Review of the FNS 40 - Page 2

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks Tree2Thanks

Thread: Review of the FNS 40

Quote Originally Posted by radgeek View Post
    Just got my FNS-40 Monday. I love it. The recoil is quite manageable. My only complaint is that it came with only two backstraps (straight and curved) with the aggressive checkering. It did not have 4 including the kind with lines like the FNX comes with. Overall, a great sidearm. The trigger breaks cleanly and the reset is easy to feel. I had 5 shot groups touching at 7 yards once I got used to the trigger feel. I like it better than my FNX-40 (which has been traded.) I highly recommend it. I was lucky to find it and get it in as they are out of stock almost anywhere you look online. The guys at the range/shop were all over it once they saw it. They liked it quite a bit as well (I let them each have a go.) I should also mention that the mags are exactly the same as the FNX-40 mags (.40 S&W/.357 Sig).
    Can you fit an FNX backstrap on the FNS, or did they redesign the way they lock into the frame?

I certainly hope so. I prefer the serrated backstrap on my FNX, which apparently does not come with the FNS.
    Director:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife.
    -Justice Oliver Wendel Holmes
    Brown v. United States, 1921

Quote Originally Posted by B52U View Post
    Can you fit an FNX backstrap on the FNS, or did they redesign the way they lock into the frame?
    It certainly looks like the same design although I did not try it and the FNX is gone. I will try it at the gun shop and report back. I can say that the fit on the FNS backstrap is much tighter than the FNX which is a good thing. The serrated (that's the word I was looking for) backstrap was my preference so maybe I can call FN and see if they will send me one.
    Non Nobis Domine Non Nobis
    Sed Nomini Tuo Da Gloriam.

FN Herstal FNS-40
    SIG-Sauer 1911 C3
    SIG-Sauer 1911 Tac Ops
    SIG-Sauer P220 Carry SAO
    Remington 1911 R-1
    H&K P30 9mm

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by radgeek View Post
    It certainly looks like the same design although I did not try it and the FNX is gone. I will try it at the gun shop and report back. I can say that the fit on the FNS backstrap is much tighter than the FNX which is a good thing. The serrated (that's the word I was looking for) backstrap was my preference so maybe I can call FN and see if they will send me one.
    I'll be shooting the FNS 40 of a friend next week (hope he knows I'm bringing 500rnds!), and I'll be able to directly compare it to a G23 w/3.5lb connector and the XDm. Will give my thoughts at that time.

Will also have my FNX with me, so I can check the backstrap interchangeability, as well.
    Director:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife.
    -Justice Oliver Wendel Holmes
    Brown v. United States, 1921

I did call FN USA but the phone support folks did not know very much about the FNS at all. They did tell me that it does only come with the two back straps, according to their catalog. I hope to try the FNX back straps this weekend to see if they do fit. I did get a chance to put another 50 rounds through it and at 300 rounds it has been flawless. I really do like the trigger a lot. It is entirely predictable every time. At least for me, it allows for very consistent groupings. If only it could make the shooter's aim as consistent.
    Non Nobis Domine Non Nobis
    Sed Nomini Tuo Da Gloriam.

FN Herstal FNS-40
    SIG-Sauer 1911 C3
    SIG-Sauer 1911 Tac Ops
    SIG-Sauer P220 Carry SAO
    Remington 1911 R-1
    H&K P30 9mm

The back straps are not interchangeable. They look very similar but the FNS is slightly shorter than the FNX. Both my FNS and FNX have firm fitting back straps. The sights ARE interchangeable.
    rvrctyrngr and adwright2012 thanked this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links