Fns-45??

FN Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fns-45??

Fns-45??

Any hope of a Glock 21 competitor?

FNP/FNX-45 hands down wins the beauty contest. Glock is an ugly *****.

..are you being serious and don't know much about firearms...trying to stir the pot...or are clueless.
    <---- On 2/24/12, became tired of trying to have an ingenious quote!

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Hey, the Glock may be ugly...but she will make you dinner, wash your underwear and go BANG every-time.
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.” - Richard Adams, Watership Down

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” - Hunter S. Thompson

Senior Member WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN BADGES hyperdog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by akitainu View Post
    go BANG every-time.
    So has my FNP-45 and all of my other weapons (none of which are Glock). What's your point?
    Be cool and eat fruit!

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperdog View Post
    So has my FNP-45 and all of my other weapons (none of which are Glock). What's your point?
    I was just saying looks aren't everything. I have absolutely nothing against the FNP. I plan on owning one by summer. I wasn't trying to pick a fight. I will now light a vanilla scented candle as penance for my transgressions.
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.” - Richard Adams, Watership Down

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” - Hunter S. Thompson

Yeah, Glock will "go Bang every-time". I believe they are very remarkable firearms.

I also have never had a malfunction in either my .45 or .45T. There are so many manufacturers now days nothing really seems new and innovative.

Glock arrived on the scene at the perfect time. The U.S. Military and law enforcement were transitioning from the 1911 and .38 into the Beretta 92 variants.
    When Glock jumped into the market the innovation was leaps and bounds ahead of the competition. Now days every manufacturer is employing pretty much
    the same technological advances, and an extra couple of rounds isn't enough to change opinions. Especially when Glock has been in the hands of professionals
    who have experienced it's reliability. The FNP/FNX , an amazing firearm itself, and while employing technological advances, didn't provide that leap in innovation
    that Glock did when it jumped on the scene. I believe that is the same problem that has faced the SCAR in it's battle with the AR platform. The advances that
    the Scar demonstrate were cheaply manufactured and adopted to the AR platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Beret View Post
    FNP/FNX-45 hands down wins the beauty contest. Glock is an ugly *****.

..are you being serious and don't know much about firearms...trying to stir the pot...or are clueless.
    Not sure about clueless. I don't like DA/SA. I'd buy a striker fire .45, an FNS-45 in a skinny minute. Therefore my question remains, any word of an FNS-45? btw, I've had 8 Glocks. Great reliable guns. 65% of law enforcement has one. But yes, the FN makes a purtier gun.

Quote Originally Posted by motorjon68 View Post
    Not sure about clueless. I don't like DA/SA. I'd buy a striker fire .45, an FNS-45 in a skinny minute. Therefore my question remains, any word of an FNS-45? btw, I've had 8 Glocks. Great reliable guns. 65% of law enforcement has one. But yes, the FN makes a purtier gun.
    Motorjon let me apologize now. I understand your question after your explanation and see you weren't trying to stir the pot. I don't think FN needs to compete with an FNS-45, but they are coming. Striker fired Glocks have the competition beat hands down on accidental discharges. OK, all bad jokes aside. It will be hard to compete with something that is already cemented in LE. At least in sales. I truly feel that FN should go back to the drawing board and come up with a new and innovative safety for striker fired handguns. That will be the only way I feel any manufacturer will ever compete with Glock on a national level. Even though the best safety is your own mental faculty.

The pink Glock. Probably seen before, ), but 0:40 secs in makes it a classic.
    Last edited by Green Beret; 03-04-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Beret View Post
    Motorjon let me apologize now. I understand your question after your explanation and see you weren't trying to stir the pot. I don't think FN needs to compete with an FNS-45, but they are coming. Striker fired Glocks have the competition beat hands down on accidental discharges. OK, all bad jokes aside. It will be hard to compete with something that is already cemented in LE. At least in sales. I truly feel that FN should go back to the drawing board and come up with a new and innovative safety for striker fired handguns. That will be the only way I feel any manufacturer will ever compete with Glock on a national level. Even though the best safety is your own mental faculty.

The pink Glock. Probably seen before, ), but 0:40 secs in makes it a classic.
    this is why there is guns without a trigger safety
    FNP 45 OD
    Five Seven FDE
    PS90 OD
    FS2000 OD
    GSG 22 AK47
    Remington R1 Enhanced
    Sig P250

Fns-45 15+1 makes me feel great! Every bit as reliable as a Glock!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links