New to FNS - Page 2

FN Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to FNS

Tkruf, Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new pistol. I would like to know the pros and cons of the Kahr PM9 pistol you traded? Was the Kahr a good quality pistol? Was there any ammo that did not function well in the pistol? Did you get a good trade-in price? Thanks for your time.
    Ex cineribus resurgam

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan71 View Post
    Tkruf, Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new pistol. I would like to know the pros and cons of the Kahr PM9 pistol you traded? Was the Kahr a good quality pistol? Was there any ammo that did not function well in the pistol? Did you get a good trade-in price? Thanks for your time.
    The Kahr was a good little gun. I liked it and used it as a primary carry for quite a while switching off with a Ruger LCR. I've never had any problems with any ammo I've put through the Kahr. I have fairly small hands so the Kahr was a good fit, especially with the pinky extension style mags. The PM9 I had was the two tone with night sights so actually was valued higher than the FNS, however I was to the point that I now only occasionally care the Ruger LCR (when I want to carry with less chance of being made out), but mostly carry the Glock 26 now, and wasn't carrying the Kahr anymore (rarely). I've been wanting to get a more medium - full size gun (in 9mm) and had been looking at the FNH and Ruger SR9 when the opportunity came up. Someone had the FNS-9 up for trade and was looking for a small sub compact 9mm. I offered him the Kahr in trade and met him the next day to get the FNS.

The Kahr might have been valued dollar to dollar more than the FNS but I feel I got a good deal. I got what I wanted, with no manual safety and night sights. Went from a small gun with night sights, 3 (6 round) mags, to a medium sized gun with night sights and 3 (17 round mags).

I'm looking forward to trying out the FNS tomorrow, then I'll be holster hunting. I'm leaning toward the Kydex Tech Gunfighter. I like OWB holsters, kydex, and something that holds the gun up snug against me, not hanging out an inch from my side creating a bigger bulge under my shirt.

If you're thinking about a Kahr PM9, I wouldn't try to persuade you against them. They are nice guns, mine was reliable. I had a CW9 also that the frame cracked around the trigger pin. Couldn't even see the crack, it was so small. The trigger pin started working it's way out. I sent it to Kahr and they swapped every part over to a new frame and sent it back. That didn't change my mind about the PM9 thought. It seemed to hold up just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan71 View Post
    I own a PM9 and a CM9. Both fantastic guns.
    My favorite compact 9's, and I've owned most.

I would recommend you consider the CM9 over the PM9.
    The differences between the two don't substantiate the difference in cost.
    The CM9 can be found for less than $400 all day long.

Lot of info here.
    PM and CM Series Pistols - KahrTalk Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links