fns or fnx

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree3Thanks

Thread: fns or fnx

fns or fnx

Hey y'all, im looking at buying my first new fn handgun, the only one I have right now is a mid 40's fn hi power I stumbled across, and I am impressed with the company throughly, but down to brass tacks.
    I am either going to get the fnx or the fns 40, and I have been trying to find out what brand of night sights are on the fns stock, I am leaning towards the fnx since its similar to my hi power, but if I can get the fns with good quality sights ill live with a striker fire, just wanna make sure I spend my check from Mr Sam right!
    Thank y'all for the help.

FNS comes with honest to goodness Trijicon sights. As to a comparison, both have their advantages for you to choose from. The FNX gives the SA/DA that a lot of people desire (as well as a good ole fashioned hammer), while the FNS is slightly lower profile and softer shooting (thanks to having a lower bore axis than the FNX) with less muzzle flip. Ultimately, it's just a matter of your preferences and tastes.
    ogden5@ thanked this.

You can also find FNX's with Trijicon night sights. Not sure if they were a limited run or what, but I have seen them out there (and the standard non-tritium sights are also Triji's IIRC)
    ogden5@ thanked this.
    -Dan

"I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker."
    Voltaire

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Alright then! Thank you both for the help! I had checked fn's website and everywhere else and couldn't find the answer to my question. My LGS has a new fns for 619 so ill probably get that when my check rolls in.

Quote Originally Posted by ogden5@ View Post
    Alright then! Thank you both for the help! I had checked fn's website and everywhere else and couldn't find the answer to my question. My LGS has a new fns for 619 so ill probably get that when my check rolls in.
    You will be happy with a fns. Plus this way you have a da/sa and striker fired trigger systems.

High plains gunshop has them for $479 shipped, add 2.5% if you use a credit card
    -Dan

"I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker."
    Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by djv38 View Post
    High plains gunshop has them for $479 shipped, add 2.5% if you use a credit card
    With night sights? Thats a crazy good deal

Thats insane cheap! That the fns or fnx, just checked a few shops here and the least expensive X I could find was 649 with trijicon sights, and S was 619, one shop wanted 750 for the FNS here

There have been some awesome deals out there on the FNS and FNX, but they seem to be drying up now. I think FN may have blown some out with big volume discounts. The last two I bought were from MGW....a FNS-40 with night sights and a FNX-9 with regular sights were $400 each and they shipped them together for $40 along with extra mags for $19.95 each! In my opinion it was one of the best buys I've ever come across for new handguns.

As far as which I prefer between the FNS or FNX.....right now I'd give a very slight nod to the FNS, but I'm very happy with both.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links