FNX-9 Price Check

FN Forum

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

FNX-9 Price Check

Just wanted to get an idea of what people have been paying for their FNX-9's at local shops. My local store wants $625 for an all black, and they have the MSRP at $700. They're also the only store that has it in stock. Seems like most people online are getting them in the $550~ range. I know local shops will be more expensive, but do you think this is a good deal?

Senior Member Bullseye Shooter
    I would say that it is a reasonable price, maybe a little on the high side. I was able to get mine for $570+tax at a bass pro shop. If you look around online you can get one for close to $500 flat, but then you are paying transfer free, and shipping. Depending on the cost of transfers in your area, you may as well just get it from the shop. I figured me getting to have the gun now, getting to feel it, look at it, inspect it before purchase, and not having to deal with a transfer outweighed the $20 I might save of getting it online. I much rather support local shops than corporate stores, but every local place wanted 675+ for an FNX. To boot, none of them actually stocked them so they would have had to be ordered.

You might be able to haggle with the shop some, ask them if you buy a holster, accessories, and ammo at the same time if they should shave off $25 on the gun or something. Some shops if you ask will throw in some apparel for free if they have any.

Something to think about.

Not a bad price. Yes you can do better on the price shopping online but don't forget to add on transfer fees, aggravation, etc.

Thanks for the feedback. Just called up the shop and they said that their transfer fee is $50. Then shipping and tax on top of that. Looks like it wouldn't even be worth it unless I got it for less than $550 online and it would still end up roughly costing the same.

I think I'll take your advice shrew, and see if they'll drop the price a bit if I get some ammo and accessories.

Senior Member Bullseye Shooter themonk's Avatar
    CDNN is selling the FNX 9mm right now for $500 with free shipping. Call around and see if you can get a cheap transfer fee from an FFL ($25) and its a smoking deal.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose.

Thanks monk, I called them up and confirmed the $500 price. They also said free shipping and no tax for my state. I called some local shops and the lowest transfer fee that I could find was $35. Still a damn good deal, and $90 cheaper than local. That's looking like the best option so far. I googled CDNN reviews and they all seem pretty positive.

Re: FNX-9 Price Check

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeItFast
    Just wanted to get an idea of what people have been paying for their FNX-9's at local shops. My local store wants $625 for an all black, and they have the MSRP at $700. They're also the only store that has it in stock. Seems like most people online are getting them in the $550~ range. I know local shops will be more expensive, but do you think this is a good deal?
    I just bought one at Bass Pro Shop for $522, regular price was $579 and if you sign up for their credid card you get 10% off.

Senior Member Bullseye Shooter themonk's Avatar
    I have purchased 3 firearms from CDNN and have never had an issue. Shipping was generally around 3 days and great customer service. Also sign up for their weekly email where you can get great deals on ammo and accessories.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose.

My local gun store has it for $600. I really got lucky and found a unfired one for sale on ar15.com, for $400 shipped. My FFL charges $15 for transfers.

If you are in NE Ohio, I give you the name of the FFL dealer I use.

i bought mine local and paid $525 out the door last May.
    FNX - 9

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links