FNS Compacts/Subcompacts

FN Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thanks Tree10Thanks

Thread: FNS Compacts/Subcompacts

FNS Compacts/Subcompacts

Well, at least they took them out of their 2014 catalogs! What tools. What happend to FN. Man they used to be responsive back when Bob Ailes was over there.

I called today and the guy on the phone stated they had no current plans for the compact, as they couldn't keep up with demand. But they released Another plan old AR15 with an FN sticker on the side. Unreal.

Yeah, I'm frustrated.
    Swift516 and toddzilla36 thanked this.

Me too. We just transitioned to the 5" for duty. It would be nice to have a compact for carry. Glocks biggest advantage is you can carry the same platform in uniform, plain clothes, or off duty. As much as I like the FN I don't think it is a suitable LE weapon until it can fill both concealed and duty roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Well, at least they took them out of their 2014 catalogs! What tools. What happend to FN. Man they used to be responsive back when Bob Ailes was over there.

I called today and the guy on the phone stated they had no current plans for the compact, as they couldn't keep up with demand. But they released Another plan old AR15 with an FN sticker on the side. Unreal.

Yeah, I'm frustrated.
    Doesn't FN make AR15s for the US military? I think it was easy for them to decide to sell AR15s to the civ market since probably the milirtary has cutback on buying since the sequester and all that so then they can sell all the AR15 they were going to give to the military. Also they do have bunch of orders for SCAR in other countries and they sell so fast in the civ market so it doesn't surprise me that they can't keep up with demand. So I understand them not having a compact yet however fustrating it can be.
    Gers4Lyfe thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post

Yeah, I'm frustrated.
    They let go of him and let Browning take over CS.

And then it all went to ****.

And now I have a lost a lot of respect for them.
    DRJ thanked this.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
    The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
    Plural opinions don't equate to truth.

I throw sub-MOA rocks.

Stop relying on others to do the work for you. Challenge the brainwashed.
    Shoot more, worry less.

This is what happens when the Belgian's have too much say on what goes on in their US counterpart. It'd be interesting to hear what the results of the customer interview thing was. FN seems to be going more towards the 3-gun crowd than anything else.
    -Dan

"I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker."
    Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by djv38 View Post
    This is what happens when the Belgian's have too much say on what goes on in their US counterpart. It'd be interesting to hear what the results of the customer interview thing was. FN seems to be going more towards the 3-gun crowd than anything else.
    Actually, they're going where a smart military manufacturer should: Law Enforcement.

You say "Three Gun Crowd" but they say "One stop contract for long barrel, shotgun, AR and sidearm when it comes time to issue a new departmental purchase order."

FN isn't a civilian manufacturer pumping out the flavor of the week to the mouth-breathing masses, and they aren't trying to convince militaries that their products are up to standard. They don't play the ShotShow game like the other manufacturers (i.e. "We need a new product so we have something to display at ShotShow, so make a cosmetic change to last year's model and toss it out there...we'll sell a million of em!") and only appear there when they actually have a product. EVERYTHING FN makes is milspec; they don't make guns for people...they make firearms for governments and law enforcement agencies that they happen to sell to civilians. Everyone wants a sub/compact...FN knows it. FN also never rushes anything to market just because people want it; engineering seems to be a rather high priority with them. If they have a design and a the production capacity, it'll come along as soon as it's able. Until then, smart business dictates that you stick with the bread and butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalis View Post
    Actually, they're going where a smart military manufacturer should: Law Enforcement.

You say "Three Gun Crowd" but they say "One stop contract for long barrel, shotgun, AR and sidearm when it comes time to issue a new departmental purchase order."

FN isn't a civilian manufacturer pumping out the flavor of the week to the mouth-breathing masses, and they aren't trying to convince militaries that their products are up to standard. They don't play the ShotShow game like the other manufacturers (i.e. "We need a new product so we have something to display at ShotShow, so make a cosmetic change to last year's model and toss it out there...we'll sell a million of em!") and only appear there when they actually have a product. EVERYTHING FN makes is milspec; they don't make guns for people...they make firearms for governments and law enforcement agencies that they happen to sell to civilians. Everyone wants a sub/compact...FN knows it. FN also never rushes anything to market just because people want it; engineering seems to be a rather high priority with them. If they have a design and a the production capacity, it'll come along as soon as it's able. Until then, smart business dictates that you stick with the bread and butter.

Smart business dictates that you follow through on what you start. Smart business dictates that you don't say a product is coming out 6 years before it "does" but actually doesn't. Finally, this stupid military and LEO game is a waaaay smaller market than the civilian market in potential market. Don't really think the onslaught of military contracts caused the recent shortage in the industry. It really seems all the European manufactures have a similar "You suck and "HK" hates you, mindset.

Lastly, if FN is not trying to pump out the flavor of the week, they need to just quit altogether then and stop pretending like they are. They obviously are interested in the money, don't be naive.
    djv38 thanked this.

Compacts are a big part of the game with LE. Think for a second the Glock 22 for duty with a 23 or 27 for concealed carry/ back up gun isn't a huge factor when it comes to agency purchases.

I have a question and don't want to start a thread over it. I can't find or get a clear answer. Couldn't get past Security guard on phone at FN, and think he may have given me wrong information. Are the fnx .40 and fns .40 magazines interchangeable ? There is a sale on and I'm not clear on the posting of the ad and want to make sure before I purchase. Security Guard on phone at FN said they weren't, but there is an advertisement for mags that sounds like they are. Sorry 4 a question that I believe should have a findable answer for me. Thanks !

The FNX 40 and FNS 40 mags are the same. The 9's are not
    Canyon Man thanked this.
    -Dan

"I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker."
    Voltaire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links