• 2 Post By MO_Shooter
  • 1 Post By mattb
  • 2 Post By SD44
  • 1 Post By FN-Steve
  • 2 Post By Smurky
  • 1 Post By HwyStarJoe
  • 1 Post By Jagxl1
  • 1 Post By GunRover

Thread: Picked up an FNS-9C & it's GREAT!

Senior Member Magnificent_Stranger's Avatar

Picked up an FNS-9C & it's GREAT!

I've had the FNS-9C on my list of future acquisitions since it came out. Some time around a month ago it leapfrogged to the top. After a few weeks of searching every day for a deal, I found what I was looking for on GunBroker and shortly after it was in my possession. The whole experience was great!

So today I was able to try it out for the first time. I was shocked by how well it handled. I was expecting a lot of flip and more recoil, but it was quite tame. I shot 85 rounds of three different kinds of ammo: WWB, Sig Sauer Elite Performance and Geco, all of which were 115 gr & functioned flawlessly. I didn't even notice any difference in my accuracy, considering I am used to the longer barreled variant. I was able to knock around soda cans and golf balls at 40+ feet. Our host / range officer explained that he felt like 'an isolationist on Glock island'... he couldn't see passed his own brand. Now he knows there are other options... better options out there.

fnh-fns9c-1.png
    LESTER, NurseTom, 9mikemike and 7 others thanked this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    Originally Posted by Ferris2son
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
    .357 Magnum: Because shooting twice is silly

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Congrats! on your new FNS-9C
    SD44, Magnificent_Stranger and Smurky thanked this.

Congrats on the 9c, I have the 40c and it is a pleasure to shoot!
    Magnificent_Stranger and LESTER thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

I have the 40 compact and the recoil is still very tame. The FNS compact is by the easiest gun to grip and fire with just two fingers. I carry with the flush base plate installed and am very comfortable with it.
    Magnificent_Stranger thanked this.

Congrats! I bought one over a year ago and love it. My Glock 19 sits in the safe now.
    LESTER and Magnificent_Stranger thanked this.
    Cheers, SD

Congrats! I love mine...it has exceeded what I expected fit, finish and performance wise.

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    People's Republik of Dane county, Wisconsin
    Congrats on your 9c acquisition!
    Magnificent_Stranger and LESTER thanked this.

Congrats! Nice isn't it?
    Love mine. I beat the snot out of it and don't show it the love it deserves, but that's what they were designed for. Of all the polymer pistols I've handled, it fits my hand the best. There aren't many single-stacks I can 'love'. The XDs9 is an exception.
    Gonna go make this thing dirtier in a few minutes. Buddy just got his first pistol (VP9) so he's itching to try it out.

Congrats, I just picked one up two days ago. Still trying to get out and fire it off for the first time.

I received mine about a week ago. Very well built, great trigger, etc. Reliability is 100% so far (about 300 rounds). The accuracy of this pistol is amazing. It shoots a heck of a lot more precisely than another brand's polymer pistol that I've had a couple of examples of over the years, but which suffers a well-known accuracy problem (I won't mention names).

The FNS-9c grip with the 12 round magazine with pinky extension is just about the right size for me (I'm not as comfortable with the magazine with the flat bottom, but it is functional). The full size magazine is superb, too. I'm at the point where I am thinking about selling a pretty good revolver I've owned for a while to get another full-size FNS-9 (I stupidly let my first one go).

These are great pistols. I like the fact we can get them with or without safeties. I wish parts were more readily available -- magazines, magazine floor plate extensions, magazine sleeves, and recoil springs are user-replaceable parts and should be widely available, even if the company wishes to keep most other parts inside their proprietary reach.

Two days later (13 Feb 16): Another 150 rounds through the FNS-9c this evening. Fantastic accuracy; this is the best I shoot any pistol.
    Last edited by GunRover; 02-13-2016 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Additional comment

Sponsored Links