Bedside Handgun Storage?

FN Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Bullseye Shooter

Bedside Handgun Storage?

Those of you that aren't able to keep your handguns in a nightstand type thing- any cases/boxes that you all recommend, or maybe some tips and tricks that I haven't considered yet? I've been considering just a cheap Brinks 'black box' from Wal Mart or something but I'd rather not have to go find the keys to my lock box while being burglarized or something, before being able to gain access to my firearm.

Senior Member GO AHEAD PUNK, MAKE MY DAY

Re: Bedside Handgun Storage?

Quote Originally Posted by aaron_c
    Those of you that aren't able to keep your handguns in a nightstand type thing- any cases/boxes that you all recommend, or maybe some tips and tricks that I haven't considered yet? I've been considering just a cheap Brinks 'black box' from Wal Mart or something but I'd rather not have to go find the keys to my lock box while being burglarized or something, before being able to gain access to my firearm.
    You could keep the key with you, and when you go to bed put it in the lock.

Or hide things really good. My dad had at least one gun in every room of the house when I was little... and my brother, sister, dads ex wives/girl friends, and my self never found one.

Hey Poodle Soup- not a bad idea, really! My girlfriend already thinks I'm paranoid, but if her biggest concern with me is that I'm too dedicated to protecting my family and loved ones, I think I'll be fine, hah.

My main concern with trying to hide it well is that we have four pets. Two are cats, and that's not a problem- but two are ferrets. And if you've ever owned a ferret, you know what that's a problem lol. Those damned things can get into any night stand/dresser drawer in the house, under doors, into cabinets. Most incredible escape artists I've ever seen.

I would recommend training the ferrets to shoot and be proper guard ferrets

I thought one would be cool as a pet, but then realized what pain they could potentially be. Not for me.

Have you looked at those finger press boxes?
    http://www.gunvault.com/

Also, you have a price range in mind?
    -Dan

"I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker."
    Voltaire

Member Hits The Target
    I use a digital safe for quick access.

Quote Originally Posted by djv38
    I would recommend training the ferrets to shoot and be proper guard ferrets

I thought one would be cool as a pet, but then realized what pain they could potentially be. Not for me.

Have you looked at those finger press boxes?
    http://www.gunvault.com/

Also, you have a price range in mind?
    I could swing that probably, yeah, but I've heard about reliability/consistency issues with those finger press boxes. Do you have one, or have you used one?

Senior Member KIRK'S AWAY TEAM (GOLD SHIRT) GunTotingLiberal's Avatar
    I've had 2 different brands of electronic pistol safes. One reset to the default 12345 code if you bumped it the right way. The other seemed to need battery replacements very often and without warning. Since then, I use a bed holster. Mine isn't hidden, but it's well out of sight. You could mount it somewhere hidden, and only drop a pistol in it as you go to bed.

Senior Member Bullseye Shooter themonk's Avatar
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose.

Quote Originally Posted by GunTotingLiberal
    I've had 2 different brands of electronic pistol safes. One reset to the default 12345 code if you bumped it the right way. The other seemed to need battery replacements very often and without warning. Since then, I use a bed holster. Mine isn't hidden, but it's well out of sight. You could mount it somewhere hidden, and only drop a pistol in it as you go to bed.

Good idea here. I think I'll see if I can find a little safe that slides open like a drawer instead of a lid-opening style, since my bed is pretty low. Then just unlock it before bed.

I have not used one personally. I have a couple buddies who have them and they're okay. They're a little quicker to open.

I do not have a safe and don't need one at this time.
    -Dan

"I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker."
    Voltaire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links