Google Search
Thanks Tree5Thanks
  • 2 Post By Mos
  • 1 Post By WaltSherrill
  • 1 Post By Buffman
  • 1 Post By WaltSherrill

Thread: Striker return spring for 9c

Striker return spring for 9c

Looking for a replacement striker return spring for my 9c. I was told by FN that it would take 3 weeks just to place my order and another 1-2 weeks to ship it. Midwest doesn't have the part in stock. Anyone aware of a compatable spring or place to get replacements faster? This was my CC but afraid it may go up for sale if parts are this hard to get.

Very sad situation. FN is slowly going to kill themselves with this attitude about parts. They have a very small devoted customer base, you'd think they'ed treat it well.

Mos
    I had a similar issue with my FNS, I needed a striker spring guide. It took 6 calls and over 4 1/2 months to get a replacement part. I bought 2 just in case I lost another guide. The shipping was 1 1/2 times more expensive as the 2 parts I needed. Only good thing about the deal is they said it would take 2-4 weeks for it to arrive, and it showed up in 3 days. They decided to step off into the private sector market, but it seems like their not willing to do what is necessary to serve the needs of their smaller customers. They need to fix this or they will be just another BIG company that doesn't give a damn about the people that are buying their products. I really hope they get on the ball because like you, if something doesn't change I'll be selling mine also and going with someone else that believes in customer service for ALL its customers. They need to take lessons from Glock about after market support and service, Sig also has great customer service from the dealings I've had with them. Come on FN, get on the ball before you drop it.
    FNS1965 and villdetwink thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mos
    Sig also has great customer service from the dealings I've had with them.
    Your comments about FNH seem valid -- and they do need to make some changes. Until there are more users of FNH weapons out there, however, you're not going to see after-market support. FNH can't really have the sort of influence that hundreds of thousands of buyers can create.

As for SIG -- yes and no. If you have one of their high-end guns, like a P-210 or an X-Five, getting something as simple as a recoil spring can be a challenge. I once waited over a year for a P-210 magazine, and finally cancelled the order. Later sold the gun. The LOW VOLUME of those parts makes getting them difficult.
    villdetwink thanked this.

I see FN as being where CZ was 10 years ago.

Hard to find parts, magazines only in one or two places, very little factory support or aftermarket parts and gunsmithing.
    Now there are several full custom shops for CZ's, several very active forums and Facebook groups. Videos on all aspects of gunsmithing readily available and parts are just a few days of shipping away.
    I think if FN realizes more support means more sales means more support means more sales....

You try calling the FN pro shop. I can PM you his email. They are not supporting vendors on here, so they can't openly advertise. Why do you need a new spring? Did you lose it?

Quote Originally Posted by oldfrank
    I see FN as being where CZ was 10 years ago.
    I've made that same argument, as well. CZ-USA was about as new 7-8 years ago as the FN production facility in SC is now, but the CZ unit didn't have ANY production capabilities. It did have to get parts shipped in from overseas (and in a few cases -- got springs from Wolff Springs.)

Learning how to sell handguns in the U.S. market seems to be different than elsewhere in the world, and the management here may not be experienced in that way. Hopefully, there is a new emphasis with the introduction of the 509.
    Last edited by WaltSherrill; 05-01-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mos View Post
    I had a similar issue with my FNS, I needed a striker spring guide. It took 6 calls and over 4 1/2 months to get a replacement part. I bought 2 just in case I lost another guide. The shipping was 1 1/2 times more expensive as the 2 parts I needed. Only good thing about the deal is they said it would take 2-4 weeks for it to arrive, and it showed up in 3 days. They decided to step off into the private sector market, but it seems like their not willing to do what is necessary to serve the needs of their smaller customers. They need to fix this or they will be just another BIG company that doesn't give a damn about the people that are buying their products. I really hope they get on the ball because like you, if something doesn't change I'll be selling mine also and going with someone else that believes in customer service for ALL its customers. They need to take lessons from Glock about after market support and service, Sig also has great customer service from the dealings I've had with them. Come on FN, get on the ball before you drop it.
    Very disheartening!!! Purchased a new FN9C a few months ago. Hopefully they can get it together before I may need some replacement parts. Seems like they run their company like Taurus. Very bad!!!

I am new to FN pistols as well...recently picked up a FNS9 and 9C.
    MGW seems to have every part listed, but it appears that basically all small parts are out of stock.
    From what I gather this is, usual?
    But, as mentioned above when I got into CZs a few years ago it was difficult to find parts until CGW/CZC came around.

Hopefully, parts availability will improve!

For CZs, Cajun Gun Works also has parts, and has springs made to David Milam's specifications. That a good source for CZ support and some small parts.

Sponsored Links