FN Forum

Google Search
Thanks Tree8Thanks
  • 1 Post By Fns9nw
  • 4 Post By dank
  • 3 Post By WaltSherrill

Thread: Fns9 promblems

Fns9 promblems

Finally got to shoot my new fns9. Had multiple problems with only 50 rounds through it. This is my second hand gun and planned on being my edc. Had several double feeds some fte. Will go out again soon just got discouraged. I used blazer 115 . I will try some 124 next. I racked the slide last night over and over. Not sure when I'll get out again but will update when I do. I have read the other posts and will try the suggestions I've found. I'm new to here but read several posts before I went with the fns9 in 9mm.
    villdetwink thanked this.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Welcome to the forum, sorry about your problems with your FNS.. Few questions, Did you clean and lubricate the firearm before shooting? since this is your second hand gun are you sure you have a correct grip on the FNS? failure to do so can cause FTE, I would try using some different ammo and if the problem still persists I would have someone else try a few rounds with it to see if the same problem is there.

What dank said...

New, different guns, can cause problems -- if only because they're different.

Make sure that when you're firing the gun you have a locked wrist. It isn't necessary to hold the gun itself in a "death's grip" but it is important that the frame of the gun be held firmly so that when the slide slams to the rear, it has a solid base against which to press. If possible, have another (hopefully experienced) shooter shoot the gun to see if he has the same problems with it. He may not.

Failures to extract and double feeds are sometimes caused by extractor problems -- which could be a GUN issue. But not holding the gun firmly (i.e., "properly" as dank noted) can sometimes cause the same problems, and having others shoot the gun without problems would be an indicator that the problem was your grip. Sometimes out-of-spec ammo can cause problems, as well. Blazer (particularly the aluminum cased type) can cause problems with some guns, but Blazer Brass is generally pretty good. (I've never had problems with Blazer aluminum-cased ammo in a wide variety of guns...) If you can pick up a box of a different brand of ammo, that might be worth while.

Try the Blazer you had been using and see if a different grip solves the problem. If it doesn't try a magazine or two of the 124 gr. ammo. If there's still no improvement, have the other shooter try the gun.

If you both experience the same issues USING DIFFERENT AMMO, it may be time to call FNH Customer Service.
    dank, villdetwink and Smurky thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

As you would ease the springs on a magazine by keeping them fully loaded for a while, locking your slide back during storage eases the recoil spring to where your 9 would shoot like its fired 500 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by expo
    ...locking your slide back during storage eases the recoil spring to where your 9 would shoot like its fired 500 rounds
    True. But just do it for a week or so, at most, before you try it again. If you keep it locked back too long, the recoil spring may die an early death.

I learned from my match shooting that a full loaded magazine will sometimes try to load the following round because there is to much pressure. So instead of a full loaded 17 round mag I go with a 16 round loaded mag. Problem solved. Has been feeding perfect ever since.

Sponsored Links