I have an unusual—okay, weird—question... - Page 5

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thanks Tree16Thanks

Thread: I have an unusual—okay, weird—question...

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdogged View Post
    Find me one school, instructor, or book where the standard operating procedure after cycling a round into the chamber is to check a LCI or do a press check. I've never heard of that.
    Here are 4 current well respected instructors who teach the press check, some I've taken some I haven't, but this should give you an idea.

Pat Rogers
    Paul Howe
    Pat McNamara
    Frank Proctor

There are plenty more, but this should get you started.

[QUOTE=Bluemonday;755013]
    Quote Originally Posted by An Angry Hamster View Post

Thank you for your service to our nation and the internet.
    I don't want, nor need your thanx for doing what everyone should do. And I have never served the internet. Nice try at derailing the conversation though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemonday View Post
    Because we don't know for sure the round was chambered. Magazine may not have fully seated despite performing a push-click-pull upon insertion, or the user may have short stroked the slide. It doesn't hurt anything to use the LCI.

When unloading it is customary to check for an empty chamber after racking the slide to extract and eject the chambered round, so this is just the inverse when loading.
    You mean to tell me that there are actually people on this planet that will slap a mag into their weapon, then try to pull the thing back out without hitting the release? Oh, I can just imagine how many weekend warriors in this world have wrecked their mag releases putting their more than likely considerably large backsides into trying to get it to come out. If you put a mag in, hear the click and then have to take precious time pulling and grunting to make sure the mag won't come back, just give up and pick up some rocks and start throwing them. You would be better off in the long run.

As far as 'short stroking the slide' goes, you do realize we aren't talking about teenage masturbation here right? We are actually discussing using a semi-automatic weapon and if you or anyone else cannot realize they haven't pulled the slide completely to the rear, please go to the Dollar General and pick up a few sling shots, you'll be better off.

You Tacti-Cool guys are really fking hilarious. I would pay good money to see folks like you in a real combat situation, the levels of comedy and tragedy would only be equaled by watching a special on Sam Kinison or World War II atrocities. After much consideration and research, based on a combination of your paranoia or lack of good common sense, I believe I have found an appropriate manual for you and folks like you to carry and use firearms. Here is a link to a video version of the manual:

Last edited by An Angry Hamster; 05-28-2015 at 10:10 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Here are 4 current well respected instructors who teach the press check, some I've taken some I haven't, but this should give you an idea.

Pat Rogers
    Paul Howe
    Pat McNamara
    Frank Proctor

Respected by whom? If you can show me an endorsement from the United States Marine Corp, United States Army, or United States Navy Seals, then I will consider them well respected, until then.....

It's not a matter of firearm reliability, it's a matter of user error.

Absolutely not. This is during administrative loading and unloading only.
    Excuse me but wtf is administrative loading and unloading?

Pat Rogers
    Paul Howe
    Pat McNamara
    Frank Proctor

I see what you're doing. I'm not personally challenging the press check, what I'm challenging is using LCI or a press check immediately after cycling a round. I can't remember where I read it, but I also heard that a press check can do damage. At the very least it risks not going back into battery if it's not followed up with tapping or pressing the back of the slide forward.

In any event, I stand by what I said regarding LCIs. Unless they make them 100% foolproof and universally designed, they're dangerous in my opinion. All guns are loaded. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by An Angry Hamster View Post
    Excuse me but wtf is administrative loading and unloading?
    As I understand it, administrative handling is whatever you do to manipulate your weapon, especially when not actually in a gunfight.

As I understand it, administrative handling is whatever you do to manipulate your weapon, especially when not actually in a gunfight.
    So, synergistic buzzwords for "maintaining your weapon"...
    Sheepdogged thanked this.

Thanx for clearing that up, I just can't seem to keep up with all of these new fangled terms folks come up with to sound sophisticated. Where I come from that kinda stuff is called, errmmm loading, unloading, and cleaning. Guess I am just weird keeping it simple.
    Sheepdogged thanked this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links