FNS 9 Compact Two Tone/Silver Matte unavailable?

FN Forum

Google Search

FNS 9 Compact Two Tone/Silver Matte unavailable?

Hello everyone, I created this account because I intend to buy an FNS 9 compact in the next few weeks but I am getting conflicting answers about the availability of the two tone/silver matte model. During the release of the FNS 9 compact, FNH released photos of both the black and two tone model. Additionally, several blogs and websites who wrote initial impressions of the compact featured a two tone model as well.

FNS-40C.jpg
    fncompact.jpg

Currently, on FN America's webpage for the FNS 9 compact, it states that the slide is available in both black and silver matte finish. Great news, as I would absolutely prefer the two tone model to the all black version. The problem with that is I have yet to see a single actual owner of a two tone FNS 9c. Anywhere. There aren't any personal photos of the gun available by performing a google image search. Yes, the gun is new, and yes the two tone model should be harder to find...but at least someone ought to have one by now. Curious, I gave FN America customer service a call yesterday. The helpful man on the phone assured me that "the silver matte FNS 9c would be available through order at my local distributor".

But it isn't. I called my LGS and his response as he looked at his distributor's website was not that they were sold out, but that they did not exist. He explained that there was not even a parts number available for anything but the all black FNS 9c. That's weird, I thought. So I called around a little more. Same response from all the shops in my area. This does not seem to be a case of they are hard to find or rare. They do not seem to exist for commercial sale, in my area at the very least (Charlotte, NC). I would love for someone to show up in the comments and provide me with a picture of a two tone FNS 9c that isn't obviously professionally done and pulled from a blog or major website, because I would be more than happy to wait for one if that were the case. Frustrated, I decided to call FN America customer service again today to press a little harder for answers. The customer service rep assured me, over and over again that they were just hard to find even when I told him that the parts number was not even available from all of the distributors my LGS had contacted. He got frustrated, and said "That's just a mistake, that isn't even possible. We have sent out thousands of these things. You just have to be patient." Ironically, he was the one who seemed to be frustrated and losing his patience. I was as courteous and respectful as I could possibly be.

After I hung up, I got the feeling that something just seemed off, sort of fishy. Maybe it were possible that my LGS had made a mistake, but all of them? None of them could even find a parts number for the two tone model? Seems pretty unlikely. If I had to guess, FNH is probably gauging interest in the FNS 9c with the all black model to see if they should even produce the two tone model for commercial sale. And I would be totally fine with that, if that is what they said. I would just wait until they release the two tone model, or even buy an all black model and sell it for a two tone model once it is released. But that is not what is happening. Everyone assures me that I can get one, and yet...no one has one. See for yourself, check out gunbroker.com, or whatever other website or LGS you frequent for firearms and see what you come up with. They aren't sold out, they are no where to be found. Pretty frustrating as a new to FNH perspective buyer. If someone knows something that I don't feel free to fill me in with some information. I'd love to be proven wrong on this one.
    Last edited by mpender9; 07-01-2015 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Removed broken links

I've also been hunting around for a while looking for a matte silver 9mm compact with out any luck either.....

K-C
    If neither of you have any luck, maybe you could buy the all-black model and have the slide exterior sandblasted with ultra-fine grit?. Both models have a stainless steel upper and I would be surprised if the lack of a black finish on the slide exterior would void the (mechanical) warranty. fyi: FNS "Matte Silver" finished upper is actually sandblasted S/S
    Quis costodiet ipsos custodes

NRA Member | Five-seveN Mk II | FNS-9L | FNS-40L

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I've seen one in the wild and they've since edited their site it makes no mention of SS slide hm

The matte stainless silver slide 9c's are still out there. I just picked one up a couple weeks ago at a LGS. Mine has the manual safety and regular 3-dot sights. It was the only bi-tone 9c they had in stock at the time but they had several black versions. I also saw some bi-tone FNX models so it appears that they are still making them..

Sponsored Links