FNS-9 Case Questions

FN Forum

Google Search
Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By akitainu

Thread: FNS-9 Case Questions

FNS-9 Case Questions

FNS-9Case.jpg

Hello all. I just picked up an fns-9 as my first handgun. I have about 100 rounds through it so far, I absolutely love it although I don't shoot as well as I do with a Glock. Practice will fix that i'm hoping! Anyway, as you can see; I modified the factory FNH case with some foam so I can add the fn lock in addition to the external lock I have on there.(I don't plan on using both all the time, it would take to long in an emergency I'd imagine) Does anyone else actually use the lock provided by fn? It is impossible to use combined with the factory case... So ultimately my question is: how to you store your fns at home?

Thanks all.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Welcome and congrats on the FNS!

I've never used any of those locks. I have a drawer full. If I looped them all together I suppose I could use them as a boat anchor...or maybe a wicked cat o' nine tails. I keep everything (well mostly everything) in the safe.
    BigBuckeyeGuy thanked this.
    “No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it up to forced consciousness expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.” ― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

I've heard the locks are required to come with new weapons by law. Hopefully one day I have a drawer full.

Thanks for the input

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Nope, don't use the locks. I like the foam idea though.
    -Dan

"I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker."
    Voltaire

I have a small gun safe where most of my guns are stored. Since I no longer have kids in the house I keep a Glock Model 19 (full magazine in place but the chamber empty) and a 600 lumens flashlight on my night stand. I just bought an FNS-9 which I an handling a lot and dry firing a bunch. It may replace the Glock on my nightstand eventually.

OP, I sincerely hope you build a drawer full of locks. Congratulations on your new FNS!

Meant to mention in my last post, but I do like your idea of foam in the carry case. Looks good and is probably very functional.

Foam looks good. I usually keep my guns separate from the factory case so I can keep them in good condition in case I sell the gun. I have no kids at home and keep my FNS9 in my nightstand, in condition one with the safety on.

Sponsored Links