FN FNX Tactical with RMR - WOW!

FN Forum

Google Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Thanks Tree18Thanks

Thread: FN FNX Tactical with RMR - WOW!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    13
    Thanked
    5 times

    FN FNX Tactical with RMR - WOW!

    Was at the range yesterday with the family and I noticed a FN FNX Tactical on the rental shelf with a Trijicon RMR RM03 (13MOA dot).

    I've always been interested in what an optic on a handgun is like, so I went for the rental, more for the optic than the handgun. I'm a pretty good shot with irons but WOW! This thing is like cheating, 35' away - (15) shots as fast as I could get back on target with (13) touching and two flyers about 3" low right. That was by far the best I have ever shot any weapon and this was with a handgun I've never fired and an optic I've never used!

    Needless to say, I'm now putting together some funds to buy myself this combo ASAP...

    Per my usual habit of overthinking - I'm seeing a lot of discussion regarding dot size on the RMR's, are you guys seeing an distinct advantage to a smaller dot? If I had never shot one and was buying "blind" I would go with a smaller dot size, but I shot so well with the 13MOA dot, I'm reluctant to mess with a winning formula.

    Also, since lurking on this forum I'm seeing grey FNX tacticals? Is this a new option or a limited run? If these are available, does anyone have a lead on a dealer that might have one in stock??

    Thanks,

    Mike
    pez thanked this.


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    38
    Thanked
    20 times
    It sounds like you have taken with the FNX Tactical very quickly. It took me two range sessions to get used to it, but I love it now.

    My FNX Tactical has a 3 MOI dot, and my other two RMR pistols have 6 MOI. Maybe 13 MOI is bigger than optimum.
    Most folks now get 6-7 MOI. But again, you seem to have done well with it.
    I do believe that RMR on pistols has become the "next best thing". I hope the prices come down though.

  3. #3
    Junior Member Diesel_3001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    20
    Thanked
    6 times
    Welcome Mugsy! I just took my FNXT to the range last week for the first time. I have the RM07(6.25MOA), and wouldn't have it any other way. I was hitting all 15rds on paper at 25yds in about 30 seconds(range doesn't allow rapid fire) but the 6.25 dot made it real easy to reaquire the target. I've been shooting rifles with red dots of all makes and models most of my adult life and there was def a learning curve trying to find the dot in the small rmr, which is why I feel the 6.25moa was just perfect for me, not to small and not to big. I actually wanted a bigger size moa but trijicon doesnt make them in the adjustable configuration.

    As for the grey Tactical you refer to, the only one I've see with black polymer and stainless steel slide tactical model was here on the forum last week, it was ordered straight from FN apparently, besides that I have never seen that color combo in the tactical model. I was able to get a steal on my FDE tactical and rm07. pm me if you want more info.
    pez thanked this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    LESTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MICHIGAN
    Posts
    10,550
    Thanked
    24122 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugsy90/10 View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of discussion regarding dot size on the RMR's, are you guys seeing an distinct advantage to a smaller dot? If I had never shot one and was buying "blind" I would go with a smaller dot size, but I shot so well with the 13MOA dot, I'm reluctant to mess with a winning formula
    If your happy with the RM03 go with it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugsy90/10 View Post
    I'm seeing grey FNX tacticals? Is this a new option or a limited run? If these are available, does anyone have a lead on a dealer that might have one in stock??
    The FNX-45 Tactical Cerakote Tungsten Grey Slide is a USC Exclusive and the only place I know that had them was GrabAGun and they are sold out!

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    13
    Thanked
    5 times
    OK, funds collected, making the purchases shortly. Can someone confirm that the Trijicon RMR RM03 (purchased without a mount) will mount to an FNX Tactical with no need to purchase additional mounting plates or hardware? Based on the reviews I've read additional adapter plates and or hardware are only required for mounting dot style sights other than the Trijicon RMR.

    Sorry if this is question has already been addressed, I just want to be sure. There's not much worse than having parts you can't use for lack of a $5 part that's out of stock everywhere...
    Last edited by Mugsy90/10; 04-01-2017 at 11:01 AM.

  7. #6
    FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    LESTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MICHIGAN
    Posts
    10,550
    Thanked
    24122 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugsy90/10 View Post
    OK, funds collected, making the purchases shortly. Can someone confirm that the Trijicon RMR RM03 (purchased without a mount) will mount to an FNX Tactical with no need to purchase additional mounting plates or hardware?
    All the mounting hardware will come with the FNX-45 Tactical and additional Torx screws will also come with the Trijicon RMR
    dank, akitainu, Mugsy90/10 and 2 others thanked this.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    38
    Thanked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LESTER View Post
    All the mounting hardware will come with the FNX-45 Tactical and additional Torx screws will also come with the Trijicon RMR
    I bought a Trijicon RM01 for my FNX-45T. The FNX and RM01 had all the hardware needed.
    LESTER, hillbillyjim and Mugsy90/10 thanked this.

  9. #8
    FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Zombirat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    42
    Thanked
    19 times
    I have the RM07. Perfect size. 13 is just to huge. This gun is a tack driver at 50yards. No ****, you want to be able to see the target.

  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    13
    Thanked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombirat View Post
    I have the RM07. Perfect size. 13 is just to huge. This gun is a tack driver at 50yards. No ****, you want to be able to see the target.
    No issue picking up the smaller dot during rapid fire? I rented a Glock with an RMR (RM06, 3.25 dot) over this past weekend and hated it lot of trouble picking up the dot and the LED gives me a bad starburst effect.

    I'm thinking the RMR05 9MOA dot might be the best compromise for my vision, sight picture (decent range without obscuring target), and quick acquisition.

  11. #10
    FN Supporter
    FN Supporter
    Zombirat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    42
    Thanked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugsy90/10 View Post
    No issue picking up the smaller dot during rapid fire? I rented a Glock with an RMR (RM06, 3.25 dot) over this past weekend and hated it lot of trouble picking up the dot and the LED gives me a bad starburst effect.

    I'm thinking the RMR05 9MOA dot might be the best compromise for my vision, sight picture (decent range without obscuring target), and quick acquisition.
    Dude. It's all about training. 6.5 would be largest I'd go when a handgun is capable at 30-50 yards. I acquire perfectly. Shooting pop cams all day at 30 yards.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. FNX Tactical Malfunctions with RMR
    By hiyabrad in forum FN FNX
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-17-2016, 03:27 PM
  2. New FNX 45 Tactical RMR sight in?
    By dawgfan in forum FN FNX
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-29-2015, 09:37 AM
  3. FNX Tactical RMR Oprions
    By Mr Fatty in forum FN FNX
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 10-12-2013, 12:47 PM
  4. Fnx-45 tactical with rmr
    By LESTER in forum FN FNX
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09-26-2013, 11:39 PM
  5. Recommend me a RMR for my new FNX tactical please
    By joedaplumber in forum FN FNX
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-16-2013, 06:47 PM