contrast sights to trijicon big dot orange/green, and want to speed up the action or do some trigger work. Hoping for low cost suggestions but will be treating this like a project for some time.

    What is out there? Aftermarket that people like or recommend? Don't want to void warranty- but this is going to be a carry gun/ glove compartment gun at some point. Need performance like rapid trigger/faster mag changes, ext.

    How about tips/tricks to polish action and or feeding? A friend of mine has moded/adjusted his duty glock 19-- to be very fast. I'd like to do the same prior to begin carry and training with this fns. I own a fns9 and hope to apply what I learn to this as well.
    LESTER, hillbillyjim and Smurky thanked this.


  2. #2
    Senior Member Troublesx10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miami, fl
    Posts
    7,271
    Thanked
    8150 times
    https://www.amazon.com/Trijicon-Nigh...rijicon+sights

    These sights are the ones I mentioned above.
    akitainu, Smurky and ohsheepdog thanked this.

  3. #3
    FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    akitainu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    8,936
    Thanked
    15046 times
    Congrats on the FNS-9c!

    The Trijicon HD sights are a quality upgrade. I moved all my Glocks to them over the holidays. The FNSc will wear them eventually, but I don't mind the stock sights enough to make it a priority.

    I know some folks have swapped the mag release button on the compact for the full size mag button. I was initially going to do the same, but it's become a non issue (for me) with use. But it looks a fairly easy/cheap mod if desired.

    Other than those two things, there isn't much I can think of. The FNSc is one of the best out of the box pistols I've put my hands on. It's just gotten better the more rounds I've put through it. Pair it up with a good holster, and it's a hell of a carry gun.
    LESTER, hillbillyjim, Smurky and 4 others thanked this.
    “No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it up to forced consciousness expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.” ― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas




  4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member BigBuckeyeGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cbus
    Posts
    10,561
    Thanked
    11064 times
    Troubles congrats on your FNS-9c! Enjoy and happy shooting!
    akitainu, hillbillyjim, Smurky and 1 others thanked this.

  6. #5
    FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    LESTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MICHIGAN
    Posts
    10,423
    Thanked
    23584 times
    Congrats! Troubles on your new FNS-9C
    akitainu, hillbillyjim, Smurky and 1 others thanked this.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Englewood, Fl.
    Posts
    246
    Thanked
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublesx10 View Post
    How about tips/tricks to polish action and or feeding? A friend of mine has moded/adjusted his duty glock 19-- to be very fast. I'd like to do the same prior to begin carry and training with this fns. I own a fns9 and hope to apply what I learn to this as well.
    Modifying/adjusting his "duty" gluck? Dangerous and surely against s.o.p. First its down right sad to buy a tool of defense and think you need to modify it like its not up to the job, second if you're looking for aftermarket fun, you bought the wrong pistol, there is no aftermarket support for it. Besides the FN's are great right out of the box. Made like a tool should be, tight and in need of a little working in, thats what gives you a weapon that has a lifespan to it.
    Smurky, Troublesx10 and FNS1965 thanked this.

  8. #7
    Senior Member Troublesx10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miami, fl
    Posts
    7,271
    Thanked
    8150 times
    My goal is to do anything to this gun to make it better. Better in the sense, easier to operate, shoot, and carry. I know this is a fantastic gun out of the box (hence why I purchased and already own the 9). The big drawback to this gun is minimal aftermarket parts- but there are many qualified minds here and sure there are some "tricks or techniques" to employ.
    Smurky thanked this.

  9. #8
    Senior Member Troublesx10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miami, fl
    Posts
    7,271
    Thanked
    8150 times
    Quote Originally Posted by akitainu View Post
    Congrats on the FNS-9c!

    The Trijicon HD sights are a quality upgrade. I moved all my Glocks to them over the holidays. The FNSc will wear them eventually, but I don't mind the stock sights enough to make it a priority.

    I know some folks have swapped the mag release button on the compact for the full size mag button. I was initially going to do the same, but it's become a non issue (for me) with use. But it looks a fairly easy/cheap mod if desired.

    Other than those two things, there isn't much I can think of. The FNSc is one of the best out of the box pistols I've put my hands on. It's just gotten better the more rounds I've put through it. Pair it up with a good holster, and it's a hell of a carry gun.

    Yes the price os the sights are almost what I paid for the gun!!! Expensive but wothy I'm sure.
    akitainu and Smurky thanked this.

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Posts
    579
    Thanked
    258 times
    You can probably find some "how to" instructions, elsewhere in this part of the FNS section of FN Forum, showing tips and guides to easy modifications to the trigger -- and bunches of seemingly GOOD examples and instructions on YouTube.

    The SEARCH process is your friend, both here and on YouTube.
    Troublesx10 and ohsheepdog thanked this.

  11. #10
    FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    LESTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MICHIGAN
    Posts
    10,423
    Thanked
    23584 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublesx10 View Post
    Last week picked up a fns-9c for my birthday. now I'm in the process of trying to increase performance of this new noise maker. Looking for guidance on what people like or don't like with their carry/ or fns/ or fns9c and some suggestions to correct.
    I see your wanting to modify it have you shot it yet? Personally I don't see anything wrong with it other than the sights! Drop a few drops of ALG Go-Juice Lubricant down in the firing mechanism and go shoot a couple hundred rounds!
    akitainu, Smurky, FNS1965 and 1 others thanked this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Beat the FN price increase!
    By A Gun For You in forum A Gun For You
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2012, 05:38 PM
  2. Price increase coming!!
    By snakeman in forum FN SCAR 17S
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-18-2011, 11:24 PM
  3. Looks like prices are going to increase 9% on scars
    By MP_OHIO in forum FN SCAR 16S
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2011, 06:46 PM
  4. Looks like prices are going to increase 9% on scars
    By MP_OHIO in forum FN SCAR 17S
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-07-2011, 09:20 AM
  5. Price Increase?
    By CHICAGO TYPEWRITER in forum Handgun Room
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 08:37 PM