How to improve your accuracy with the FNX - Page 2

FN Forum

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree77Thanks

Thread: How to improve your accuracy with the FNX

Marasm, use the PAD of your finger. And practice pulling straight back.
    jathtech thanked this.

Good write up. I had the problem of shooting left or low, left. I found that if I get a good strong grip with my strong hand, I don't have the problem of my fingers tightening on the gun when I pull the trigger which pulls the gun left.

Test: Hold your strong hand out in front of you (empty) and make a loose fist. There should be at least a couple of inches between your fingers and the palm of your hand. Point your trigger finger out straight. Now pull the trigger finger in like you're pulling a trigger. Do the other fingers want to close? It's an automatic reaction but if your fingers are already tight, the gun shouldn't move.

I also found that if I take my weak hand and wrap it firmly around my strong hand with my thumb just under the slide and put pressure towards my strong hand, it helps prevent the leftward movement. And, I can actually feel when I'm not pulling the trigger correctly and in anticipating the shot. It's fascinating all the dynamics that go on when shooting.
    Last edited by jescurius; 03-25-2012 at 05:17 PM. Reason: add text
    QuercusMax, ImmoralCase and jathtech thanked this.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveAndHisGun View Post
    Just in case you may have missed it, your sight picture for a FNX is #3 combat sights.
    Negative...

The FNX uses BOTH 2 and 3. Cobat sights are there for when you don't have a lot of time to line up a shot. Hence the term combat sights. They gun becomes more accurate upon using #2 sight picture.
    Gers4Lyfe and Gramaton Cleric thanked this.

Super Moderator
    FN Supporter
    Welcome back.

Hey. What's up?

Hi , I'm new to your board and FN guns. Had a Baretta 90-two that threw rounds everywhere... I traded it on a FNX40. It holds good groups, but I'm a old wheel gun person and dont care for the combat sights. If I shoot off the top of the sights like in #2, I shoot low. But if I use the combat sights its right on, but they cover over my red dot... To what I'm used to its like trying to hit a can at 20 yards using a fence post for a sight... I'm wondering if anyone makes a good adjustable target site for this gun...
    The gun is great, but I used to my wheel gun sites that I can still see what I'm shooting at when I pull down on it... I guess you could say I'm more of a small target shooter than someone trying to hit a large body mass target like the sights are made for.

Thanks for the info..very helpful. Looking forward to trying this on the range

Nice post.

Good info on the different sites, I didn't know about the combat site, but I've been working on my shot group and I wondered if the front dot was center of mass. I definitely jerk the trigger, my stray shots go low right (I'm lefty).

Anyways, I'd also like to know about alternate site options for the fnx. The standard on the 40 aren't bad, but I'm mostly at the range, and not a LEO of any type, so that's most often where I'm going to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by RooksHunter View Post
    Good info on the different sites, I didn't know about the combat site, but I've been working on my shot group and I wondered if the front dot was center of mass. I definitely jerk the trigger, my stray shots go low right (I'm lefty).

Anyways, I'd also like to know about alternate site options for the fnx. The standard on the 40 aren't bad, but I'm mostly at the range, and not a LEO of any type, so that's most often where I'm going to use it.
    Thats the same kind of shooting I'm doing. The dot on the front is for center of mass. And yes they are good combat sites. But not much good for our type of target shooting... So far the only thing I can come up with is have a gunsmith make a set fit the gun , or have the gun fit the sights. Which would be $250.to $300. I'm guessing.. Also I put a laser on it which works good for lower light target shooting...
    I'm looking at a Sig 1911 40 cal with match barrel and adjustable target sights that they say will be at my dealer in Aug. I'm thinking about not changing the sights on this one as it holds a good group on a large target. And buying the Sig for my target gun...
    Last edited by LLG53; 04-30-2012 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Added laser sights

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco View Post
    Here you go

Attachment 1499
    I am terribly guilty of alot of these things.

Mostly having to do with the trigger and tightening my grip, fingers, etc. and pushing.

Ugh.
    Chris Zatzke thanked this.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links