FNS-9 Trigger Questions

FN Forum

Google Search

FNS-9 Trigger Questions

After lots of research, I recently purchased a brand new FNS-9 as my first handgun. It looks and feels great, and I can't wait to get it out to the range. Over the last couple of days I've been dry-firing the gun and I've began to notice something about the trigger. I have read about the trigger being gritty when new, but to me the trigger feels "stage-y". Let me try to explain. As I pull the trigger it seems to come to a rough spot, then it gives way (kind of like a light trigger break), and finally moves all the way back before reaching the actual break point.

I've shot maybe 200 rounds through a Glock and an M&P before, but because it was in a competitive setting, I don't recall a similar feel.

So a couple of questions: Is the "stage-y" trigger normal? Will it smooth itself out? Is there anything that can be polished to remove the false trigger break? Any other insight on the issue?

Thanks in advance.

-Pawel

That trigger "stage-y" is normal. Im currently At 668rds and that feeling is still there. Maybe a gunsmith can fix that for you if it bothers you enough.

I have a new FNS-9 that I purchased last week and when firing it for the first time I noticed tha same thing you did. Trigger has some take-up, then it starts to fully cock the striker, breaks and fires the shot. I actually had a rough spot after the take-up that was causing me to jerk shots off target. After 130 rounds fired and some dry firing the rough spot seems to have smoothed out to the point that I actually like the trigger pull. I'll have to shoot it again this week to make sure the rough spot doesn't reappear.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Similar problem on five-seven

I have a five-seven and have noticed a similar "catch" on my trigger. I found it is from the magazine pushing the trigger linkage (I don't know if that's the correct term) to the side, where there is a groove that it drops into as it slides backwards. You can prove this by taking the barrel off and pulling the trigger with and without a magazine in, and then without a magazine in, push the linkage to the side.

Any thoughts? Is this the same cause on the FNS-9? If so, I don't think any reasonable amount of shooting will break it in. The trigger is fairly rough as well.

Sponsored Links