Where are all the FNS-9C w/NS non-MS?

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree13Thanks

Thread: Where are all the FNS-9C w/NS non-MS?

Where are all the FNS-9C w/NS non-MS?

So recently, well last month, I picked up an FNS9 and absolutely love it...it has quickly become my favorite striker-fired pistol.

My LGS had a FNS-9C with standard 3-Dots and a Manual Safety...it felt great in hand, but I want the version with Night Sights and No MS.
    I went ahead and had them order one. I went in to pick it up last week and the distributor had shipped the wrong pistol.
    They shipped the model that my LGS already had, and I did not want.
    When my LGS contacted them, they said they were out of the model I ordered, and for some reason just shipped the standard version.

So, that was a week ago...I do try to shop locally, but I should have just ordered one online.
    Now I have to wait, as they already have my funds since I had them special order it.

I see them around online, so I am not sure why the distributor is having difficulty finding one.
    Ugh...

Hopefully I will get some good news soon...as I got ahead of myself and already have a holster, additional pinky extension and mag sleeve for it.

I hope you are all having a swell day!

*Just for clarification I have done business with my LGS for years, so I don't think they made the error, nor do I think they are trying to pull a fast one on me.

**Update 4/19: Got a call from the LGS stating their distributor has them back in stock.
    Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by villdetwink; 04-30-2017 at 10:00 PM.
    FNS1965 thanked this.

i'm not 100% sure but i think the one you seek is the LE version. doesn't mean a non-LE person can't buy it but i would look at an FN LE Dealer to see of they have it in stock. i have this version myself and thats where i got it from.
    villdetwink thanked this.

Thanks street doctor, however I am not looking for the Law Enforcement model.
    There are two models in the configuration I am looking for. Model: 66792LE (LE Only) and Model: 66720
    street doctor thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

And, on the other hand (... I know, I know -- there's four fingers and a thumb...), if you decide to go ahead and get the safety-equipped model instead of waiting for the right one, you can just ignore the safety.

If you do that, you've not really been hurt (unless you're forced to pay more -- which ought to be negotiable), you likely would never really notice a difference in function, and you might even have a gun that's a bit easier to sell, someday, should you ever choose to do that.
    Last edited by WaltSherrill; 04-12-2017 at 05:36 PM.

WaltSherrill...I have no problem with thumb safeties, I have shot 1911s for years.
    However, for a small compact striker-fire pistol, I prefer no manual safety... just the chance that I could inadvertently engage the safety and end up fumbling in an emergency is a no go for me. I had a M&P Shield a couple years ago, and on several occasions the manual safety had engaged without me realizing it.
    Yes, I could train with the safety...but, personal opinion...I don't want one.
    FNS1965 thanked this.

Purchased mine a few months back from Deguns.net. It does not have the thumb safety . Has standard sights. $465.00 Fee shipping.

I understand your point. Your experience is different than mine. I've had several gun (including a Ruger SR9c) with safeties, and I've mever had the problem of a safety in the OFF position moving to the ON position. (The other way, a time or two...)

I suspect I would have used Loc-Tite if I had that experience.

I got mine at a gun show last July. It's the LE version with NMS and NS. I just went on the FNH site and looked for my model number - 66793 - and it doesn't show because it's the two-tone version. What is now listed is the Blk/Blk (66794). As a matter of fact all the models listed are Blk/Blk. I believe that FNH is not making the two-tones any longer.
    FNS 9, FNS 9C

someone just posted one of these guns you seek in the EE for sale although his price is full retail for a used gun.

Thanks street doctor, but it looks like that one is a full size.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links