FN Forum

Google Search
Thanks Tree3Thanks
  • 1 Post By craSSh
  • 1 Post By Pedro
  • 1 Post By Vmax1992

Thread: New FNX Tac 45 holster questions

New FNX Tac 45 holster questions

Hey guys, I recently bought a Tac 45 and am wondering about holster options. I have a local guy that will build this setup fnx tac 45 holster tac lab.jpgfor $125 and its a 5 week lead time. I was looking at alien gear and saw I can get their version of this setup for 95 before shipping FNH FNX 45 Tactical OWB Paddle Holster | Alien Gear. Has anybody every used that alien gear holster with this gun? What open carry options would you recommend for this gun? I do want the separate mag holsters.

I have the Alien gear holster. Works great. I like the paddle for easy and quick on and off. I had to modify it because I have a rmr atop it. Alien Gear said even after I modify it, I had 30 days to return it if I couldn't get it to work. I have since added a weapon light to the pistol and can't use the holster unless I pull the light off. I wish Alien Gear made a shell to accept the light.
    RivanFNX45 thanked this.

Alien Gears makes a good holster. I have the IWB and OWB holsters for a different weapon. They don't make an FNX45 holster with a light attachment which I have on.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FNForum.net
    Advertisements

FN Supporter
    FN Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by craSSh View Post
    I have the Alien gear holster. Works great. I like the paddle for easy and quick on and off. I had to modify it because I have a rmr atop it. Alien Gear said even after I modify it, I had 30 days to return it if I couldn't get it to work. I have since added a weapon light to the pistol and can't use the holster unless I pull the light off. I wish Alien Gear made a shell to accept the light.
    I should be receiving the shell for my FNX45T shortly from Alien Gear to put on my OWB paddle holster. Have you modified yours for the RMR? Would you mind sharing a pic and does the gun still securely fit? Also, what did you use to cut or grind the kydex? Thanks so much!

OWB - Since I put a light on it, I can't use it anymore. I used a pocket knife to shave off a little for the RMR. Works great without the light. Not sure why they don't do a streamlight compliant model.
    RivanFNX45 thanked this.

About three weeks ago I got a 92a1. The holster I ordered from Safariland, GLS long/wide, quick detach for paddle and drop leg. I got a 45 tac on last Friday. With a couple turns of the adjustment screw it fit the same holster, level 1 system works fine.
    RivanFNX45 thanked this.

Sponsored Links