FN Herstal Firearms banner

Picked up an FNS-9C & it's GREAT!

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  GunRover 
#1 ·
I've had the FNS-9C on my list of future acquisitions since it came out. Some time around a month ago it leapfrogged to the top. After a few weeks of searching every day for a deal, I found what I was looking for on GunBroker and shortly after it was in my possession. The whole experience was great!

So today I was able to try it out for the first time. I was shocked by how well it handled. I was expecting a lot of flip and more recoil, but it was quite tame. I shot 85 rounds of three different kinds of ammo: WWB, Sig Sauer Elite Performance and Geco, all of which were 115 gr & functioned flawlessly. I didn't even notice any difference in my accuracy, considering I am used to the longer barreled variant. I was able to knock around soda cans and golf balls at 40+ feet. Our host / range officer explained that he felt like 'an isolationist on Glock island'... he couldn't see passed his own brand. Now he knows there are other options... better options out there.

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Airsoft

See less See more
#8 ·
Congrats! Nice isn't it?
Love mine. I beat the snot out of it and don't show it the love it deserves, but that's what they were designed for. Of all the polymer pistols I've handled, it fits my hand the best. There aren't many single-stacks I can 'love'. The XDs9 is an exception.
Gonna go make this thing dirtier in a few minutes. Buddy just got his first pistol (VP9) so he's itching to try it out.

#10 · (Edited)
I received mine about a week ago. Very well built, great trigger, etc. Reliability is 100% so far (about 300 rounds). The accuracy of this pistol is amazing. It shoots a heck of a lot more precisely than another brand's polymer pistol that I've had a couple of examples of over the years, but which suffers a well-known accuracy problem (I won't mention names).

The FNS-9c grip with the 12 round magazine with pinky extension is just about the right size for me (I'm not as comfortable with the magazine with the flat bottom, but it is functional). The full size magazine is superb, too. I'm at the point where I am thinking about selling a pretty good revolver I've owned for a while to get another full-size FNS-9 (I stupidly let my first one go).

These are great pistols. I like the fact we can get them with or without safeties. I wish parts were more readily available -- magazines, magazine floor plate extensions, magazine sleeves, and recoil springs are user-replaceable parts and should be widely available, even if the company wishes to keep most other parts inside their proprietary reach.

Two days later (13 Feb 16): Another 150 rounds through the FNS-9c this evening. Fantastic accuracy; this is the best I shoot any pistol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.