FNS 9c Mag Release Button Change

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thanks Tree19Thanks

Thread: FNS 9c Mag Release Button Change

I just did this video real quick as there seems to be a lot of people who want to do this.

I will also say I put the fns9c mag release button on my fns9 and love it and then put the mag release button from my fns9 on my 9c and again its perfect.

The pro shop sells different ones for 19.95.

Here it is and hope it helps

Last edited by jhs27275; 08-27-2016 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Add content
    LESTER, Darnette, ohsheepdog and 9 others thanked this.

At the end of the video you state that you noticed the mag didn't drop well and you adjusted the spring just slightly and then it dropped easy. Do you think thats the problem so many people experience with the original buttons? Just a slight adjustment in that spring will bring it to life?

I was thinking about that after I did the video. Yes, I believe so, but there is also another issue I noticed that can be an issue as well.
    If you are unfortunate enough to let the spring jump out you have to be careful putting the spring in because there is a right way and a wrong way.
    If you lay the spring on a table you will notice that it doesn't sit flat. There are two ends that are curved and they need to be facing toward the back strap when put back in otherwise it will cause the button to be hard to push and it will have a catch. Until I noticed this my mags would barely come out and I had to grab the base and pull the mags out. But when I flipped the spring back over it fixed it and then adjusted as you stated and now it drops just like my fn9.
    Last edited by superfrog; 08-28-2016 at 07:54 AM.
    0119 thanked this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

Makes you wonder if the assembler's at the factory know this.....
    ohsheepdog thanked this.

Very good information, my button is tight and mags release but tend to drag out. I chalked this up to being new.

Nice video showing that. Thanks!!!
    AMP PS90 trigger install:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Jan. 20, 2017 FREEDOM!!!

Both of my guns droped the mags easily when new but when I put the spring back in one time, what your experiencing happened. If you adjust that spring up or down a bit it should take care of that.

Superfrog is absolutely right on this one. My mag release spring was accidently put back together backwards and immediately hung up. The takedown of the spring and mag release bar is a no-brainer with the FN 9c, just be sure the curved ends of the spring face back toward the mag well and not toward the front of the lower. Ease the spring in from the top with your index finger a bit, slide in the release bar, center it, and lower the spring with a small flat screwdriver down unti it seats. Thanks much to Superfrog!!
    "If you lay the spring on a table you will notice that it doesn't sit flat. There are two ends that are curved and they need to be facing toward the back strap when put back in otherwise it will cause the button to be hard to push and it will have a catch."
    0119 thanked this.

This is also true for the 40c. I was going to start a whole new thread about mine and then I saw this one. So, if the magazine doesn't "pop" out it could be that the button spring was installed incorrectly? I had a feeling something was up when the magazine on my 40c didn't respond like the magazine on my S&W M&P 40 fs, which pops right out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My God, the mag release buttons on my new FNX45 are huge. I can see why FN puts the small ones on the compacts, and I will be keeping them that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links